Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Univers Zero

The CD Relapse on vinyl: Releasedate 21th of September 2014

http://www.subrosa.net/en.html : - Univers Zero: The SalMar construction. Relaps/Archives 1984-86: this record documents the final 1980s line-ups before the band's long sabbatical from recording and touring. Avaialble as 2LP gatefold only.

Concert

Prague 2015 27th of March
    Venue : Akropolis Palace
    Kubelikova 1548/27
    130 00 Prague 3

Organizer: Prague Music Performance

I've been a Univers Zero fanatic since 79'. Their music was often played on an after hours Progressive Rock radio show on WXPN in Philadelphia. I can't recall the name of the show , but I do recall the theme of the show was an excerpt from Mort Garson's Black Mass/Lucifer. I have always been amazed by the composition of Daniel Denis and several other members throughout the band's career. Electric lead guitar was not a main feature in their music. Heatwave displayed a kind of schizoid electric lead guitar which produced a harsh , but interesting tone. There may have been some guitar work on Implosion, but it's rather difficult for me to recall. Phosphorescent Dreams features for the very first time ...a single note electrified sounding guitar that plays signature lines. Nicolas Dechene has a very fine tone and on Phosphorescent Dreams...the guitar takes on a different role unlike other Univers Zero releases of the past that only briefly featured guitar. On this most recent release...the guitar parts are written to play a melody line as other instruments play around it , adding additional harmonies which color the music. The guitar takes on the role of guiding the other instruments..unlike other releases. It's all based on how the music was written, but nevertheless it's a different approach for Univers Zero and I'm loving it. Rhythmix contains 2 of my most favorite pieces....Terres Noires(Blacklands), and Reve Cyclique. For me personally....nothing compares to Ceux Du Dehors. I will always be fanatic over Univers Zero.

In approximately one week, all rights to all of our Univers Zero titles will revert to the band.

At that time, we will immediately take them down from our bandcamp page, so if you want them, you should get them right now:
    https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/

At that time, we will instruct all 3rd party digital providers (e-music, Amazon digital, iTunes, etc) to take them down, so, once again, if you want them, you should act soon.

We will still have the rights to sell what we have in stock in physical form until they are gone. In some cases we don't have very many, and, in yet one more final 'again', you should not wait too long if you are interested in these.
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Departments/UZ.aspx

Thank you for your interest.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Knowing you a bit, I take it that's about as far as you'll tell us, but....

It's sad to see this (about) 30 yo partnership end.

Just thought I'd say that.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Thank you. That's nice to say and I appreciate it.

And to anyone looking for drama, I suggest "Coronation Street".
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

All around the world. On land and in the sea.
    Thanks Steve, I guess it's time I grab Heatwave, then!
    Check out Colouratura's sophomore release Unfamiliar Skies - out this spring on Melodic Revolution Records!

colouratura.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Thanks for the warning Steve, I'll check out if I'm misisng anything tonight.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Knowing you a bit, I take it that's about as far as you'll tell us, but....

It's sad to see this (about) 30 yo partnership end.

Just thought I'd say that.
    Yah...what Trane said.

Cheers for many great releases on Cuneiform.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

I was later to the party fining out about Univers Zero in 1998.
    Since that time, I have bought all the new albums on cd and the remix versions. I would be excited and immediately get the new release asap when it showed up in a Wayside email.
    I still have yet to buy the newest UZ album.
    I was hoping it was going to be a one off thing and they would be back to Cuneiform for the next.

Univers Zero: Relapse (CD release 2009), is now available on vinyl (2 LP) from www.subrosa.net

It was a good relationship while it lasted. Let's hope Daniel finds a distributor who does as well as Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yah...what Trane said.

Cheers for many great releases on Cuneiform.
    Yep.

Univers Zero will play at the "Zappanale festival" (Bad Doberan) in Germany on the 18th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Univers Zero will play at the "Zappanale festival" (Bad Doberan) in Germany on the 18th of July.
    wow. UZ, Magma, Panzerpappa and many others. Carmaux is getting competition!

Univers Zero: Relapse (CD release 2009), is now available on vinyl (2 LP) from www.subrosa.net
    I found it at a huge shopping mall ('Oslo City') just two hours ago - and I'm not even kidding! Beyond far out for real...

Didn't buy it, though - I've got that material on CD already.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Oslo is musically superior !
    I dont think I have ever encountered a Univers Zero album in Copenhagen. CD or LP.
    Magma have not played here since 1984, Mats/Morgan have never played here.
    But American jazz...

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    wow. UZ, Magma, Panzerpappa and many others. Carmaux is getting competition!
    Present played there last year too.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I found it at a huge shopping mall ('Oslo City') just two hours ago - and I'm not even kidding! Beyond far out for real...
    This has actually gotten really far-reaching distribution. I've seen it in a few stores that don't necessarily cater to avant stuff, and you can find it on ebay from some of the big bargain retailers. Similar to the Art Zoyd albums Subrosa put out a few years ago. Very nice to see.

Check out this video at 9:25

hahahhahahahhahahahahahhaha

That was AMAZING!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

do I miss something??

At 9:25 one of UZ's most spectacular tunes starts, but played by Bluecoats and in their own arrangement.
    I wonder how that came about.
    Lets call it a tribute untill further info is available.

Yeah, I think my jaw would've been on the ground had I heard that live. And, from a technical standpoint, those musicians gotta be in pretty good shape - they were hauling ass all over that field.

At 9:25 one of UZ's most spectacular tunes starts

Mmmhhh!!!... Ok, but it takes a while to hit me.

I was expecting someone like Dave Kerman to cross the image or something of the ilk.