Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2157

Thread: King Crimson News

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenticus View Post
    Toyahs (Fripps wife’s) music isn’t my cup of tea (to each his own) but apparently fripp is on every song on her new album:
    https://youtu.be/yF84u5PmloU
    What, no Fripp tu-tu footage?

The Critic - Issue 19 - July 2021
    Fripp Advisor.jpg

It's safe to say that we're crossing the Rubicon now.

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Why stop after the Rubicon? Not yet pixelated, contains multiple wardrobe (such as it is) malfunctions and...

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post
    Why stop after the Rubicon? Not yet pixelated, contains multiple wardrobe (such as it is) malfunctions and...

Oh my!
    Shades of Wendy O’Williams!

Did KC play Ottawa on July 10th or did they cancel? I was curious about the setlist.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Did KC play Ottawa on July 10th or did they cancel? I was curious about the setlist.
    They cancelled.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

RF is posting images and updates from the band's rehearsals currently taking place in Tampa Bay.

The tour starts next week. I have a ticket for the DC show in September.

Is everyone excited? I certainly am!

Any tunes y'all would like to see? I was listening to the Cape D'Adge show from '82 last night and found myself hoping that I might see the band perform "Waiting Man," one of my favorite KC tunes. (I was lucky enough to see the Double Trio play it in Nashville.)

"Formentera Lady" would be cool, too, though that seems like a long shot.

Perhaps "Separation" from Jakko's recent solo album? That already featured most of the current band.

Any others?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Fracture
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I still haven't purchased a ticket for Cleveland yet, but I may. I've seen the last 2 tours, and I expect this one to be a more or less repeat.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I still haven't purchased a ticket for Cleveland yet, but I may. I've seen the last 2 tours, and I expect this one to be a more or less repeat.
    As in brilliantly, stupendously wonderful?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I felt the same way when they were scheduled to tour before the pandemic. I wasn't sure if I was going to go after having gone to concerts on their recent tours. But now after not seeing any concerts since before the pandemic, I definitely want to go and am going, and with it being in an outdoor venue in early September that just makes it more so.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    As in brilliantly, stupendously wonderful?
    Very enjoyable, for sure, but a "been there, done that" element at play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    I felt the same way when they were scheduled to tour before the pandemic. I wasn't sure if I was going to go after having gone to concerts on their recent tours. But now after not seeing any concerts since before the pandemic, I definitely want to go and am going, and with it being in an outdoor venue in early September that just makes it more so.
    For me, it's having just got back from an expensive Jimmy Buffett concert involving a 2 night motel stay, around 5 or 6 other concerts already purchased or planned, including a mid-August trek to Chicago for a D97 show. That'll involve a motel also. The outdoor venue is an attraction, and could tip the needle in favor. I'll need to decide soon. Then there's the possibility of CTTE. Decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGoon View Post

You're going to need some bigger pixels...

Yeah, I'm guessing they'll err on the side of not over-taxing everyone with brand new brain burners after such a long layoff. I'm guessing they'll dust off the most recent setlist and do what they can with it. But then again, who knows?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I just checked available tickets for the Nautica gig, and all I can say is "Fuck Dynamic Pricing." All well out of range for a show I'm on the fence about anyway. I'll check back just before show date to see if any tickets get released at a lower cost, but It's likely I'm going to be sitting this one out. Hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Some may already have seen this via a number of social media posts...

In news related to the first leg of this tour, the CGT will not be 'complete' for their dates with Crimson. Hideyo Moriya is unable to join the tour (he's in Japan and I'm presuming that the issue is pandemic/visa related) and will be replaced by Chapman stick player Tom Griesgraber. Tom is a great player, has toured and performed with the CGT in the past, and has done a lot of work with Bert Lams in particular. While I will definitely miss seeing Hideyo at the shows I'm attending, I think replacing him with Tom for these dates was a great idea and should make for some really fun performances before KC takes the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Fracture
    Rather hoping that for the last show of the tour, perhaps the last tour of North America, the band trot this out. I will be at that show. (If I recall, they were playing it early in the last N. America tour; by the time they got to the show I saw in ATL, it had been removed from the setlist.)
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I scored what must have been one of the last available VIP packages for the Ravinia show from DGM this morning. It's expensive, but the chance to see both KC and Mike Keneally with the Zappa band from close up was just too bucket-list-ish for me to not pull the trigger. I'm going through a weird patch right now, health-wise, but unless I'm actually in the hospital (or worse) I'll be there with a mile-wide grin on my face.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Photos from the Tampa rehearsals are up on Tony's website.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    RF is posting images and updates from the band's rehearsals currently taking place in Tampa Bay.

The tour starts next week. I have a ticket for the DC show in September.

Is everyone excited? I certainly am!

Any tunes y'all would like to see? I was listening to the Cape D'Adge show from '82 last night and found myself hoping that I might see the band perform "Waiting Man," one of my favorite KC tunes. (I was lucky enough to see the Double Trio play it in Nashville.)

"Formentera Lady" would be cool, too, though that seems like a long shot.

Perhaps "Separation" from Jakko's recent solo album? That already featured most of the current band.

Any others?
    I would love for them to do the whole Larks' Tongues suite in full, but I know that's a pretty big pipe dream. I"ve seen them three times with this basic lineup, and the tunes I haven't seen played live (and I want to) would be The Sheltering Sky, Sailors Tale, and the redone version of the Radical Action I.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I hope they play all of Fatal Portrait, Them, Abigail, and Conspiracy.

Oh rats....wrong band. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I would love for them to do the whole Larks' Tongues suite in full, but I know that's a pretty big pipe dream.
    Performing the list of pieces from the 2nd disc of the 2017 Elements box would be great.