Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: King Crimson News

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Hello Sid

If you don't have any news then I guess nothing is happening
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Hey Sid, is there any news on the second edition of your book?
    Last edited by notallwhowander; 11-13-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Still waiting for my copy of LTIA CD/DVD-A from DGM...

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Hey Sid, is there any news on the second edition of your book?
    It's on my Christmas list, i just don't know which Christmas
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    We don't use post counts here. For PE it's about quality not quantity so we are not going to count them. Counting often inspires people to post more to bolster their rank. We plan to skip that.
    Well having read the three pages of this thread, this one misses the mark by a wide margin

Not that my post will raise the average level of this thread

Anyway, I'll see if I can compare the 30th remaster and 40th remix tonight
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    Still waiting for my copy of LTIA CD/DVD-A from DGM...
    Yep, me too! Apparently mine is not even in the mail yet. Only good thing is that DGM is quite prompt about replying to my queries - bad news is that they have yet to reply with good news.

Just received my LTIA mega box last night. Started with the 2012 remix. Very interesting and revealing. I am hearing things I didn't hear in the 30th Anniv remaster. The journey begins!

Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Yep, me too! Apparently mine is not even in the mail yet. Only good thing is that DGM is quite prompt about replying to my queries - bad news is that they have yet to reply with good news.
    They were quite prompt responding to my inquiry on the status of my order (LTIA CD/DVD-A) about three weeks ago when some folks started reporting they received their box sets and CD/DVD-A sets from Burning Shed. At that time they told me that the sets were manufactured separately in each territory and they received the parts later in the US. They also said that the sets typically took much longer to manufacture in the US than in Europe and the sets were going to be shipped by the end of the last week in October. Its been two weeks since the end of October and according to their site my order still has not been shipped. I asked them on the status of my order last Friday and still have not received a response. I does not make any sense that Burning Shed has been shipping their LTIA box sets and CD/DVD-A sets for at least three weeks and DGM has not even shipped the CD/DVD-A sets. I don't think I will be placing any more orders from DGM.

If it weren't for the KCCCs, I'd never order from DGM.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The US release date for the CD/DVD-A set has been pushed back twice from the original date of Oct. 30, first to Nov. 13, then to Nov. 27. Given that this has happened regularly for these releases I suppose the question is why can't a realistic release date be set in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    They were quite prompt responding to my inquiry on the status of my order (LTIA CD/DVD-A) about three weeks ago when some folks started reporting they received their box sets and CD/DVD-A sets from Burning Shed. At that time they told me that the sets were manufactured separately in each territory and they received the parts later in the US. They also said that the sets typically took much longer to manufacture in the US than in Europe and the sets were going to be shipped by the end of the last week in October. Its been two weeks since the end of October and according to their site my order still has not been shipped. I asked them on the status of my order last Friday and still have not received a response. I does not make any sense that Burning Shed has been shipping their LTIA box sets and CD/DVD-A sets for at least three weeks and DGM has not even shipped the CD/DVD-A sets. I don't think I will be placing any more orders from DGM.
    "Will ship very early next week, at the latest."

That was the response I got last week. I still have yet to see it. This is the second time this year DGM has done this (the other being the Argentina DVDs). You would think that DGM would have the common courtesy to update purchasers on the order status instead of having customers have to pester them. I prefer ordering directly from the artist when possible, but from now on its Best Buy or Burning Shed for KC related releases.

Quote Originally Posted by scorched earth View Post
    The US release date for the CD/DVD-A set has been pushed back twice from the original date of Oct. 30, first to Nov. 13, then to Nov. 27. Given that this has happened regularly for these releases I suppose the question is why can't a realistic release date be set in the first place.
    I remember seeing the release date for the CD/DVD-A as early as of the 23rd of October, although someone on the LTIA thread on the old PE pointed out that the original release date was the previous week. Not the best way to conduct business.

Quote Originally Posted by tormato View Post
    "Will ship very early next week, at the latest."
    I received a similar email after inquiring about my order or the new Travis/Fripp and the new KCCC release, an order I placed on 10.12.

What the hell is up with these guys?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Still on the fence about spending $100+ on the Mothership Box or $20 for the 2-disc. Anyone wanna inform me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Still on the fence about spending $100+ on the Mothership Box or $20 for the 2-disc. Anyone wanna inform me?
    I bought the box, which for me, being a faithful customer of the KCCC and DGMLive, meant buying a lot of live stuff all over again. Plus I don't own a 5.1 set-up. So the meat of the box for me is the stereo remix, and the "Keep That One, Nick" CD of studio sessions, which as John Kelman has said multiple times, is probably worth buying the box for. The CD of alternate mixes I didn't enjoy quite so much. It's mostly mixes of the familiar versions that lose one or two instruments, with the exception of nice alt takes of "Book Of Saturday" and "Easy Money". This you get with the 2-disc version, as you do the Beat Club footage. This makes the 2-disc version a must-buy if you can't or won't afford the box.

Thanks Calyx.

For those of you wondering when a Live release from the last tour will be available the answer is ........ January!!

http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?entry=4951

Ian

Kick ass!

40 min. Mini-album? Van Halen's records with Roth were all under 40 min.

It's a hummer!
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    40 min. Mini-album? Van Halen's records with Roth were all under 40 min.
    Hell, Red was only 40 minutes. I wonder why Fripp is saddling this with the "mini-album" tag, which makes it sound like it somehow doesn't count as an album. And I also wonder why it is only 40 minutes with all the great and unique stuff in the set list they had to choose from. Was there really only that much that Fripp was satisfied with? No matter, I'll buy this in a heartbeat--and try to think of it as a "real" album, no matter what Fripp says!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Hell, Red was only 40 minutes. I wonder why Fripp is saddling this with the "mini-album" tag, which makes it sound like it somehow doesn't count as an album. And I also wonder why it is only 40 minutes with all the great and unique stuff in the set list they had to choose from. Was there really only that much that Fripp was satisfied with? No matter, I'll buy this in a heartbeat--and try to think of it as a "real" album, no matter what Fripp says!
    I didn't exhaustively review their discography, but it looks like the last 2 releases under 50 minutes (Happy with What You Have to Be Happy With and Vroom) were also referred to as mini-albums or EPs.

Huzzah!
    or
    Hummer!

So now we cant be happy with an album at 40 mins? When I think about the latest Mats/Morgan Band album being 41 mins I get a bit sad... and yet - there is so much happening that it feels... like and hour and half. Which - is GREAT! I'll listen to whatever shows up. I'm sure there is plenty to be heard later down the road. Toe in the pool. :P

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Woo-hoo! Thanks, Ian.

And don't miss the photo of a gloating John Kelman further down the page!