Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2157

Thread: King Crimson News

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Jesus that sounds tempting .
    Yes it does. I don't usually pine after live audio CDs, but in this case those and the extra live video footage make this very tempting indeed.

Neil

Looks like Fripp and Toyah have decided to makea show out of their Sunday videos -I've just found they're playing at my local theatre in Shrewsbury next week, a venue that normally only does family freindly things like Abba tribute bands and Buddy Holly evenings. It says "Tyah Willcox and Robert Fripp are bursting out of the kitchen and going on tour with Toyah's full 'Posh Pop' band.

This 2023 Rock Party Tour is an evening of 'Sunday Lunch' reminiscing and full rock classics, familiar from their hit YouTube series, with Robert on guitar.

With the legendary artistic twists that both Robert and Toyah are renowned for, they'll perform their own hits plus many much-loved classics, including My Generation, Heroes, Teenage Kicks, Rebel Yell, Slave To The Rhythm, Smoke On The Water, Are You Gonna Go My Way, Paranoid and more!"

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    Looks like Fripp and Toyah have decided to makea show out of their Sunday videos -I've just found they're playing at my local theatre in Shrewsbury next week, a venue that normally only does family freindly things like Abba tribute bands and Buddy Holly evenings. It says "Tyah Willcox and Robert Fripp are bursting out of the kitchen and going on tour with Toyah's full 'Posh Pop' band.

This 2023 Rock Party Tour is an evening of 'Sunday Lunch' reminiscing and full rock classics, familiar from their hit YouTube series, with Robert on guitar.

With the legendary artistic twists that both Robert and Toyah are renowned for, they'll perform their own hits plus many much-loved classics, including My Generation, Heroes, Teenage Kicks, Rebel Yell, Slave To The Rhythm, Smoke On The Water, Are You Gonna Go My Way, Paranoid and more!"
    They should make it a semi-theatrical thing, a walk down memory lane. Hell, bring in Mike and Peter Giles and put Robert in the schoolboy outfit. It'll be a gas.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    They should make it a semi-theatrical thing, a walk down memory lane. Hell, bring in Mike and Peter Giles and put Robert in the schoolboy outfit. It'll be a gas.
    I've only just spotted that this gig (part of a tour) is for October 2023, not next week! It doesn't seem sensible to be scheduling gigs that far off at his age.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Is there one album where I can get all the new material Crimson have been performing live? Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^Unfortunately no.

And the songs changed quite a bit over time. The earliest versions of “The Errors” are inferior to the latter given the prominence of Stacey’s Tippett-like piano.

I could probably come up with a good list if I were at home and on my computer, but the best bet is to download the individual tunes or scrap them together from the various live releases.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

All recos welcome, I'm looking to put together an 'album' of the new material. Download is fine.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

All recos welcome, I'm looking to put together an 'album' of the new material. Download is fine.
    I was hoping you were open to that, otherwise it was going to be a very sad day for you. I have all the cd/dvd/blu-ray sets, except the very first ep for some reason, and they are all excellent, but I understand not "needing" all of them. If you were going to get one with a film of the show also, I would suggest Meltdown

I went thru this about a year or two so ago. I listened to Live at the Orpheum, Live in Toronto, Radical Action to Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind, Live in Chicago, Live in Vienna, and Meltdown. I'm not a completist, at least not of KC, so I don't need every little variation of a song. I wanted an album as the base and then downloads if there was a must have that it was missing or thought the version on another album is better. It was a tossup between Radical Action and Meltdown, and I went with the former. Then I downloaded a few tracks like Indiscipline from Meltdown and a Neurotica and Cirkus from Chicago, Heroes from Vienna. I know there is a couple more, but basically Radical Action and fill in what you like. I worked for me. Good Luck!

The eons are closing
    https://www.reddit.com/r/KingCrimson..._compositions/

01 - Radical Action (To Unseat the Hold of Monkey Mind) (Japan 2015)

02 - Meltdown (Japan 2015)

03 - Radical Action II (Japan 2015)

04 - Hoodoo (Albany 2014)

05 - The Hell Hounds Of Krim (Japan 2015)

06 - Separation (Elements Boxset 2014)

07 - Banshee Legs Bell Hassle (Japan 2015)

08 - Suitable Grounds For The Blues (Japan 2015)

09 - CatalytiKc No. 9 (Mexico 2017)

10 - Interlude (Japan 2015)

11 - Devil Dogs Of Tessellation Row (Japan 2015)

12 - The Errors (Chicago 2017)

13 - Fairy Dust of the Drumsons (Vienna 2016)

14 - Radical Action III (Rome 2018)

45 min. 22 seconds
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Thanks
    Ian

Is there one album where I can get all the new material Crimson have been performing live? Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind?
    Thanks for posting this question, it cost me $35 because I decided to get the Orpheum and Toronto shows, so now I have all the official retail releases since the 7 headed beast started.

