Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: KISS

The eons are closing
    This is some amazin shit - the 77 concert footage from japan is awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

All this stuff is great, the band was on fire and it's an incredible time capsule. Love it all.

Past their freshness date, this clip still gives good insight into some behind the scenes of the Shandi video.

Interesting to nte that Peter doesn't even perform on this song. Ace looks wasted.

First performance with drummer Eric Carr

A M A Z I N G

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    A M A Z I N G
    Wow!! Total jam on that '74 Detroit!! KISS were actually awesome then. Ace is blazing.

The eons are closing
    been sharing the links with friends and they're blown away - gonna check the 74 show....

Glad you cats are enjoying some of these! I've only watched the rehearsals all the way through. Saved them all to hard drive to watch when I have solid time to appreciate these.

Just dropped. Here's Paul with his bandit makeup, prior to switching to the star. This is from 48 years ago. Incredible.

This is making me giddy seeing KISS so casual at an in-store event wearing their Destroyer costumes. I've only skimmed it, but wow, Gene going to town on some of the locals. Wonder if he checked ID ahead of time.

A M A Z I N G

Interesting that they were doing She even on the first album tour. Yeah, I know, it dates back to the Wicked Lester days, but I didn't Kiss did it before the Dressed To Kill era. And it's interesting that they make what I still feel is that clumsy segue into the guitar riff, that would lead to Ace's cadenza. Then on the Hotter Than Hell tour, they moved Ace's cadenza to Watchin' You, and during the Destroyer and Rock And Roll Over tours it was during Cold Gin, both of which I think it worked better than in She. But this is really cool, neat to see this!

AH, man!!!!!!

The eons are closing
    duuuuude!

I downloaded them before I posted links here.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    The Black Hawks... I was very likely at this show.
    Would this be the actual concert you attended, January 22, 1977? New leak a few hours ago...

Amazing how a film transfer can look so damned good!

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    seems like Gene got to the videos
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    seems like Gene got to the videos
    Not at all. The person that owns some of the footage initiated takedowns. However, some fanatics have banded together and have re-uploaded the videos on their Google Drive for all to download and view. Some have also re-uploaded to YouTube and other video hosting sites. Search around, they are everywhere now.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Cool! The comment was more of a joke on Gene's lawyers raiding a Kiss convention, btw
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    Cool! The comment was more of a joke on Gene's lawyers raiding a Kiss convention, btw
    Yes, the infamous Detroit raid. There were many things going on with that event. Peter Criss was special guest at the expo, and was pissed off that Gene & Paul showed up and did the raid. He felt it was against him and soured his event. However, on Peter's flight back to Los Angeles, Paul and Gene were on the same flight and they were able to talk. That is what started the 1996 reunion.

KISS sent a message to bootleggers.

Last August, the attorneys for KISS obtained an injunction against the sale of counterfeit KISS merchandise and seized bootleg videos of KISS concerts that were being offered for sale at a KISS Expo in North Carolina. Our attorneys (Ray Scott and William Randolph),following up on that seizure, obtained last week a permanent injunction against defendant Roy Damm and damages awarded to Kiss Catalog of $7,000,000, plus attorneys' fees.

We hope that this judgment sends a clear message that KISS will not tolerate being ripped off by counterfeiters and bootleggers. This is also a rip-off of KISS fans who have a right to expect that when they spend their hard earned money for KISS merchandise and videos, they are getting high-quality, authorized KISS products. When you purchase bootleg videos, including bootleg DVDs marketed under the KissVision label, we ALL lose. This is our $7,000,000 warning to those who are selling counterfeit and bootleg KISS goods, that they risk the same fate as Roy Damm. We have directed the KISS attorneys to continue protecting KISS' rights as aggressively as allowed. No slaps on the wrist. We will find you and we will take you out.

KISS were asked directly about these recent video leaks. Go to 11:47, if it doesn't start there.

The eons are closing
    So Kissology 4 is "done" but those pesky lawyers....

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    So Kissology 4 is "done" but those pesky lawyers....
    KISSOLOGY 3 was released December 2007 on DVD. I don't think it is ever going to be released, and I don't think it was finished. Too late now to release something like that.

What has the KISS community up in arms is the 2020 Dubai concert debacle. KISS performed in Dubai and did a pay-per-view. Some of these packages (that included a future Blu-Ray of the concert, along with t-shirts, caps, etc.) ranged from $49 (just pay-per-view) through $1000. The concert film was to be shown in movie theaters. The company that organized this has sent out emails (when prodded) noting delay after delay, blaming KISS for not reviewing the film edits. They have said they can't send the product until it premieres in theaters, and used the excuse that theaters were closed at the time and they had to wait until they reopened. Theaters have since reopened. They have gone back and forth saying they will send items out and still, nothing has moved. KISS claims their manager "is getting this sorted" but still nothing. Some fans say they have asked Gene about this via Twitter and he has blocked them. By the way, the concert package slogan was "KISS 2020 Goodbye", and that is what is to be on the caps and shirts. Really doesn't make any sense now in 2022, does it?

For the record, I did not purchase any of these packages.

The eons are closing
    Already gone - didnt get to see what it was...

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Already gone - didnt get to see what it was...
    An hour of 1996 rehearsals for the reunion concert. All without makeup. Just the 4 band members jamming and working out the songs.