Thread: King Crimson News

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post

IRestroom queue was as expected also - a few minutes for the gents, none of the ladies.
    Going with my wife tonight so at least she has something to look forward to! 😀

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    A briefer set when touring with another act on the bill wouldn't be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by selfextraction View Post
    Going with my wife tonight so at least she has something to look forward to! ��
    My wife always love these shows. Her favorite was a Brand X show that had around 100-110 people and six were women (we both counted at one point). At the break she was in the restroom with two others and they represented half the female audience.

Looks like they're mixing up the setlist some. Gavin Harrison said in an interview:
    "We're probably going to work on about 36-37 songs. Although of course we won't play them all at every concert, we've got lots of songs that we may or may not play every night. Usually Robert Fripp sends us a setlist in the afternoon of the songs that he picked for that evening, but it's quite different from night to night."
    https://m.orlandoweekly.com/orlando/...t?oid=29670139

^Good to hear. Still hoping to hear something on haven’t heard yet from this incarnation.

(But of course I’ll be happy with whatever is played!)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm stoked for this
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

July 23, Delray Florida setlist-

Intro
    (Fripp's Music can change the world intro/announcement)
    Islands Coda
    Drumsons
    Pictures of a City
    Suitable Grounds for the Blues
    The Court of the Crimson King
    Neurotica
    Islands
    Radical Action II
    Level Five

Set 2
    Red
    Epitaph
    Indiscipline
    Starless

Encore:
    21st Century Schizoid Man
    (Included Gavin Harrison"s extended drum solo)

Francis Monkman wrote every one of those songs!

The eons are closing
    ^^ [emoji1]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

The eons are closing
    Also - 1st set [emoji106] :thumbsup

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

Watching the Radical Action Blu-ray today and absolutely understand Fripps choice in having Jakko in this lineup. He brings his "A" game on those songs. Not saying that Adrian wouldn't have been good, but just don't think he would have fit in this incarnation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post

July 24, St. Augustine Florida Setlist

ntro
    (Fripp's music can change the world intro/announcement)
    Islands Coda
    Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One
    Cirkus
    Red
    Islands
    One More Red Nightmare
    Indiscipline

Set Two
    Pictures of a City
    Level Five
    Radical Action II
    The Court of the Crimson King
    Starless

Encore:
    21st Century Schizoid Man
    (Included Gavin Harrison's extended drum solo)

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Watching the Radical Action Blu-ray today and absolutely understand Fripps choice in having Jakko in this lineup. He brings his "A" game on those songs. Not saying that Adrian wouldn't have been good, but just don't think he would have fit in this incarnation as well.
    The KC with Ade era was about doing something that Crimso had not done before. Pushing boundaries/new sounds. This is a nostalgia trip and Ade would not fit the old school KC thats being presented here. Just like Jakko fails on the Ade songs they attempt here. Jakko is best emulating Lake and Wetton.

Dont get me wrong either... I'll take this nostalgia trip any day. I love the prospect of seeing KC reenact their 70s persona on a grand scale like this
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    And the Beethoven symphonies too!

I think Jakko does Ade stuff cool. He changes it up and makes it his own

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I think Jakko does Ade stuff cool. He changes it up and makes it his own
    sure, probably as good as Ade would do Lake and Wetton

A thoroughly professional show as usual, tonight here in Atlanta at the beautiful Fox theater. The California Guitar Trio was very enjoyable, and their version of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" was was the highlight of the evening for me. Crimson's set list offered nothing new, unfortunately. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of those songs were played the last time they were in Atlanta. When I go to see groups like this it's to have a chance to hear some songs that I haven't heard before in a live context. When Yes decides to play the same old stuff, I stay home. There's been a few tours like that in the last 10 years. Upside though, I ran into a number of old friends that I hadn't seen in a year or more including my friend Mike, who I went to the show with, whom you all know as Rushfan here. So I would say the highlight for me was seeing old friends and watching the California Guitar Trio. Crimson "remained consistent". ITCOTCK wound up being my fave from their sets.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-28-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    A thoroughly professional show as usual, tonight here in Atlanta at the beautiful Fox theater. The California Guitar Trio was very enjoyable, and their version of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" was was the highlight of the evening for me. Crimson's set list offered nothing new, unfortunately. In fact, I'm pretty sure all of those songs were played the last time they were in Atlanta. When I go to see groups like this it's to have a chance to hear some songs that I haven't heard before in a live context. When Yes decides to play the same old stuff, I stay home. There's been a few tours like that in the last 10 years. Upside though, I ran into a number of old friends that I hadn't seen in a year or more including my friend Mike, who I went to the show with, whom you all know as Rushfan here. So I would say the highlight for me was seeing old friends and watching the California Guitar Trio. Crimson "remained consistent". ITCOTCK wound up being my fave from their sets.
    Did The Zappa Band play? I'm as excited to see them as King Crimson.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Did The Zappa Band play? I'm as excited to see them as King Crimson.
    They're not on the tour until the California dates, and then the second half of the tour beginning in late August.

PE Member since 7/14/2001 rushfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It was great to see you again Sean! This show did seem similar to the 2019 outing. Always a great performance from the band, personally I would have loved to see them do something like The Night Watch, Lament, or Great Deceiver but I knew that was not going to happen. The treat of the night for me was Echoes performed by California Guitar Trio. That was different for me!

Sean - good luck with the new job! Let me know when you get started in Suwanee…

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    sure, probably as good as Ade would do Lake and Wetton
    False equivalence. Jakko is willing to do Adrian's songs, and Ade had no interest in performing Lake and Wetton.

Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Belew did a good job with a Haskell-sung piece, and their voices are nothing alike. I think he could have done a nice job with the 70s repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Photos from the Tampa rehearsals are up on Tony's website.
    Been looking at Tony's pics of the audience and don't see no "Fripp's Ma Bitch" Tees!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I asked the merch lady if they had any and she said those are "online only".