Thread: Magenta - Metamorphosis : Special Edition / New Video

Magenta - Metamorphosis : Special Edition / New Video

Tigermoth Productions are proud to announce the release of the classic Magenta album "Metamorphosis" available for the first time in a 2 disc deluxe edition.
    The CD contains the complete original album, along with Five extra tracks. Four are brand new arrangements of songs from the original album and the fifth is the sought after 'missing section' from the title track "Metamorphosis", available on CD for the first time.
    The DVD contains the complete album in 5.1 Surround sound, along with well over 2 hours of 'making of' features and interviews. There are also 3 promo videos including the brand new video for 'The War Bride’s Prayer'.

This really is the complete Metamorphosis experience and is available now in the Magenta shop.

The stunning new Magenta video 'The War Bride's Prayer'.

Rob Reed talks about Metamorphosis five year on.

Rob shares his thoughts on the Metamorphosis Special Edition

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hate to ask, but do you know how this differs from the edition that was already released in the DVD clamshell case? I'm sure I'll end up getting this anyway, but is the only difference the "missing" section? I already have that and the original CD.

Not sure what you mean regarding a 'DVD clamshell case' as the DVD was only released in a standard DVD format.
    But I can tell you that the additions to the new version are the 5 new songs (on the CD) and 2 extra promo videos (on the DVD).
    Apparently it's already selling very well as the DVD as been out of print for a few years and there's a lot of intrigue about the new tracks, which sound amazing.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sorry, I just meant the previous DVD. I guess I was trying to differentiate between the CD and DVD releases but that wasn't really necessary.

I'm loving the way Rob has reworked these passages from the album, such a fresh take on the pieces, revealing some of the lush details in the compositions. Stunning vocals from Tina yet again, too.

It's great to see musicians taking such care over the details - rather than just pushing the button to re-press the original DVD - adding so much more to the package in the process.
    If you don't already have the album this is definitely the best way to get it.
    If you don't have the original DVD, even if you don't have a 5.1 set-up (yet!), all the DVD extras (particularly the "Inside The Mix" feature) make this an exceptionally good value purchase.

Even if you *do* already have the album (and maybe also the original DVD) 12 UKP (+P&P) isn't that much to either complete your collection *or* make a great gift for someone else (UK Father's Day is coming up!! June 16th).

Pity they used the flimsy 2 disc in a CD box packaging, that breaks the first time it is touched. Both the front and the inner are broke on my copy. I'd have preferred a digipack.

Auto-Buy for me!!!!
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

Already own and love the original release of this. I think it's by far their best release. That said, not enough here to entice me to buy it again.