Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arktau Eos

^^^

Metgumbnerbone were members of the New Blockaders and they featured both Rupenus brothers (also in Alien Brains, Bladder Flask, Citipati, Dada Duo, Masstishaddhu, Mixed Band Philanthropist, Organum, Nihilist Assault Group etc.) "Ligeliahorn" is easily one of the best releases on the historic A-Mission label. Recorded at the ruins of Elswick industry, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and other long abandoned industrial sites along the banks of the river Tyne it is a model album for the ritual-industrial style that blosssomed in the late 80s-early 90s.

I'm a lucky owner of an original from back in the day. Unfortunately the master tapes are forever lost and it was never repressed or reissued. A pity, since it is an absolute must and its price is on the prohibited range. Would love to see an official needledrop CD of it...
    Last edited by spacefreak; 05-22-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    What happened to the originals? I found some of their stuff on YouTube. I should copy it to iTunes.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

A-Mission was a very small label in Leeds, that existed only two years (from 1983-1985). They issued only 5 LPs with the first being Metgumbnerbone's. Their catalog numbers were not sequential but all used reference verses in the bible. For example the Metgumbnerbone is indexed as: REV 13:18 - "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number Six hundred threescore six."

The circulation was probably very small, guess around 500, thus the scarcity. The only A-Mission albums officially reissued on other labels are:
    O Yuki Conjugate ‎– Scene In Mirage (as part of the 4LP + 7" + DVD "Ambiguism" box on Vinyl on Demand -released 2010)
    Asmus Tietchens ‎– Seuchengebiete (CD only on Die Stadt -released 2005)

Metgumbnerbone ‎– Ligeliahorn was privately issued on CDR as "Ligeliahorn (Redux)" by their founder John Mylotte, in 2002. It contained a heavily edited version of the A-Mission album plus some additional material from their debut cassette. This particular release was withdrawn shortly after being issued, due to disagreements amongst certain members (the Rupenus brothers I presume), with no plans at a later date reissue. I repeat that, from what I personally know, the master tapes are forever lost.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 05-22-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Thanks!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"