Thread: King Crimson News

  1. #1626
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I plan our reading our own John Kelman's forthcoming book on King Crimson!
    Thanks! I'm still working on it, with some health issues getting in the way, but I can see a light beginning to form at the end of the tunnel
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

  2. #1627
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    4,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Has anyone received the 2021 Elements box yet?
    Ordered from Amazon 8/7
    Arrived 9/22

  3. #1628
    Member Garyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Ordered from Amazon 8/7
    Arrived 9/22
    Yup. Mine arrived (Amazon) on the west coast USA 9/20….4 days early.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

    "It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

    I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

    (Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

    Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

  4. #1629
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,397
    The one I ordered from Bobby F came weeks ago; the one I ordered by mistake (!) from Amazon came two days ago.

    Looks like I need to sell one!!

  5. #1630
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Thanks! I'm still working on it, with some health issues getting in the way, but I can see a light beginning to form at the end of the tunnel
    I'm looking forward to reading your book about KC. Take as long as you need.

  6. #1631
    DGM is releasing the DC show (augmented with the Albany show) from the most recent tour.

    Very cool for me. This will be the second official (physical) release of a KC show I've been to (went to the Chicago 2017 show).

    Not going to lie: I got a little . . . *ahem ahem* at the DC show, so I don't remember it as well as some of the other shows I've been to. (I definitely remember leaving the show yelling about "last time" and "goodbye King Crimson.") Hopefully this audio document will jog some memories.

    Pre-order is up on DGM and Burning Shed. Hooray!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

  7. #1632
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    4,284
    They're offering a "bundle" of:
    • Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      and
    • Fripp's Music For Quiet Moments box

    ...for the combined price of:
    • the regular price of Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      plus
    • the regular price of the Music For Quiet Moments box.

    Not what you usually see as a "bundle", but whatever. Ordered.

  8. #1633
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    DGM is releasing the DC show (augmented with the Albany show) from the most recent tour.

    Very cool for me. This will be the second official (physical) release of a KC show I've been to (went to the Chicago 2017 show).

    Not going to lie: I got a little . . . *ahem ahem* at the DC show, so I don't remember it as well as some of the other shows I've been to. (I definitely remember leaving the show yelling about "last time" and "goodbye King Crimson.") Hopefully this audio document will jog some memories.

    Pre-order is up on DGM and Burning Shed. Hooray!
    Cool. I'll definitely be buying.
    My favorite fortune cookie read: "The only way to be successful on the internet is the keep the assholes preventing valuable discussion and eliminate the discussion itself."

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  9. #1634
    Jazzbo manqué Mister Triscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    They're offering a "bundle" of:
    • Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      and
    • Fripp's Music For Quiet Moments box

    ...for the combined price of:
    • the regular price of Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      plus
    • the regular price of the Music For Quiet Moments box.

    Not what you usually see as a "bundle", but whatever. Ordered.
    It's called a bundle because that's what it costs.

  10. #1635
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    DGM is releasing the DC show (augmented with the Albany show) from the most recent tour.

    Very cool for me. This will be the second official (physical) release of a KC show I've been to (went to the Chicago 2017 show).

    Pre-order is up on DGM and Burning Shed. Hooray!
    Thanks for the heads up - I was at the DC show as well with my 17 year old daughter! Too bad we didn't meet up; would've definitely bought you a brew.

  11. #1636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    They're offering a "bundle" of:
    • Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      and
    • Fripp's Music For Quiet Moments box

    ...for the combined price of:
    • the regular price of Music is Our Friend, Live in Washington, D.C. and Albany, 2021
      plus
    • the regular price of the Music For Quiet Moments box.

    Not what you usually see as a "bundle", but whatever. Ordered.
    I grabbed the weekly highlight (for me) of the 'Music for Quiet Moments' releases as we trundled through Lockdown, so this release has no value for me.
    But I look forward to the concert performances off the recent tour.
    I presume that's why the single-track releases dried-up, if they turned their attention to a larger release?

  12. #1637
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    4,284
    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/new-off...m-2021-us-tour
    "... they returned to the road again, with the Zappa Band appearing nightly before Crimson. 

Now facing gigs that had to be moved due to extreme weather, with one venue flooded a day before a concert, an open-air venue in New York transferred to the more familiar Beacon Theatre, and even a band member flown to hospital via helicopter..."

    What was that all about, I wonder?

  13. #1638
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/new-off...m-2021-us-tour
    "... they returned to the road again, with the Zappa Band appearing nightly before Crimson. 

Now facing gigs that had to be moved due to extreme weather, with one venue flooded a day before a concert, an open-air venue in New York transferred to the more familiar Beacon Theatre, and even a band member flown to hospital via helicopter..."

    What was that all about, I wonder?
    I'm also curious about which member of KC had to be "flown to the hospital via helicopter"! We'll find out when this latest Live release comes out.

  14. #1639
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    11,973
    What’s the release date for the new live album?
    The sweet smell of Afghanistan rewards a long day’s toil.

  15. #1640
    Member lazland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What’s the release date for the new live album?
    19 November. You can order it on Burning Shed now via DGM.

  16. #1641
    New interview with Mel Collins discusses Crimson, Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters & more:

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...KpKeH-stIT3bv4

  17. #1642
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    7,831
    Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    New interview with Mel Collins discusses Crimson, Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters & more:

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...KpKeH-stIT3bv4
    That's a really good read.
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  18. #1643
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    289
    what he said ^^^^

  19. #1644
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Grenoble, France
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks for the interview, a great read, and what a nice guy Mel is. I was lucky to exchange a few words with him during the last European tour in 2019, and he seemed humble almost to the point of shyness. Granted, it was after a show so he was probably tired. But warm and smiling. One can't help but be impressed meeting such a legend, having grown up with so many records he played on, not just KC.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

  20. #1645
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,857
    Quote Originally Posted by starless and bible black View Post
    New interview with Mel Collins discusses Crimson, Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, Roger Waters & more:

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...KpKeH-stIT3bv4
    Fuckin'-A, Rolling Stone. Stop with the stories about all these old proggers, would ya? Sheesh.

    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •