Thread: Dutch Woodstock Featuring Pink Floyd

Dutch Woodstock Featuring Pink Floyd

For Immediate Release

Legendary 'Dutch Woodstock' Featuring Pink Floyd, Santana, T-Rex, The Byrds, Soft Machine, Jefferson Airplane and Others Now Available on Double CD/DVD Set

Featuring performances by Pink Floyd, Santana, T.Rex, The Byrds, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Soft Machine, It's A Beautiful Day, Family, Country Joe, Dr. John & the Night Trippers, Flock and Al Stewart

London, UK - One of the most historic concert events of the early '70s, the Dutch Woodstock, also called the 'Holland Pop Festival', has now been released on a double CD/DVD set by UK's Gonzo MultiMedia. Featuring rare and exciting performances by Pink Floyd, Santana, T.Rex, The Byrds, Canned Heat, Jefferson Airplane, Soft Machine, It's A Beautiful Day, Family, Country Joe, Dr. John & The Night Trippers, Flock and Al Stewart, makes this extraordinary release a must for fans of music everywhere! The three-day festival was held in August 1970 at the Kralingse Bos (Kralingse Forest) in Rotterdam, and despite the rain, an estimated 100,000 people attended the astounding event!

Featuring...

Pink Floyd - Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun, A Saucerful Of Secrets
    Santana – Gumbo, Savor, Jingo
    The Byrds - Old Blue
    Canned Heat - Human Condition, So Sad
    T-Rex - Pavillions Of Sun
    Jefferson Airplane - Saturday Afternoon, White Rabbit, Ballad Of You & Me & Pooneil plus interviews with Paul Kanter & Grace Slick
    Soft Machine - Esther's Nose Job
    It’s A Beautiful Day - Wasted Union Blues, Open Up Your Hearts
    Family - Drowned In Wine
    Country Joe - Freedom Is A Constant
    Dr. John & The Night Trippers - Mardi Gras Day
    Flock - Big Bird
    Al Stewart - Zero She Flies

The Dutch Woodstock double CD/DVD set will be released by GONZO MultiMedia UK on March 22, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/Dutch-Woodstoc...utch+woodstock

There you go.

Disc 2 features:
    "8. Soft Machine - Esther's Nose Job , 9. Pink Floyd - Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun , 10. Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets."

I'd wish for more from those two. The rest of the set is pretty much a pass for me. Thanks for the heads up, though!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Out of stock on Amazon in any case. I'll wait for some reviews and for the price to drop, if it does.

I like Flock from the fest,but not much else.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Was the event really called "Dutch Woodstock" or was it 'Holland Pop Festival'?

I have a double-CD bootleg of this (forget what it's called; Stamping Ground, that's it), that is, if it's the same festival; the bands mentioned are all on it. It also features some Dutch bands such as Cuby and the Blizzards. The quality is quite good, though I'll certainly look for the legit issue.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

very cool...
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Banned
    I've had this for for 25 years...

any news on this??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The film is in the theatres again, because it's 50 years ago since the festival was happening. There were some documentaries on TV with interviews with some of the organisers and Robert Jan Stips from Supersister (who were not in the movie). Saw it yesterday in a theatre.
    https://greatestmovies.miraheze.org/..._Ground_(1971)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Was the event really called "Dutch Woodstock" or was it 'Holland Pop Festival'?
    Dutch Woodstock is a journalistic invention IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    The film is in the theatres again, because it's 50 years ago since the festival was happening. There were some documentaries on TV with interviews with some of the organisers and Robert Jan Stips from Supersister (who were not in the movie). Saw it yesterday in a theatre.
    https://greatestmovies.miraheze.org/..._Ground_(1971)
    I actually saw the film in July at my local art film house.

Short (less than 90'), but quite enjoyable
    Some bands featured twice, when most of the others on the bill weren't featured at all
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.