Thread: Citizen Cain remaster series released June 3rd

Citizen Cain remaster series released June 3rd

Received this e-mail today; I know some people here have been wondering about these titles... I'm glad the wait is almost over so I can finally add the only CC album I am missing (Ghost Dance).

Citizen Cain's entire back catalogue has been remastered and is to be re-released by F2Music on 03/06/13. For those who have pre-ordered these titles we thank you once again for your patience and support, the wait is finally over.

Please feel free to visit our website which has recently been updated with interviews, artwork, lyrics etc and have a listen to tracks from all our albums on our new Youtube channel. Also, if you are on Facebook be sure to visit our page there.

The Citizen Cain solo projects are well underway and we will have more news soon regarding Cyrus and Stewart's projects (working titles; "Arculus" and; "The Oneiranaut")...

www.citizencain.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/CitizenCainUK
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CitizenCainUK

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Decent band, but way to wordy for me at times. Cyrus/Xyrus makes Peter Hammill look restrained.

I'm glad though that their catalog will be back in print.

Banned
    Any band that has hints of Genesis peaks my interest. So, what is the best CD of theirs to start with?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Any band that has hints of Genesis peaks my interest. So, what is the best CD of theirs to start with?
    Many will differ, but last year's "Skies Darken" is IMO their most mature and satisfying album. And I also think it is highly under rated, and one of the best symphonic prog albums of 2012.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Many will differ, but last year's "Skies Darken" is IMO their most mature and satisfying album. And I also think it is highly under rated, and one of the best symphonic prog albums of 2012.
    Is Skies Darkened one of the ones being reissued? I meant out of those.

Is Skies Darkened one of the ones being reissued? I meant out of those.
    No, it's only a year old. You can still obtain it from where prog is sold. And it's Darken, NOT Darkened.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I only ever heard the one I have,Somewhere,But Yesterday and even though it's been about 10 years since I listened to it..I remember digging it quite well.

Skies Darken has piqued my interest in C.C. again.

the only one of their discography not worthy of attention is "Ghost Machine", everything else is pretty good...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    the only one of their discography not worthy of attention is "Ghost Machine", everything else is pretty good...
    Don't you mean Ghost Dance?

Don't you mean Ghost Dance?
    oh yes a police lapsus...

Good band indeed, I'd like to have all their albums. Agree that Ghost Dance is by far the weakest.

How do you guys rate Somewhere But Yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Excellent, but that's the closest to the Genesis first period era, they create their own style after their first 2 cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Probably my favourite, but Skies Darken is a very close second.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I can easily remommend Somewhere,But Yesterday, which altough it has strong Genesis and Jethro Tull influences is a very good Album.
    Skies Darken is really good also, but has to many vocal parts for me.

Ghost Dance are recodings from the very different original band and are really only Demos. Funny fact the other two members (apart from Cyrus)
    of the original band are from a band called "Not quite Red Fox" who fired Fish for not being a good enough singer

Just ordered Ghost Dance (the only one I don't have already) directly from the CC site - it was cheaper than amazon... finally my collection will be complete! Then there are the two upcoming solo releases to look forward to!