Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sound of Contact to play Progday

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    I spoke with Comfort Inn University General Manager, Evelyn Stapleton, yesterday - and she confirms that there will again be a special ProgDay Rate for rooms at the hotel. Within the next couple of days, she will forward a "Unique Identifier" Link that will be added to the ProgDay Website which will allow folks to connect directly to the hotel to obtain the special rate. We'll publish this rate and the corresponding Link as soon as received. As an aside, Evelyn mentioned that ProgDay is an event the Comfort Inn University looks forward to supporting every year. Not only is it (obviously) good business for the hotel, but the attendees have such a great time that the staff enjoys the vibe. She mentioned that they have completed the additional lobby renovations and are in the process of upgrading the bedding in all the rooms. The front lounge area and poolside will again be available for our after-hours celebrating. Stay tuned...
    The Comfort Inn has been very good to the festival over the years and very tolerant of some rock n roll behavior that tends to happen at these things. The Monday morning that I got a 7AM phone call about broken glass all around (and in) the pool was not a fun conversation, but in the end they were a lot cooler about it than they could have been. In fact there have been several years where the pool area has looked like a war zone after the traditional Sunday night party and the hotel has never really complained. Anyway, back when I was booking the rooms the hotel was mostly easy to deal with which is one of the reasons we have come back to them over the years.

Steve Sly

This is great news! Thanks Pook1973 for looking into this and Steve for your background with this wonderful event. I will be looking forward to that link.

I've made my reservations and got the ProgDay rate. This will be my ninth time at the Comfort Inn, and the stays have always been fine for me. The hotel staff, especially at the front desk, have been friendly and happy to see the ProgDay folks. I'm sure it's a good chunk of business for them. The location is good, too. Plenty of restaurants and a mammoth beer and wine store within walking distance.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Michael just got the website updated tonight and the "official" announcement has gone out.

Steve Sly
    Awesome, thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I've made my reservations and got the ProgDay rate. This will be my ninth time at the Comfort Inn, and the stays have always been fine for me. The hotel staff, especially at the front desk, have been friendly and happy to see the ProgDay folks. I'm sure it's a good chunk of business for them. The location is good, too. Plenty of restaurants and a mammoth beer and wine store within walking distance.
    Agreed, Total Wine, located in the plaza accross the street, has a fantastic beer selection. It is always one of my first stops when I get to North Carolina.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Agreed, Total Wine, located in the plaza accross the street, has a fantastic beer selection. It is always one of my first stops when I get to North Carolina.

Steve Sly
    In addition - there is an ABC Store (state affiliated liquor vendor) on South Elliot in Chapel Hill - close to the Comfort Inn (5 minutes if that) - - - if you go hard that is.

~jk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WHORG View Post
    In addition - there is an ABC Store (state affiliated liquor vendor) on South Elliot in Chapel Hill - close to the Comfort Inn (5 minutes if that) - - - if you go hard that is.

~jk
    Naw I'll wait till I get your assistance to go hard. No I didn't mean it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Naw I'll wait till I get your assistance to go hard. No I didn't mean it that way
    You sure?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman