Thread: What a Score!

What a Score!

Radiant had a sale going last week- not sure if it's still on- but I had to jump on it.
    I don't have a lot of the Mighty Beard, and Not nearly enough of Neal's stuff.
    Here's what I snagged for less than 36 bucks:
    Spock's Beard - The Light
    Spock's Beard - Don't Try This At Home
    Spock's Beard - Beware Of Darkness
    Neal Morse - So Many Roads 3 CD Live In Europe
    Neal Morse - Sola Scriptura ANd Beyond DVD

I put on the Sola Scriptura disc one and was mesmerized for 2 hours and 49 minutes. In spite of the fact it was a simple stereo recording, it musically was one of the most mind-blowing shows I have ever seen. Major props to Colin Leijenaar on drums, Henk Doest on keys, and the most mind blowing/face melting solo I have seen in a LONG time by Paul Bielatowicz near the end of The Door".

I'm looking forward to diving into more of Neal's music, as well as some more Spock's Beard. I do have their new album, btw, and think it's among the very best so far this year.

I also took advantage of that sale last week to order Glass Hammer's The Compilations (I have everything from Lex Rex onward except this one, so why not?) as well as Spocks Beard's From The Vault (the only SB release I didn't have)... and that one was $1.99! Couldn't pass it up.

Enjoy your discoveries of Spocks and Neal's stuff - loads of great music coming your way!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

These sales always happen when I'm in between paydays.