Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording Guitar

Thanks for the suggestions. There are just too many variables (plectrum, tone knob, amp settings, compression, EQ, etc.). I guess it's back to trial and error...

One simple thing you can try depending on your pick's shape is to turn it around and use one of the larger radiused corners instead. Any chance you could post a sound snippet showing what you're writing about?

Stan

I think I have it figured out for the most part. It seems to have a lot to do with the amp or plug-in that I'm using along with the tone knob on my guitar. I'm somewhat "picky" about noise in my recordings. I hear recordings from the 70's, like The Rolling Stones, and wonder how they achieved such a clean and noiseless recording. Another factor is that you hear a lot more with modern recording equipment.
    Wild Vines Music

Still trying to identify this music (updated link):
    Unknown Track

The felt pick was originally intended to let pick-playing bassists sound like they were playing with their fingers.

Or at least I think that's what it was for.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhael View Post
    The felt pick was originally intended to let pick-playing bassists sound like they were playing with their fingers.

Or at least I think that's what it was for.
    That's certainly the effect it produces.