The eons are closing
    Thanks
    Personally + the Radical Action Suite (which I believe was a DGM d/l at one point) which includes Level 5, is better than this suggested separation IMO

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Personally + the Radical Action Suite (which I believe was a DGM d/l at one point) which includes Level 5, is better than this suggested separation IMO
    He's looking to compile all the new material. I don't know about a download, but Radical Action Suite is included on Tour Box 2019, and leads into Level 5 from the same show, but it's a separate track in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    ^Unfortunately no.

And the songs changed quite a bit over time. The earliest versions of “The Errors” are inferior to the latter given the prominence of Stacey’s Tippett-like piano.

I could probably come up with a good list if I were at home and on my computer, but the best bet is to download the individual tunes or scrap them together from the various live releases.
    You mean suitable grounds changed, right? Suitable got the improv piano intro and the guitar solo went away in lieu of another piano led section before Mel’s sax solo.

The errors really only got played in 2017 then seems to have gone away for whatever reason…good tune imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    He's looking to compile all the new material. I don't know about a download, but Radical Action Suite is included on Tour Box 2019, and leads into Level 5 from the same show, but it's a separate track in the box.
    There's a download of Radical Action II / Larks V (aka Level 5) from the last show available at

https://www.dgmlive.com/tour-dates/2548

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    You mean suitable grounds changed, right? Suitable got the improv piano intro and the guitar solo went away in lieu of another piano led section before Mel’s sax solo.

The errors really only got played in 2017 then seems to have gone away for whatever reason…good tune imo
    I did. Sometimes my brain doesn’t brain as well as it should.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I have everything official this lineup put out. Chicago and Meltdown are still my favorites.

I wonder if we will ever hear the Rome 2018 material that Bill was working on at one point before he got too sick to prioritize mixing live records.

Best bet looks like Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind download from DGMLive for $14 and then hunt around for Hoodoo, Separation, CatalytiKc #9, The Errors, Fairy dust of the Drumsons & Radical Action III.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    I have everything official this lineup put out. Chicago and Meltdown are still my favorites.

I wonder if we will ever hear the Rome 2018 material that Bill was working on at one point before he got too sick to prioritize mixing live records.
    Looks like on the deluxe documentary box that we’re getting bolero > dawn song > last skirmish > prince Rupert’s lament from Rome 2018! So at least some bit of it!

Imagine we’ll never get the full Rome 2018 if bill wasn’t able to finish work on it - which, it is what it is, maybe it wasn’t meant to be? All the love in the world to Bill, the way that guy fought illness and still wanted to dedicate himself to work is admirable.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The 2019 Tour Box Radical Suite + L5 tracks that I mentioned are from Rome 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    Imagine we’ll never get the full Rome 2018 if bill wasn’t able to finish work on it - which, it is what it is, maybe it wasn’t meant to be? All the love in the world to Bill, the way that guy fought illness and still wanted to dedicate himself to work is admirable.
    I really like what Bill brought to the table and his whole attitude toward music. The lineup was missing a certain something when he left, although they still did amazing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    The 2019 Tour Box Radical Suite + L5 tracks that I mentioned are from Rome 2018.
    Forgot about these and I have these on my iPhone! I’ll give the radical suite + level 5 from Rome tonight! So with this deluxe box of the doc, we’ll have just a little bit more from that set!

They did also release the radical suite minus level 5 from the Tring rehearsal thing as the last of that 50th anniversary tour download thing.

Best bet looks like Radical Action To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind download from DGMLive for $14 and then hunt around for Hoodoo, Separation, CatalytiKc #9, The Errors, Fairy dust of the Drumsons & Radical Action III.
    FWIW this is most of KC:

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    I really like what Bill brought to the table and his whole attitude toward music. The lineup was missing a certain something when he left, although they still did amazing stuff.
    The Band referred to this as The Billness of Bill - and was used when announcing Theo T would not go out on tour with them.