Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson News

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    So how is it?
    What the box set format does is make one engage with the material in a context. So, I'm on the first show, which is the only one I had before, but I'm more aware now that this is one of the first performances by this line-up.

Lots of random thoughts so far. Some of the improvs on disc 1 show a continuity with the early 1972 line-up. Some of the improvs are also not very good! We idolise this band, but they're still finding their way.

Some reviews have pointed to Jamie Muir as the revelation, but for me, it's Cross who stands out so far. It also occurs to me that while Bill Bruford very much saw himself as the apprentice, he was surely the most famous person in the band after Fripp: Close to the Edge has just gone top 5 on both sides of the Atlantic!

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I await the edited, condensed, only 50-disc, Steven Wilson treatment of Thrakattack.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Plumage View Post
    Yeah, where to find said group?
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum/group.php

Yes, let me in too...c'mon i studied with two of them!

You're in now. Thanks!
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmetrons View Post
    I await the edited, condensed, only 50-disc, Steven Wilson treatment of Thrakattack.
    Laugh all you want, but I would like that.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I like King Crimson because of the music they make without using too much flute or ocarina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sordel View Post
    Yes, the 5.1 is great, but so is the new stereo mix. The title track may just be my favourite track on any of the KC remasters so far.
    Yeah, I got the standard 40th Anniv version with the CD/DVD thing (I only bought Red previously and heard the debut bonus alt tracks

But the 40th LTIA is superb (well in terms of bionus...don't have a 5.1 system) ... I'll start a thread about it ASAIC.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Apparently any music based groups are going to go away as it takes traffic away from the main page so I guess all us Crimson fans should continue to post here
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I just got the Larks' Mothership in the mail!

Now, I have to wait until Christmas.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Apparently any music based groups are going to go away as it takes traffic away from the main page so I guess all us Crimson fans should continue to post here

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I just got the Larks' Mothership in the mail!

Now, I have to wait until Christmas.
    I just got mine today. Screw waiting, today is Christmas. I dove immediately into the The Session Reels.

And there is a nice new Fripp/Theo video in a nearby thread.

You guys can post in the group also as long as Sean allows groups to exist. He's made some idle threats but so far hasn't put his foot down. I don't see the problem with having groups that are of bands that most of us know. This leaves more room to talk about the lesser known and obscure groups in the main boards. I don't think it takes away anything. People can still post in the main boards. They can still post in the groups too(at least for now). The way I see it is having some groups that focus on the big six bands is a win win.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

let me in too, please!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Good decision. PE works because everything's together on the front page. The group system squirrels away discussion in hard-to-find nooks and crannies.

Henry

I've changed the group so that now you can just join without waiting. And no it isn't going anywhere at least not until it(and all the other music related groups)are closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Good decision. PE works because everything's together on the front page. The group system squirrels away discussion in hard-to-find nooks and crannies.

Henry

It's not a decision that has been made yet so please let's not jump the gun. And the funny thing is that you are in my YES group Henry so please don't be hypocritical here. If you feel that way you should leave these groups other wise what you say here doesn't mean much. In other words practice what you preach.

I know on the old PE I had seen complaints about too many Yes threads or too many threads by the well known bands. Well my groups can help to eliminate that and reduce the number of threads by these rather obvious bands. Trust me there will still be threads(and right now there are)by these bands. Maybe there can be some unofficial rule(or official)that if it's a band you have heard on the radio or has at least one gold selling album then you can start a group.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 11-09-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    It's not a decision that has been made yet so please let's not jump the gun. And the funny thing is that you are in my YES group Henry so please don't be hypocritical here. If you feel that way you should leave these groups other wise what you say here doesn't mean much. In other words practice what you preach.
    If these groups are going to be a feature of the new PE, I would like to be in some of them, but I'd rather they're not a feature of the new PE. I don't think that's hypocritical.

Henry

You might as well start winding them down. The decision has been made. I still feel they detract from what should be on the main board. If I need to go and delete them I will, but I'd rather you take care of it, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You might as well start winding them down. The decision has been made. I still feel they detract from what should be on the main board. If I need to go and delete them I will, but I'd rather you take care of it, Mike.
    Well, I'd rather you didn't delete them.

If I deleted them then that's like me saying I agree with your decision when I don't. All I ask is that you give me a heads up or maybe a pm before you do delete them.

But, I have to say that I hope that when you do delete these threads you delete all the music threads and not just the ones I started because there are others.

So what's new of King Crimson, is that 15CDs box set of LTiA...I recieved my CD/DVD edition today, listened to the CD, and I have mixed feelings on what I've heard, meaning the remix. I think the culminations, the loud bits in the first part of LTIA sound softer, smoother, as if a bit distanced. Some wild bass lines on Easy Money are also calmed down a bit. it seems that Wilson tried to limit the wide dynamic range of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory View Post
    So what's new of King Crimson, is that 15CDs box set of LTiA...I recieved my CD/DVD edition today, listened to the CD, and I have mixed feelings on what I've heard, meaning the remix. I think the culminations, the loud bits in the first part of LTIA sound softer, smoother, as if a bit distanced. Some wild bass lines on Easy Money are also calmed down a bit. it seems that Wilson tried to limit the wide dynamic range of the original.
    Actually, that may have been in the mastering, not the mixing, for which SW had no responsibility ...

I don't have any news but thought I'd drop in and say hello.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Hi
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."