Thread: 60 Minute Brian May Interview by...Rick Wakeman

60 Minute Brian May Interview by...Rick Wakeman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daf9j8xnaOY

Not sure how to imbed this. Sorry.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

There is a video icon on the bar about - second one from the end. Click it - insert the URL - done!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    There is a video icon on the bar about - second one from the end. Click it - insert the URL - done!
    Ah thank you.

bump

Great stuff. Rick's "Face To Face" program was highly enjoyable. His interviews with Ian Anderson and Tony Iommi were top notch.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It seems that both Queen and Rush were at vital points early in their career--that would determine whether they were to be or not to be. (2112 and Night at the Opera). I did not know how vital Boho Rap was to their career, and the mess of a deal they got with the middleman (Trident).

Wonder why this want brought up--the huge difference (for the better and for the worst) Roy Thomas Baker had in the professional lives of RW and BM. How he was vital for Queen and an utter disaster for Yes, during the so-called post Tormato pre Drama period.

Nice to see Rick's still interested in music. He was on British TV last week reviewing a tumble dryer's performance.