Thread: Frank Marino - Ditch Queen

Frank Marino - Ditch Queen

Frank Marino Ditch Queen

Always loved this album!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

My favorite Frank Marino album.

That one and the preceding Power of RnR are where Frank starts losing me...

Before that What's Next and Unexpected were some of my fave albums ever... But those albums were half-filled with what I call fillers ... Not helping in liking them two albums was the suppression of the Mahogany Rush name

I'd found a solution by taping the best tracks of both albums onto an XL-II S side and got rid of both vinyl albums...
    Of course, Frank lost me further with his next albums

BTW, can anyone explain me why the What's Next album never had a CBS CD reissue (the vinyl was CBS, at least the Canadian one) and is still only to be found in semi-prof style
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    That one and the preceding Power of RnR are where Frank starts losing me...

Before that What's Next and Unexpected were some of my fave albums ever... But those albums were half-filled with what I call fillers ... Not helping in liking them two albums was the suppression of the Mahogany Rush name

I couldn't disagree more, I love both POR&R and Juggernaut and don't think that there is any thing resembling filler on either album.

Also by the way, BGO released a remaster of What's Next along with their 1978 Live album and Tales Of The Unexpected , 3 albums on 2 discs in 2009. The best sounding version of What's Next that I have heard on CD.

Best guitarist alive. I'd love to see him get back out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I couldn't disagree more, I love both POR&R and Juggernaut and don't think that there is any thing resembling filler on either album.

Also by the way, BGO released a remaster of What's Next along with their 1978 Live album and Tales Of The Unexpected , 3 albums on 2 discs in 2009. The best sounding version of What's Next that I have heard on CD.
    I was not aware of this reissue. I need to get it.

By the way it sucks there aren't official reissues of Power of R n R and Juggernaut.

Thanks guys.Best guitarist alive.True. I saw Frank live 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post

By the way it sucks there aren't official reissues of Power of R n R and Juggernaut.
    I didn't know.How come,they would sale for sure.

Frank Marino - Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Romerovm View Post

There is a BGO reissue with both of these albums packaged together.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, I think BGO has reissued just about all of the Columbia era albums. I know there's a double CD with Mahogany Rush IV and World Anthem, as well.

I think it's been said that Frank has some health issues recently, but for the better part of the last 13 years, he's done a bit of touring each year, and he's put out I think one studio album a few years back and also a live album. I've seen him at least five times, including the shoot for his DVD a couple years back. Always puts on a great show. Each of the regular shows I saw, he basically played for three hours solid. I mean, he stops between songs, maybe says "Hello" or "Thank you", checks his tuning, but then almost immediately launches into the next song. Not a lot of futzing around onstage with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    There is a BGO reissue with both of these albums packaged together.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Oh nice. This was just reissued late last year. I guess that's why I didn't know about it.

Before this there were just boots on the Black Rose (if I am not mistaken) European boot label.

I just ordered it by the way!
    Last edited by Romerovm; 05-12-2013 at 12:37 AM.

MMMmmmmhhh!!!!...

I didn't know for ll of these 2on1 or 3on2 deals except for that first three package (which I have)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

BGO finally came to the rescue on all the Columbia Frank Marino albums. I love just about every album he's released, but special mention should go to his last album "RealLive!" from 2004. What a smoking set that double CD is!

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    BGO finally came to the rescue on all the Columbia Frank Marino albums. I love just about every album he's released, but special mention should go to his last album "RealLive!" from 2004. What a smoking set that double CD is!
    Incredible. Ever notice the word "Mom" in the smoke on the cover. I assume his mother had recently passed. He's really a class act.

Ditch Queen! Yes! Stories of a Hero is also a killer track from this album. I, too, find this to be my favorite Marino album.
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Incredible. Ever notice the word "Mom" in the smoke on the cover. I assume his mother had recently passed. He's really a class act.
    "Mom" Yes.I eventually got the RealLive! double CD.Wow.The Best live ever by anyone.

Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush - He's calling