Thread: LITTLE ATLAS Release "Automatic Day" on 10T Records

Jefferson James

LITTLE ATLAS Release "Automatic Day" on 10T Records

I'm taking the liberty of re-posting this here, hopefully this is OK by the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 10T Records View Post
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

May 14 2013

LITTLE ATLAS Release Automatic Day on 10T Records

Attachment 1703

CHARLESTON, South Carolina - May 14, 2013 (10T Records) - Little Atlas returns from a 5-year absence with their brand new, full-length CD release, Automatic Day. Featuring 10 tracks, Automatic Day will be released by 10T Records on June 3, 2013, with an official brick and mortar retail street date of July 18.

Automatic Day is easily the band's most mature and significant work to date. All of the signature elements of the Little Atlas sound are firmly in place, yet tempered with a darker, more cinematic foundation, stronger production, and an overall more aggressive approach that takes their already unique sound into adventurous and uncharted new territory.

The songs on Automatic Day soar with a dynamic display of emotion, introspective lyrical insight, and soaring melodic hooks. From ethereal soundscapes to unexpected angular twists, from pastoral calm to caustic bursts of heavy dissonance, this is a new and evolved Little Atlas that is both unclassifiable and undeniable. 3-time Grammy Award-winner Joe Palmaccio mastered the final mixes of Automatic Day.

"We are truly fortunate to be able to continue to create music together, ten years after our first release," says lead vocalist and keyboardist Steve Katsikas. "I don't believe the band has ever played with such confidence, such cohesion, and with such focus. We created exactly the album we wanted to create."

"This album represents tremendous growth," echoes Little Atlas guitarist Roy Strattman. "It's as if the chemistry of the band has become much stronger during our five-year stretch between albums. Automatic Day is somehow more than the sum of its parts - the product of a group effort that transcends each individual's contributions. It is also our best sounding album: warm, detailed, and sonically thick."

Automatic Day by Little Atlas is available for immediate pre-sale through the 10T Records website. All orders received between now and the direct release sale date of June 3 will ship by no later than the end of the week prior to the release. Additionally, all tracks from Automatic Day are now available to preview in their entirety on the Little Atlas artist page at 10T Records.

After July 18, Automatic Day will be available through your favorite retail outlet for immediate purchase.

Additionally, Little Atlas be participating in an online CD release party on Saturday, May 18 with DJ Tony Romero on his prog radio show on Aiiradio.net. The band will be on the air as well as in the chat room. There will be a surprise giveaway for those in the chat room.

1 PM Eastern Time (USA)
    10 AM Pacific Time (USA)
    6 PM UK
    7 PM CET

http://www.aiiradio.net/
    http://chat.aiiradio.net/

For further information:
    Steve Carroll
    10T Records
    www.10trecords.com
    10 Tornado Entertainment
    www.10tornado.com

# # #

Well, that's interesting... I just ordered the lossless download from 10T and was able to download it immediately (even though it says the release date is June 3).

I picked it up at RoSfest. Listened today.
    Nice disk. The PR description fits the music.
    A little scattered about ( on first hearing ), quiet, loud, crunchy, softer...
    I am sure it will be in rotation for a while.

mark
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I also got it @ Rosfest. IMO a giant leap forward for a band that was already damn good!

Would love to see them get invited to Progday.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Well, that's interesting... I just ordered the lossless download from 10T and was able to download it immediately (even though it says the release date is June 3).
    We decided not to hold out on the goodness of this release and, with the band's permission, made the downloads available immediately. We're also shipping physical product immediately as well. The July 18 date is a "hard" brick and mortar and mainstream reseller date.

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

It's a fantastic album. i heard it at the demo stages, I saw it develop and the finished product kicks ass and takes names. Great to see the band back, geography be damned! Now, to get them gigging...

We decided not to hold out on the goodness of this release and, with the band's permission, made the downloads available immediately. We're also shipping physical product immediately as well. The July 18 date is a "hard" brick and mortar and mainstream reseller date.
    Well, thank you for that!

Steve and I traded our latest releases at ROSfest and I think it's excellent. I'm really impressed with the sound of the album. I wish we could play some gigs together somehow! 3RDegree/Little Atlas FUN FACT: We are both on the same label and have one member of the band far afield from the others.

Okay, we've been selling this thing like crazy since Tuesday, especially the downloads. So, now that a lot of you have this new disc, how about some opinions... I personally feel this is by far the best Little Atlas has ever put out, but my opinion is instantly suspect since I represent the label.

So, what are your thoughts?

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Okay, we've been selling this thing like crazy since Tuesday, especially the downloads. So, now that a lot of you have this new disc, how about some opinions... I personally feel this is by far the best Little Atlas has ever put out, but my opinion is instantly suspect since I represent the label.

So, what are your thoughts?

Steve
    www.10trecords.com
    As I posted above, a giant leap forward for a band that was already damn good!

The darkness & edginess fits the other Steve K. like a glove.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Here's the video to the title track, "Automatic Day."

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    It's on Progstreaming right now. And I agree with some of the above: their absolute best album to date. I quite liked their previous three too, but this is the real thing.

To all those who only want the best of the best...

Direct from Steve Katsikas to you via 10T Records:

Little Atlas is proud to offer a High Resolution Audio (HD) version of "Automatic Day" through digital download. Each track was mastered by Grammy Award winning engineer Joe Palmaccio to be a 24/48 version of each song. All tracking was also done at 24/48 as well, so listeners will have the ultimate version of the album. This is not an upsampled version of the 16-bit album, but a specially-mastered version made exclusively available through 10T Records.

http://10trecords.com/store/little-atlas-automatic-day/

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

A new direction for this band. Don't expect the same Little Atlas.

I really don't know this band but based on all the good things people are saying about them I decided to check out their new album, I went the conservative route and bought the MP3 from 10T and have to say that I really like it.

What else would people recommend from them?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I really don't know this band but based on all the good things people are saying about them I decided to check out their new album, I went the conservative route and bought the MP3 from 10T and have to say that I really like it.

What else would people recommend from them?
    Hollow, followed by Surface Serene & Wanderlust. All superb!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Hollow, followed by Surface Serene & Wanderlust. All superb!

Cool, thank you.

I've been listening to this one for several days now, and I must say it is a fine, fine album, and my favorite Little Atlas album. I highly recommend it. Gorgeous melodies, interesting arrangements, and superb sound quality and mix. Well done Steve and company, and 10T!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Keyboardist and all-around-good-guy Steve Katsikas was kind enough to sit in for an interview recently and provided lots of great background on the new album. You can grab the interview at your leisure here: http://www.epicprog.net/multimedia.htm.
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

Glad you're still alive, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Glad you're still alive, Mike!
    You and me both, pal. I don't get here nearly as often as I should anymore, but it makes my nickname more appropriate.
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

Finally getting around to this one on Progstreaming. Great album!

yea! Great stuff!

I decided I'd bump this thread with another video from "Automatic Day"

Enjoy!

Steve
    www.10trecords.com

Jon Neudorf
    Excellent album. Just finishing up my review.

Regards,
    Jon