Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Ordered Some UFO CDs From Amazon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Correct ! UFO had much more class & substance than most bands of that era !

Obsession just pips Lights Out for me !
    Does that mean that you like Obsession a little more than Lights Out? I have to agree with you. I just finished listening to this CD for the second time, and I want to listen to it again. Btw, Born To Loose is another stand out for me. Love the combo of the strings, harp, and harpsichord. Don't get me wrong. I love when UFO rocks out, but they is just something about those ballads.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Big dumb '70s rock? You, my friend, are dearly mistaken. Their studio albums have plenty of depth. Just give a listen to Obsession. Would you call Led Zepplin or Sabbath "big dumb rock"?
    No - Sabbath is just dumb. Hey, you're free to like it. But it is what it is. I don't really care for any of their albums, but do like a few songs here and there.

Zeppelin isn't really in this genre. Well, at least most of the time.
    Last edited by Facelift; 05-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Does that mean that you like Obsession a little more than Lights Out? I have to agree with you. I just finished listening to this CD for the second time, and I want to listen to it again. Btw, Born To Loose is another stand out for me. Love the combo of the strings, harp, and harpsichord. Don't get me wrong. I love when UFO rocks out, but they is just something about those ballads.
    Yes, they wrote some killer ballads! Heavily influenced the 80's power ballad bands IMO. Iron Maiden & Def Leppard have both quoted UFO's influence on them !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Yes, they wrote some killer ballads! Heavily influenced the 80's power ballad bands IMO. Iron Maiden & Def Leppard have both quoted UFO's influence on them !
    I think Harry even stole a pair of Pete Way's pants.

I think Harry even stole a pair of Pete Way's pants.
    'Arry definitely swiped his look from Pete Way, and the whole "galloping" rhythm thing that one hears at least three or four times on every Iron Maiden came directly out of Lights Out itself.

Banned
    Is it me, or does Phil Mogg hit some high notes on One More From The Rodeo(from Obsession)?

Banned
    Listening to Phenomenon for the second time. I love the more acoustic based sound on this. I've always felt that Michael's guitar playing on Rock Bottom was a cross between Tony Iommi and Alex Lifeson on Working Man.

Banned
    Just heard this song on the radio. Seven Deadly just might be my next UFO cd purchase from Amazon. Has anyone heard the new album yet?

Yep. good album. I like it quite a bit. One of the stronger ones from the Vinnie Moore era.

Banned
    Big dumb rock, you say? I think not!! Love the harpsichord. Dig Michael's flute.

Banned
    Inspired by the recommendations on this thread, I finally got Strangers In The Night(the '99 remaster). I was going to get it at first, because I have all the studio albums represented on that live album. However, I changed my mind when I heard the live version of Love To Love on the radio. Love the addition of synths on the live version(was it a Moog or ARP?).

The Vinnie Moore stuff is all really good though not up to par with the Schenker era stuff. As stated many times Strangers is where to start and is up there with the all time best live albums. I am seeing these guys again in just 6 days at the Sellersville Theater. This will probably be my 6 or so time seeing them including 3 times with Vinnie. Highly recommended as Moog's live vocals have really mellowed nicely over the years. My boy is so looking forward as these guys are in his top 5. We are hoping to meet the guys as well. Their merch manager is a member of my guitar forum so I am really hoping.

I'll be seeing them in NYC this week-looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by sotdude View Post
    I'll be seeing them in NYC this week-looking forward to it!

Still well worth seeing but I sure miss Pete Way whom i saw do a guess spot last year with MSG .He didn't look in the best of health & doubt he could do a full tour !

Just heard this song on the radio. Seven Deadly just might be my next UFO cd purchase from Amazon. Has anyone heard the new album yet?
    Yeah, the new one is surprisingly good. I think it's the best thing they've done with Vinnie on board. Just saw UFO in Sellersville the other night and they can still rock live. If you get a chance see the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Yeah, the new one is surprisingly good. I think it's the best thing they've done with Vinnie on board. Just saw UFO in Sellersville the other night and they can still rock live. If you get a chance see the band.
    I was at the show and it was once again great. Vinnie and Phil killed. Let me guess, you were the guy with the RosFest shirt on?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay G View Post
    I was at the show and it was once again great. Vinnie and Phil killed. Let me guess, you were the guy with the RosFest shirt on?
    No I wasn't but I did see that guy myself.

sorry, I just assumed. My boy noticed someone with the shirt walk by us and I figured it had to be a PE member.

Probably is a member here. Me and my son sat up in front of Vinnie.