Thread: Once Upon A Time - to renew in fall in Wonderand

Banned

Once Upon A Time - to renew in fall in Wonderand

I never watched "Once Upon a Time" since it debuted in 2011. Netflix streaming has the first 2 seasons with no commercials and I watched it last night. Music is by Mark Isham and quite dynamic in 5.1. I really enjoy this one, beautiful color, photography and interesting characters. Parallel universes too. It was renewed for this fall, and may connect to the Alice in Wonderland fairy tale. Snow White, and Cinderella have been connected to so far. Really surprised me, but I have ignored netwrk tv for decades.

My wife and I have watched both seasons and have enjoyed it. The writers are two of the guys who wrote for “Lost” which is what got us into it in the first place as we were both “Lost” fanatics. You see a lot of ex – Lost cast members on the show and every once in a while they will throw in a hidden lost reference (i.e. showing a person purchasing Apollo bars in a candy store and a billboard for Oceanic Airlines in the town of Storybook). I don’t think it is on a same par as “Lost”, but overall it has been pretty good, and the acting, for the most part, is very good. The storyline is pretty detailed, so I am guessing that watching it back to back would be a good way to go. It is sometimes difficult to remember who is who and what is what between the 2 (and sometimes 3) different worlds that the show takes place in. Glad to see it is coming back.

Steve Sly

Banned
    I was watching it back to back, no commercials or distractions from fast forwarding, and it was extremely addictive. Haven't seen Lost or Grim, been pretty much disconnected from network TV.