Thread: Was Hardbound edition of Steven Wilson-Get All You Deserve sold by Amazon?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Was Hardbound edition of Steven Wilson-Get All You Deserve sold by Amazon?

Kind of a weird question, but did anyone here order the hardbound edition of the 4-disk "Get All You Deserve" set from Amazon? This is OOP from Burning Shed, but Amazon had what looked like it listed (hard to tell from the description, but the photo was definitely the hardbound edition), so I took a shot and ordered a copy. Alas, I received the regular digipak edition (which is kind of flimsy). I did a "chat" with Amazon customer service, and they guy said he'd send a replacement. I asked if he was SURE I'd receive the hardbound edition. He said Yes. I figured this meant he'd check with the stockroom dude or whatever before shipping it, but it seems like they've just shipped the same item to me again.

Have to admit I kind of suspected there was no way they'd actually have the hardback edition (which I know went OOP from Burning Shed in the pre-order phase), but now I'm wondering - did Amazon EVER sell the hardbound edition? If not, why do they even have a photo of it? Also, now I see the replacement order is set up, and they're expecting me to RETURN the first copy. If these are both the digipak edition, I'll have to return both copies.

F Amazon! I admit I was taking a longshot with this, but I've had a lot of problems with Amazon lately, and I never used to.

I didn't order it from Amazon, but I searched on Amazon using the UPC from the copy I bought from Laser's Edge (I think), which is NOT the hardbound limited deluxe edition, and it brought up the entry that I think you're seeing. The picture does look like the hardbound book version, but I doubt they actually have those - I'm guessing the wrong picture is posted...

Amazon was not allowed to sell it. We sold through close to 100 copies.

Sorry, Jed. If you want it, you'll have to buy it from one of those dreaded 'little dealers' who actually know what the fuck they are offering to the public, unlike Amazon.

As Ken points out, Amazon was specifically prohibited from selling it.

Happily, we weren't!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Sorry, Jed. If you want it, you'll have to buy it from one of those dreaded 'little dealers' who actually know what the fuck they are offering to the public, unlike Amazon.

As Ken points out, Amazon was specifically prohibited from selling it.

Happily, we weren't!
    I know this now (I preordered the limited edition of "The Raven..." from Burning Shed after seeing Get What You Deserve go OOP from Burning Shed so quickly). I actually wasn't interested in the Wilson limited editions until after Get What You Deserve had already gone OOP. But this is why I was surprised to see that photo of the hardbound GWYD on Amazon at all - I was pretty sure Amazon wouldn't even carry it. So how the F did they end up with that photo in the description?

Anyway, as soon as I saw Laser's Edge and Wayside carrying Raven, I made a mental note to order the NEXT Wilson limited edition from one of you dreadful little dealers!

I just saw this notice on the Amazon.co.uk and Amazon Germany site for this same item:

"Item Under Review. This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

Thanks for telling Amazon.com, your parent company. Not!!!
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-01-2013 at 03:58 PM.

So now I have THREE copies of the 4-disk digipak edition of Get All You Deserve! I had already bought a copy after the deluxe limited went OOP. Then when I found this listing on Amazon I decided to take a chance - when I told them they'd sent the wrong thing, they said they'd replace it. I knew the replacement was going to be the same thing, but since the agent said they were sure it was going to be the hardbound I again decided to take a chance. So now I have to return two copies to Amazon - I'll make sure they foot the bill for that of course.

Small, weird thing though - one of the copies is slightly different from the other two. The text at the top of the front face of the package (Steven Wilson Get All You Deserve) is white, while on the other two it's purple. I thought maybe one was PAL or something, but they're all NTSC. I actually don't like the way the purple looks - to me it combines with the art on the cover to give a "photocopied" look which I don't care for. I'm thinking the one with the white type is maybe from a later print run and they changed it for some reason. Maybe they thought it looked better, or maybe the purple is later and they preferred that. All the copies are still shrinkwrapped, so this is all based on the front and back of the packaging. The reason I never opened the first copy is that I had too much other fairly recent SW stuff to catch up on. I'm almost ready!

Anyway, I know this is minutia, but has anyone else noticed this difference in the packaging?

Ended up getting ANOTHER free copy of this (the digipak edition) because Amazon.co.uk removed the note that they weren't shipping this because customers had told them there was an error with the description, but they DIDN'T update the photo. So, being desperate, I ordered a copy. Note that I wouldn't have ordered it if I hadn't known Amazon would HAVE to refund the cost if the photo was still incorrect. So I just finished a chat with an Amazon UK agent - turns out they corrected the photo AFTER I placed my order, so the agent wasn't believing they'd made any error, but I just had to inist.

So while I have to return one to Amazon.com, I have two extra unopened copies. I'll either sell them on eBay or donate them to the library.

I have my own personal library that you are more than welcome to donate to!
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion