Thread: Kristian Schultze, RIP!

Kristian Schultze, RIP!

This happens to be old news, but just found out about this today, former Passport, Snowball and Cusco keyboard player Kristian Schultze passed away way back on Nov. 22nd, 2011.
    He was born on Jan. 21st, 1945.
    Mr. Schultze initially recorded a great jazz album with a group known as The Kristian Schultze Set, and then came Passport, etc., also having a series of solo albums to his credit.
    This is extremely sad news for me, as i had an immense admiration for this musician. I will continue to admire his musical output, that is for sure. RIP, great musician!
    Last edited by presdoug; 05-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

I just discovered that KS Set album not too long ago, and it is a groovin', excellent album. He deserved more credit somehow, so a belated RIP is a good thing.

K.S Set's "Recreation" is really excellent, a lost gem... His contributions to Klaus Doldinger's Passport are also outstanding. (Just listen to the keyboard riffs in Cross-Collateral). I'm less convinced by his later Ambient/New Age productions (Expedition Extra,...) but still have great admiration for the artist. A big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    K.S Set's "Recreation" is really excellent, a lost gem... His contributions to Klaus Doldinger's Passport are also outstanding. (Just listen to the keyboard riffs in Cross-Collateral). I'm less convinced by his later Ambient/New Age productions (Expedition Extra,...) but still have great admiration for the artist. A big loss.
    Yeah, "Recreation" is wonderful, and i love his playing in Passport VERY much. I also dig Snoball (their first album) and some recordings of Cusco, like Apurimac 1 and 2. The only solo record i've heard is Metronomics, which is ok, i guess. My faves are the KSS and Passport.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

His work in Passport is excellent.
    Looking forward to meeting him in the resurrection!
    For now; rest in peace
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?