Thread: King Crimson News

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Looks like His Bobness is winning the War of the Fripps
    much better than the black spandex tights
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    They advance masked.
    I can tell that this Senior citizen couple is having lots of fun killing time during the isolation (they can afford it). And in a healthy way

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Hey, looky there. It's the 2020 Tourbox.

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcr...ments-2020_2cd

A 2019 version of "Sheltering Sky" and 2017 version of "Exiles" are the highlights for me.

Shouldn't the 2020 tour box be just blank cds?

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    They're screen captures.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    No, 1 track of silence per cd where every member of the band is credited for choosing not to play a note in view of the isolation and separation around us (see also Trio).

More evidence that Alex ‘Stormy’ Mundy is a genius. You'll want to read the description in addition to listening.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Hey, looky there. It's the 2020 Tourbox.

https://burningshed.com/store/kingcr...ments-2020_2cd

A 2019 version of "Sheltering Sky" and 2017 version of "Exiles" are the highlights for me.
    Oh, that does make it tempting.

Has there been any information on a live release from the most recent tour? I would feel odd if they just stopped now as every tour has been documented in some way thus far.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Besides the 2018 disc on the Audio Diary and as bonus material on Meltdown, their documentation of their tours ends with the 2017 stuff (Chicago and Meltdown, which are both fantastic).

There was a planned release Live in Rome from their 2018 shows, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Some previews were on the 2019 Tour Box. (The Radical Action Suite and Level Five). I suspect Bill Rieflin's illness and death have a lot to do with the delay/cancellation. He was the producer on Meltdown.

I'd get a Live in Rome and Radical Action type set of the 50th anniversary shows in a heartbeat.

^For what it's worth, I've got a bunch of songs from the Europe 2019 tour on my hard drive. DGM released the tunes individually during the tour. Not sure if they're still available, but a few changes--new lyrics for "Easy Money," coda on "Court," the RAII-->"Larks V" arrangement, Fripp (or at least guitar) solo in "Moonchild"--make those tracks worth . . . ah, tracking down.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

^For what it's worth, I've got a bunch of songs from the Europe 2019 tour on my hard drive. DGM released the tunes individually during the tour. Not sure if they're still available, but a few changes--new lyrics for "Easy Money," coda on "Court," the RAII-->"Larks V" arrangement, Fripp (or at least guitar) solo in "Moonchild"--make those tracks worth . . . ah, tracking down.
    Yeah, I have these as well, but they are fairly informal...I was looking for something more official. And with the new tracks they played on the more recent tours (which they never seem to offer as the free download from a show).

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    Besides the 2018 disc on the Audio Diary and as bonus material on Meltdown, their documentation of their tours ends with the 2017 stuff (Chicago and Meltdown, which are both fantastic).

There was a planned release Live in Rome from their 2018 shows, but I haven't heard anything about it in a while. Some previews were on the 2019 Tour Box. (The Radical Action Suite and Level Five). I suspect Bill Rieflin's illness and death have a lot to do with the delay/cancellation. He was the producer on Meltdown.

I'd get a Live in Rome and Radical Action type set of the 50th anniversary shows in a heartbeat.
    Thanks. And I second your final sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    More evidence that Alex ‘Stormy’ Mundy is a genius. You'll want to read the description in addition to listening.
    great work by Stormy
    goes to show that with professional equipment and an experienced operator, one could even make Soft Machine - Third sound good!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    great work by Stormy
    goes to show that with professional equipment and an experienced operator, one could even make Soft Machine - Third sound good!
    Impossible!
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.