Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Univers Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Second, I knew a lot of hilariously famous "dark metal" mavericks from growing up in Fana and going to school with them in Rådalen; Kristian Vikernes, for example. Knowing them personally, I think I actually might have played it somewhat safe in determining the "pity" of their approach to existential lore. For instance in the instinct of interpreting half-notes as "sounding evil", black capes as "signalling evil", corpse paint as "looking evil", and even the trait of preferring chocolate milk over ordinary milk and Coca-Cola over beer - as being tokens of "evil", seeing as dark colours obviously signal "evil".
    Seriously, these chaps thought it was more Satanic to drink Coke than beer because it's...closer to black? That is one of the funnier things I've read recently. Somebody shoulda told the knuckleheads about Guinness. Taken in quantity it could also have given them some Baphometic bowel-movements.

I've always cracked a smile at the cover of Heresie and felt the humour was fully intentional and intrinsic. I hadn't thought about it coming from Roger, but it does make sense.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Nothing new really, except that somebody apparently in Iowa has bought the domain http://www.univers-zero.com/
    And then made a website 'about the band' - but it's a vehickle for bootlegs & advertisments and has nothing to do with the band or Daniel Denis.

I maintain this website http://universzero.dk/ and is occationally updating it together with Renato Moraes and in contact with Daniel Denis.
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 06-03-2019 at 01:47 PM.

https://guysegers1.bandcamp.com/music

Univers Zéro - (1997​/​05​/​18) Live in Victoriaville. Soundboard (I think)
    And other places, Oslo, Brussels, Stockholm, Uppsala, 1982
    Braine-le-compte 80
    London 81, Milano 79

Bottom of page. Several tracks
    Qualified guess: not specifically legit.
    Last edited by Zeuhlmate; 03-19-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Meh, these chaps are obviously only counterfeiting I-Am-the-Morning, who according to 'Prog Mag' created that brand new genre called chamber-rock.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Meh, these chaps are obviously only counterfeiting I-Am-the-Morning, who according to 'Prog Mag' created that brand new genre called chamber-rock.
    Has Svetontio overtaken PROG Mag

O_o
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^ love that guy! thx
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Nice videos - great to see he is still playing!