Thread: Similar Album Covers and Titles: List Them Here.

WeatherWiseCDC

Similar Album Covers and Titles: List Them Here.

With the amount of music that has been recorded since recording became possible, there have been many, many albums released. Undoubtedly, while many albums try to be unique, there are those that wish to pay homage to others, and even those that are just similar by sheer coincidence. Have you ever encountered any such similar album titles or similar album covers? List them here!

Recently, I discovered that Saga's 2012 album, 20/20 has a similar title to Justin Timberlake's new 2013 album, The 20/20 Experience. That's not the only similarity, though: their covers are very, very similar. I suppose this is the nature of having perfect eyesight as the theme of the cover, but it's still a surprising similarity.

Saga, 20/20 (2012)

Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience (2013)

Let's see:

1. Deep Purple had Made In Japan, while Iron Maiden had Maiden Japan (ok, it's an EP, but it's still a similar title)
    2. Both Miles Davis and Black Sabbath had live albums called Live/Evil
    3. Public Enemy had Fear Of A Black Planet, some band called Porcupine Tree had a record called Fear Of A Blank Planet
    4. Cunning Stunts has been used as a title no less than three times: first by Caravan, than in the early 90's by a band called The Cows, and Metallica used it as a title of one of their concert videos.
    5. Boston had Don't Look Back, also the title of a documentary about Bob Dylan
    6. Cheap Trick had At Budokan, Michael Schenker Group had One Night At Budokan
    7. Motorhead two live albums, one was called No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith, the other was called No Sleep At All
    8. Peter Frampton had Frampton Comes Alive, Phish had Hampton Comes Alive
    9. Chicago and Soft Machine both had a penchant for merely numbering their albums, rather than giving them proper titles.
    10. Yes had The Yes Album, Abba had The Album
    11. Yes had Fragile, Bachman-Turner Overdrive had Not Fragile

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherWiseCDC View Post
    With the amount of music that has been recorded since recording became possible, there have been many, many albums released. Undoubtedly, while many albums try to be unique, there are those that wish to pay homage to others, and even those that are just similar by sheer coincidence. Have you ever encountered any such similar album titles or similar album covers? List them here!

Recently, I discovered that Saga's 2012 album, 20/20 has a similar title to Justin Timberlake's new 2013 album, The 20/20 Experience. That's not the only similarity, though: their covers are very, very similar. I suppose this is the nature of having perfect eyesight as the theme of the cover, but it's still a surprising similarity.

Saga, 20/20 (2012)

Justin Timberlake, The 20/20 Experience (2013)

PaulCusickFP.jpg
    I live in an ephemeral eternity