Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Djam Karet - The Trip

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I just tried to buy this at Amazon.com, but you can only buy MP3s from their site if you are a US citizen. What kind of bullshit is that?! Amazon.ca does not appear to carry any MP3s....
    You Canadians can't be trusted with MP3s.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    They have an ambient side and a heavy side. Sometimes they break them apart, most of the time they mix them together. My favorite by them is a bit more acoustic than most, and that's Ascension. They do a lot with manipulated field recordings on that one too. I find it super sweet, and always take a moment to boost it.

I think another good place to start would be The Devouring. That album covers a lot of ground, showing what the band does. If you want even more ambiance Suspension & Displacement is a natural choice. That was another purposefully ambient album, released at the same time as Burning the Hard City, which is all heavy, technical-edge stuff.

The Devouring is a very good place to start, great band.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.