Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yes - The Ladder

For me, the opening track was filled with promise that the rest of the record did not deliver...And even that track took a while to get going...YES's last cd Fly from Here was the best thing they recorded since Talk....Everything in between had remnents of past glory but mostly sounded like anderson filler without the killer instumentals! ......

My 2 cents.
    If this had been the first Yes album I heard, I would not have bought it (I think) and I most certainly would not have explored Yes any further.
    I would argue that every other Yes album inspires me (barring the debut) in one fashion or another - even Tormato, Union and Open your eyes!
    Too much JA influence on the songwriting imho - the only reason I pull it out is to listen to the 5.1 mix of Homeworld which is pretty cool - but the tacked on piano and voice coda ruins it for me.
    It is not that I do not like a bit of easy listening (I'm the guy that likes The man you used to be - except for the Fleetwood Mac style outro!) - I just really struggle with this one.

on what format was the 5.1 mix of Homeworld available?