Thread: Dusted Off: Pallas, The Blinding Darkness (Live)

Dusted Off: Pallas, The Blinding Darkness (Live)

Hadn't listened to this in a while so a rainy Sunday afternoon seemed the perfect opportunity to revisit this album. I don't know if it's the mood I'm in but this clicks for me on so many levels right now. I know that many Prog fans denigrate the Neo-Prog subgenre but this particular double CD of material has exactly the right quantity of both the melodic and the epic. The performances here are fantatic with the songs played rather perfectly but with just the right amount more energy to give them that extra added "oomph". The Sentinel done live is really quite amazing and I think it exceeds the studio version in aural punch.

Just a darn good record of the kind of Prog that hits the spot sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Hadn't listened to this in a while so a rainy Sunday afternoon seemed the perfect opportunity to revisit this album. I don't know if it's the mood I'm in but this clicks for me on so many levels right now. I know that many Prog fans denigrate the Neo-Prog subgenre but this particular double CD of material has exactly the right quantity of both the melodic and the epic. The performances here are fantatic with the songs played rather perfectly but with just the right amount more energy to give them that extra added "oomph". The Sentinel done live is really quite amazing and I think it exceeds the studio version in aural punch.

Just a darn good record of the kind of Prog that hits the spot sometimes.
    I agree completely. Usually, I don't like live albums, but this one does it.