Page 52 of 86 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2140

Thread: King Crimson News

Got decent center seats for the LA show at The Greek Theater. Long live the King!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Thus far...Aug 22nd (F&F), Aug 26th, Aug 27th, and Sep 9th...all Royal...at those who are on the fence...this might very well be the last chance to see them in the foreseeable future - David Singleton has confirmed there are NO touring plans after this year.

Got my tix for the DC show - I'm taking my proggy 16 year old daughter. I'm a little bummed there's an opening act, but I can't pass up a chance to see the KING

Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    I'm a little bummed there's an opening act, but I can't pass up a chance to see the KING
    If there has to be an opening act, at least it's Keneally.

The eons are closing
    Please MK / Zappa band! Need "solo" dates! :-)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I know CGT is more closely-related to Crimso than the Zappa Band is, but I'm glad to be seeing the latter as opposed to the former. The CGT doesn't do a whole lot for me, despite their obvious talent.

Too bad Ike's not aboard. Ike/Ray/Bobby was FZ's strongest vocal lineup. Even better would be if Napoleon was in the lineup, too.

Got our tix for Sandy, UT. I still can't believe they haven't added a Seattle show, but this way I'll get to share KC with my son and TOTALLY CORRUPT HIM. MOO AH AH AHHH!!!

schizoid-man.jpg

Ah, parenting.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Thus far...Aug 22nd (F&F), Aug 26th, Aug 27th, and Sep 9th...all Royal...at those who are on the fence...this might very well be the last chance to see them in the foreseeable future - David Singleton has confirmed there are NO touring plans after this year.
    Crimson would defintely have some Canadian dates if the border wasn't closed. If this is the last time, this would be an incredible drag. I did see the line-up twice, in Albany and Montreal. So, at least there is that.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Got our tix for Sandy, UT. I still can't believe they haven't added a Seattle show, but this way I'll get to share KC with my son and TOTALLY CORRUPT HIM. MOO AH AH AHHH!!!
    If the Zappa Band is opening, it would just be "MOO-AH".

!!
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Don't they usually not have future touring plans when a current tour hasn't yet finished?

For the record:

A number of issues arising from the launch of the tour :
    Firstly, I understand that the Fox Theater in Atlanta has described this as King Crimson’s “Farewell Tour”. We have never described this as a “farewell tour” and will be asking them to change their wording. Given the way that so many bands have played multiple farewell tours, I very much doubt King Crimson will ever announce a “farewell tour”. That said, the band currently have absolutely no plans for more touring beyond the end of this year. Covid permitting, we hope to be in Japan in the winter, but after that there are currently no more future plans. It is advisable never to say “never” – but it is unlikely that this band will ever return to North America. Certainly, I cannot imagine these brave souls ever getting on a sleeper bus again and caravanning from city to city. The Fox Theater in Atlanta may well be correct that we will never play there again – but that does not make this a “Farewell Tour”. In fact, this is a “Hello Again!” tour – “Glad Times are Here!”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Don't they usually not have future touring plans when a current tour hasn't yet finished?
    I can't speak for KC, at least certainly not now, but in a nutshell, artists often plan beyond the current tour, even whilst on it.

I know a good number of artists who plan ahead multiple years. Sometimes it's with different bands, so they have to work to nail the members down for specific periods (if you think of Tony Levin's commitments to Crimson, Peter Gabriel and his own projects like The Levin Brothers and Stick Men, you'll seee what I mean), and that can sometimes be one or more years in the future.

But revising my Crimson articles for the book, I coincidentally, just today, came across, in my review of the Starless mega-box that was released in 2014, shortly after the current Crim's first north American tour in the fall of that year, a comment that I must have made based on hearing (likely from Panegyric) that the band was looking ahead to 2015 and 2016, even then.

So yeah, bands do, at least sometimes and in some cases, plan beyond their current tour .... and even beyond the next one.
    Cheers!
    J
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

A number of issues arising from the launch of the tour :
    Firstly, I understand that the Fox Theater in Atlanta has described this as King Crimson’s “Farewell Tour”. We have never described this as a “farewell tour” and will be asking them to change their wording. Given the way that so many bands have played multiple farewell tours, I very much doubt King Crimson will ever announce a “farewell tour”. That said, the band currently have absolutely no plans for more touring beyond the end of this year. Covid permitting, we hope to be in Japan in the winter, but after that there are currently no more future plans. It is advisable never to say “never” – but it is unlikely that this band will ever return to North America. Certainly, I cannot imagine these brave souls ever getting on a sleeper bus again and caravanning from city to city. The Fox Theater in Atlanta may well be correct that we will never play there again – but that does not make this a “Farewell Tour”. In fact, this is a “Hello Again!” tour – “Glad Times are Here!”
    What it probably means is no more touring for this lineup of King Crimson. But I'd be surprised if Fripp announced he was hanging up his guitar for good. Based on the Toyah and Robert videos there's very much still a tiger in the tank. *rwoawr!!!*
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Based on the Toyah and Robert videos there's very much still a tiger in the tank. *rwoawr!!!*
    Oh god...Is Fripp going to be sporting that mohawk on this tour?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    We can only hope.

What it probably means is no more touring for this lineup of King Crimson. But I'd be surprised if Fripp announced he was hanging up his guitar for good. Based on the Toyah and Robert videos there's very much still a tiger in the tank. *rwoawr!!!*
    I agree with that.

How many people are going to be sporting this t-shirt at the shows?

ToyahRobertTee_FrippsMaBitch-Black-100x100.png
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    That might be worth the price of admission alone.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    With the king once again risen, is there any scuttlebutt about more live releases coming down the pipeline?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Got sweet center seats for the 'Hamp show here in town. That they were over $125 each didn't deter. especially with no travel involved.

Enjoyed the CGT opening for the double trio lineup back in what, '96?

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I can't speak for KC, at least certainly not now, but in a nutshell, artists often plan beyond the current tour, even whilst on it.

I know a good number of artists who plan ahead multiple years. Sometimes it's with different bands, so they have to work to nail the members down for specific periods (if you think of Tony Levin's commitments to Crimson, Peter Gabriel and his own projects like The Levin Brothers and Stick Men, you'll seee what I mean), and that can sometimes be one or more years in the future.

But revising my Crimson articles for the book, I coincidentally, just today, came across, in my review of the Starless mega-box that was released in 2014, shortly after the current Crim's first north American tour in the fall of that year, a comment that I must have made based on hearing (likely from Panegyric) that the band was looking ahead to 2015 and 2016, even then.

So yeah, bands do, at least sometimes and in some cases, plan beyond their current tour .... and even beyond the next one.
    Cheers!
    J
    I’d have to imagine with 7 members that yes, there’s some long term planning that KC does. Have to imagine it’s been utterly exhausting though figuring out how to make a 2021 tour work and they’re just burnt out from making that a reality…..

Same time, have to figure as long as fripp is happy and enjoying this configuration, that it will somehow someway continue. Crazy to think it’s now 7 years of the current band, so here’s to hoping they’ve a successful tour ahead of them, and a (hopeful) documentary release, and then whatever the future holds it holds!

Got tix for the Concord show, along with Rapidfirerob and another friend who has never seen them. Looking forward to this!
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

I guess I missed the Boca Raton show. The only Fla date I see is St. Augustine. Too far. Would love to see KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I guess I missed the Boca Raton show. The only Fla date I see is St. Augustine. Too far. Would love to see KC.
    It just moved to Delray. There are four Florida dates. Basically one close to each city.