Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2157

Thread: King Crimson News

^ Cheers. Now I have two more gigs to check out.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Thela Hun Ginjeet. Thela Hun Ginjeet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    This is a dangerous thread.
    This reminds me of when Discipline was new, and my friend Ed, who was nice and smart (in his way), but sounded sort of...slow...was trying to sing Thela Hun Ginjeet, but didn't yet know what the words really were, and was just singing "They ada Ginjee, They ada Ginjee." Just a funny memory...Ed! He grew great weed in his closet though!

Not too tangential I hope; good interview with Daryl Hall that discusses Sacred Songs a bit, and the impact it could've had on his career if his label and management hadn't buried it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m..._4ck90KXBfGcMo

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Not sure if this has been posted here yet but I just came across a lengthy interview with Toby Amies about the film:

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    More than pretty cool. Everybody should buy the full track!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxGC...5gvx2Q&index=2

For Crimson fans - video starts crappy but improves as it plays more. Guitar is so good that even Fripp posted it on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by kilianltia View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet but I just came across a lengthy interview with Toby Amies about the film:

I hadn't caught this interview and found it quite interesting; thanks much for posting.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I picked up the Road To Red box set this week. Very fondle worthy. The live shows I've listened to so far and excellent. Really happy with this purchase, about $150 USD, including shipping.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I picked up the Road To Red box set this week. Very fondle worthy. The live shows I've listened to so far and excellent. Really happy with this purchase, about $150 USD, including shipping.
    Nice, Greg! I got the Starless, and Sailor's Tales boxes last week along with the Meltdown set. I've been on a huge KC bender for a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by StarThrower View Post
    Nice, Greg! I got the Starless, and Sailor's Tales boxes last week along with the Meltdown set. I've been on a huge KC bender for a few weeks now.
    Cool!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The only KC box I have, and probably the only one I will get now that my main CD-listening time (driving to work) has vanished (as I work 100% from home now). I do think it's good. The improvs range from ferocious to mindblowing.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    The only KC box I have, and probably the only one I will get now that my main CD-listening time (driving to work) has vanished (as I work 100% from home now). I do think it's good. The improvs range from ferocious to mindblowing.
    Agreed. There is just a ton of amazing music in this set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Yeah all the box sets are great in their way but Starless and Road to Red were the ones that really blew my mind (and Starless was what convinced me to buy as many of those big KC boxes as I could afford). The improvs from this era are transcendent, but there are also so many little variations in dynamics and arrangement that the composed songs are endlessly fascinating too, especially the ones with more room for variation (the buildup in Easy Money opens the gates of hell every time, and always in a totally different way).

The eons are closing
    I always likened the 72-74 'songs' live as chicken wire compositions...

A basic framework that gets stuffed and stretched every night - sometimes bending here, sometime there - always recognizable yet different

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

TBH, if I had to choose two KC boxsets, Sailor's Tale and Road To Red would be them.

But I've got +/- all I need from those two eras.
    (since I also own the Epitath series from the McD/Lake/Giles era)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Benders are the best. And binges

After watching the Meltdown DVD I'm kicking myself for not going to see them last summer with the Zappa Band. But my wife and I will be seeing the Zappa guys next Sunday night at an intimate 400 seat venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    There's a 2020 Tour Box.
    That's 'cause there were plans to tour in '20 when they put the set together....
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    TBH, if I had to choose two KC boxsets, Sailor's Tale and Road To Red would be them.

But I've got +/- all I need from those two eras.
    (since I also own the Epitath series from the McD/Lake/Giles era)
    I would take Starless and Sailor's Tales, with The Road To Red in third. (For me the best improvs are released elsewhere and the sound quality isn't as good as on Starless).
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

And since it was brought up....does the 1969 box have all the stuff from the four Epitaph volumes on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    And since it was brought up....does the 1969 box have all the stuff from the four Epitaph volumes on it?
    Yes, with improved sound and more material in some cases, such as Chesterfield Jazz Club remastered from the original cassette with substantial missing music. Basically the box has all the available live and studio recordings by the band - with the exception of more from Fairfield Halls (where "Trees" was recorded) but as we know this is the worst recording from 1969.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Yes, with improved sound and more material in some cases, such as Chesterfield Jazz Club remastered from the original cassette with substantial missing music. Basically the box has all the available live and studio recordings by the band - with the exception of more from Fairfield Halls (where "Trees" was recorded) but as we know this is the worst recording from 1969.
    Excellent, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Here's a review of the 1969 box, with a detailed track & personnel listing at the end (or you can address it separately here).
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer