Thread: RITUAL's new album in 2013?

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar

RITUAL's new album in 2013?

http://www.sarfcrimson.se/node/107

Ritual arbetar för närvarande med sin femte studioproduktion, planerad att släppas i slutet av 2013!!!

"Ritual 20 th anniversary!

Ritual was formed in Stockholm in 1993 by Patrik Lundström (vocals, guitar), Fredrik Lindqvist (bass, bouzouki, etc.), Johan Nordgren (drums, nyckelharpa) and Jon Gamble (keyboards). Members have their musical roots in '70s hard rock and British Heavy Metal but harbored a desire to look towards a more progressive and adventurous music."

*SNIP* blahblah..*SNIP

"Rituals latest release, The Hemulic Voluntary Band (2007), is the group's most successful and while perhaps their most progressive. Ritual is currently working on his fifth studio production, scheduled for release in late 2013. But before the band will celebrate his 20 years with a number of summer gigs in Finland, including on Slottskogen Goes Progressive (Gothenburg) and Uppsala Progressive Rock Festival!"
    Mother, THEY've been gone for much too long!!
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

Quite agree!

I loved their last album, particularly the 26 minute epic, A Dangerous journey. Despite some influences, it still sounded very fresh to me.

And the artwork was excellent too!

First time I saw them live was together with Anekdoten. Great concert. And now both bands are recording again! Both bands released they're last studio album in 2007 and it would be awesome to see them both live again soon!!
    Oh, and if anyone's interested: Paatos are recording again as well
    HuGo

Quote Originally Posted by snowsnow View Post
    I loved their last album, particularly the 26 minute epic, A Dangerous journey.
    I thought it was good, but liked the earlier stuff better. But a new Ritual album is definitely good news!

Now if we could only find a way to get them to the west coast...

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'm a huge fan of the first one and HVB, both having an earthy folk vibe to them. Their attempts at a more neo-prog sound (Superb Birth, Think Like A Mountain) get fewer spins. Here's hoping the new one is in the same vein as their first and last album.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Awesome! My only exposure to their less-folky material is from their live album, but I like the tunes there, so actually maybe I should pick those two albums up. I had trouble finding them before...
    Prog Rocket – An Exploration of Progressive Rock Music

Wasn't much of a fan till I saw them at Rosfest. Now I eagerly anticipate the follow-up to HVB. That was one KILLER album!

Yes, both the HVB album and the ROSFest performance were fantastic. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Yes, both the HVB album and the ROSFest performance were fantastic. Looking forward to see what they come up with next.
    All I know is this, from a mail I got last year July:
    ......and YES, eventually there will be a new Ritual album out - and a very special one...
    HuGo