Thread: New Dreadnaught track for free download

New Dreadnaught track for free download

Hi all,

Dreadnaught's new track "Trophy Bride" is available for free download here:

http://dreadnaughtmusic.bandcamp.com

This is the debut cut from our new project HARD CHARGIN', our first officially released studio recordings since 2007's HIGH HEAT & CHIN MUSIC. More new tracks will be released shortly.

Along with "Trophy Bride," we've posted free downloads from each of our previous albums at that same link as well, including music from THE AMERICAN STANDARD, LIVE AT MOJO, UNA VEZ MAS, and more.

Lastly, this past summer we were invited to perform at ProgDay 2012 in Chapel Hill by Michael Bennett and the ProgDay team, and our excellent experience there - and the amazing reception given to us from all the organizers, listeners, fellow players and bands, sound team, vendors, partners, and hosts, all genuinely too numerous too mention - directly resulted in the creation of this new project and the track you are hopefully listening to right now. We highly recommend getting to ProgDay whether you are playing or listening, it is truly an extraordinary gathering.

More new music en route soon, stay tuned...

Bob, Rick, and Justin
    Dreadnaught
    www.dreadnaughtrock.com

Great! Looking forward to the full blown project but I do have to comment that the title of the album seems a little, ahem, too direct perhaps? YMMV

Direct seems to be our thing... with titles like "Ballbuster," "Bony Cleave," "Elba (Never Come Back, I Want You Gone)" and "Women Are Kryptonite" we've established a strong record of not being oblique!

As a side note, looks like we might be playing a show or two down in the Chapel Hill area to coincide with ProgDay - looking forward to seeing all the great folks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Direct seems to be our thing... with titles like "Ballbuster," "Bony Cleave," "Elba (Never Come Back, I Want You Gone)" and "Women Are Kryptonite" we've established a strong record of not being oblique!

As a side note, looks like we might be playing a show or two down in the Chapel Hill area to coincide with ProgDay - looking forward to seeing all the great folks again.
    Looks like a Friday night show eh Bob!

Dave Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    this is great news!
    i think maybe i'll wear a Rickenbacker bass as a fasion accessory to go with my captain's hat this year

Rich, you're ON - I'll have my "Captain Lord" hat on and maybe even my ascot as well!

Dave, it looks like we're a go for Friday night, we'll make the announcement shortly.

And for any forum members in New England, Dreadnaught is performing in Portland ME tonight (5/31) with the outstandingly complex proggers Confusatron and Sunrunner at Geno's. It shall be a night of many, many notes...

Hi folks, we've got another new track up for free download from our HARD CHARGIN' project, this one called "The Bear." Hope you enjoy it:

http://dreadnaughtmusic.bandcamp.com

You can also see some images and stories from the past few years and even further back at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dreadn...35886783102455. Salman Rushdie really looks like he could be in the band if he wanted to be (offer is open, Salman).

We'll have another free track released in one month, and then in August we'll hopefully see you down at ProgDay with an EP featuring these cuts and a few more new ones.

Bob, Rick, and Justin
    Dreadnaught

Hola amigos, dobrý den, privet, goedendag,

We've posted "Surface Raid," the 3rd new track from our HARD CHARGIN' project, for free download at:

http://dreadnaughtmusic.bandcamp.com/track/surface-raid

The cut features the Moravská Filharmonie on strings, and the three of us on everything else.

Looking forward to ProgDay next month!

Bob, Rick, and Justin
    Dreadnaught