Thread: The Good, The Bad, and the Fish?

The Good, The Bad, and the Fish?

I recently saw The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the first time, and Eli Wallach (the guy who played Tuco - "The Ugly") reminded me of Fish. Something about their facial features. The likeness is even more noticeable on an older Wallach with less hair. Of course, the man is close to 100 years old now so the comparison doesn't really hold at their current ages. But I definitely see it with the Wallach of the late '60s and Fish of 10 or so years ago. Does anyone else see this, or am I crazy? Incidentally, the movie was amazing.

eli-wallach.jpg 09_large.jpg

fish2340.jpg phpJce7B3AM.jpg

I never really noticed it before, but now that you mention it there is a certain resemblance. I also love that movie; in fact it ranks right up near my all time favorites. I have it on DVD and pull it out every so often. The climactic scene with the 3 guys standing around the circle near the end is still an all time classic to my eyes. And of course, the music / score was incredible and used perfectly throughout the flick.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I never really noticed it before, but now that you mention it there is a certain resemblance. I also love that movie; in fact it ranks right up near my all time favorites. I have it on DVD and pull it out every so often. The climactic scene with the 3 guys standing around the circle near the end is still an all time classic to my eyes. And of course, the music / score was incredible and used perfectly throughout the flick.

Steve Sly
    I totally agree about the music. The cemetery scene where Tuco is looking for the grave with "Ecstasy of Gold" playing is probably the highlight for me. What a masterpiece of cinema. I'm going back and watching the other two films in the trilogy now (A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More). I never gave the "spaghetti western" much credibility as a genre, but this film has made me revise that viewpoint.

Here's the scene I'm talking about in case anyone hasn't seen it:

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Good call - can definitely see it!

Quote Originally Posted by devoidzer0 View Post
    I totally agree about the music. The cemetery scene where Tuco is looking for the grave with "Ecstasy of Gold" playing is probably the highlight for me. What a masterpiece of cinema. I'm going back and watching the other two films in the trilogy now (A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More). I never gave the "spaghetti western" much credibility as a genre, but this film has made me revise that viewpoint.
    The DVD box that I have has all 3 films and I think “Good The Bad And The Ugly” is the best of the three, but they all have their charm, and were pretty unique for their time.

Steve Sly

Fish is Tuco.

hahaha awesome.

almost as awesome when someone made the comment that JKL2000's avatar was a pic of Rick Wakeman. Damn, I still chuckle each time I look at JKL2000's avatar. awesome!

Resurrecting this thread in memory of Eli Wallach. RIP, sir.

Loved Eli Wallach as an actor. He was truly one of the greats.