Thread: Anybody for Celebr8??

Anybody for Celebr8??

Apologies if there's already a healthy thread about this festival, I couldn't fine one.

Just wondering if any of you groovy fuckers are going to be there? I am.
    "Where the light is brightest, the shadows are deepest"
    Goethe

Well, this shows that most PE ers are not from the UK. My hubby and I are definitely going for the weekend, and I know plenty of regular gig goers who are too.
    You will not be alone!

Jefferson James
    Had an absolute BLAST last year and very much wishing I could be there again this year; fantastic line-up! I would love to see Frost* with Andy Tillison on keys. Hoping for Celebr8.3.

I'm going - it will be wonderful. And I hope that it works well enough for 8.3.

Me. Although I wouldn't call myself a groovy fucker Groovy funker maybe...

I shall be there - been looking forward to it since Summer's End !
    I'm particularly excited by the Frost set to see how Andy get on.
    Threshold , too , should be great

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I shall be there - been looking forward to it since Summer's End !
    I'm particularly excited by the Frost set to see how Andy get on.
    Threshold , too , should be great
    Have a great time, Miles! I can't wait to hear what D97 does to the uninitiated.

If they don't play their "Back In NYC" cover they're balmy!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Yes indeed. I guess its D97 that I'm really excitied about. Going got be a great day out.
    Goethe

Have fun! I would love to be there. Enjoy!

Sadly it is now all over and I'm left with wonderful memories, the program and a raffle prize to come. I didn't see everything, but highlights of the weekend were Threshold (that Damian Wilson can sing), Harvest - I was really looking forward to seeing them and they were wonderful, Mystery - new to me, & Arena who had a much reduced set. On the "accoustic stage" - Matt Stevens & Andy Tillison's jam session and Simon Godfrey. But, top of the weekend for me was Alan Reed & band who put in a truely stunning performance.

Anyway, everyone can have a part of the festival as some of the programs are available to buy from here. Each one comes with 2CDs from each of the performers, and many of the tracks are previously unreleased.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Have a great time, Miles! I can't wait to hear what D97 does to the uninitiated.

If they don't play their "Back In NYC" cover they're balmy!
    The band were on fire last Saturday. Truly exceptional and while they failed to play their infamous Genesis cover, they DID wheel out a stunning rendition of Crimson's "Great Deciever"!
    Goethe

Here is a review of the first day by James Allen. http://jamesablog.starjump.org/?p=2440

Celebr8 was a brilliant weekend and everyone has their highlights as the bill was so varied, which is always a good idea for a Festival. In the end Andy Tillison, despite having learned all that Frost music, didn't get to play with the band. I didn't see most of Frost's set but gather that Jem somehow managed the keyboards on his own. District 97 was my most anticipated band, having already heard the CD's and been blown away by the music. They didn't disappoint. What an incredible band - the most exciting new music I 've heard in ages. Leslie Hunt is a brilliant vocalist and performer. After them, everything sounded ordinary! No, all the acts were great. Threshold performed as well as they always do and Damian's voice was excellent as always. I think I'm just growing away from their musical style, and after awhile the songs all sounded alike. That's just me. As a huge Arena fan, I was bitterly disappointed that, due to over-running of previous acts and the curfew, their set, despite being headliners, was cut by around 30 mins! They played under an hour, which was less than any mainstage act that weekend so we were deprived of lots of their back catalogue. A band as good as Arena deserved better. Not the first time I've seen this happen at a Festival. It's no advantage being a headliner when this happens.