Thread: King Crimson News

  1. #1651
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Tony Levin just posted KC is now in Japan for their mandatory Covid lockdown. First show isn't until 11/27.

    The whole band and support crew sitting in hotel rooms for a week! $$$$$$$ while generating No income.
    They or a subset of the band could do an improv session and sell recordings of it, like Reuter/Husband did when Stick Men were there in the first weeks of covid.

    edit: Ha! I posted before I saw JKL2000's similar idea.

  2. #1652
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    A Swedish Prog-Elk
    Posts
    238
    Crazy times!!!

  3. #1653
    There's an update on the King Crimson Documentary from the DGM Site-

    https://www.dgmlive.com/news/king-cr...mentary-update

  4. #1654
    Member Burley Wright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by lazland View Post
    I get exactly the same. Completely unreadable.
    What I do on my Chromebook is once the page loads I hit ctrl+a to select all, ctrl+c to copy, then I open a google doc, hit ctrl+a to select whatever I left in there last time, hit ctrl+v to paste the copied page and it's just text, nothing else.

    I use the same technique when I look at articles in the Chicago Sun Times for example so that I can capture the content before the screen pops up telling me I have to subscribe.

  5. #1655
    Parrots ripped my flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    4,376
    I have to use Burley's technique to read the otherwise great InnerViews site, where Anil uses dim grey text on a black background that's really hard on my eyes. Others have also complained, so it's not just me.

    My KC "Music is our Buddy" or whatever it's called has arrived, so I know what I'll be doing this evening.

  6. #1656
    Member Nashorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southwest of germany
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I have to use Burley's technique to read the otherwise great InnerViews site, where Anil uses dim grey text on a black background that's really hard on my eyes. Others have also complained, so it's not just me.
    In Firefox and Chrome you can use a special reader mode to display the text in a more conventional way. (In Chrome, you have to activate reader mode first, in order to be able to use it.) I don't know about other browsers, but it should be possible, too.
    One thing is for sure, the sheep is not a creature of the air.
    https://sproingg.bandcamp.com/

  7. #1657
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I have to use Burley's technique to read the otherwise great InnerViews site, where Anil uses dim grey text on a black background that's really hard on my eyes. Others have also complained, so it's not just me.

    My KC "Music is our Buddy" or whatever it's called has arrived, so I know what I'll be doing this evening.
    I can’t stand sites that use white text on a black background. The after image I get when I look away is annoying. And while I’m at it, get the hell off my lawn. And... this country’s going to hell in a hand basket, dammit!
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

  8. #1658
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    What I do on my Chromebook is once the page loads I hit ctrl+a to select all, ctrl+c to copy, then I open a google doc, hit ctrl+a to select whatever I left in there last time, hit ctrl+v to paste the copied page and it's just text, nothing else.

    I use the same technique when I look at articles in the Chicago Sun Times for example so that I can capture the content before the screen pops up telling me I have to subscribe.
    I’ve done that before for other sites for content I want to save locally. So embedded ads don’t end up in the doc? Nor big empty white squares for embedded videos?

    Not that I expect Rolling Stone to do one thing to minimize ad revenue, but UI minimalism has prompted some places to offer print-friendly versions, or otherwise clean, crisp, minimal, black text-white background versions of articles... I guess while I am making wishes, I might as well ask for a pony and that Big Wheel I never got.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

  9. #1659
    Member Gizmotron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    I can’t stand sites that use white text on a black background. The after image I get when I look away is annoying. And while I’m at it, get the hell off my lawn. And... this country’s going to hell in a hand basket, dammit!
    Agreed!
    But I would say “debilitating” instead of “annoying.” Seriously, the black (or other dark backgrounds) really screw up my vision.
    (And not just on-line, magazines—like Jazziz—do it all the time. Sure it looks great as long as one only looks at the photos, but I actually READ.)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •