Thread: John Galgano/Izz & 3RDegree Tour together northeast USA in May (& Pinnacle in NJ!)

John Galgano/Izz & 3RDegree Tour together northeast USA in May (& Pinnacle in NJ!)

johngalgano.jpg cover_3457102062012_r.jpg 1340448424_1340447818_cover_27522162012_r.jpg
    This just in:

Izz bassist/vocalist and principal songwriter John Galgano will be replacing Oblivion Sun who had to drop out due to an injury to Frank Wyatt (get well Frank!). These are 3RDegree's (3RDegree_Robert) first shows in over 2 1/2 years and first since releasing their THE LONG DIVISION album. This is also John Galgano's first series of shows since releasing his excellent solo album REAL LIFE IS MEETING. John will be flanked by former Izz member Laura Meade and current guitarist and drummer Paul Bremner and Brian Coralian (izz_brian) repectively. 3RDegree will be playing with their new 5 member live lineup marking Bryan Zeigler's first shows with the band on guitar. The May 11th tour opener in 3RDegree's home state will feature a show opening set by none other than Pinnacle featuring PE favorite Greg Jones (arabicadabra), Bill Fox (Radiohost)and Karl Eisenhart (everythingtoexcess) as well as new lead vocalist Matt Francisco. All 3 bands don't play live all that much and this is their first time together making these shows a "must see"!

People like Scott Corcoran, Jim Robinson and Mike Potter are curating these shows and depend on us "proggers" to get out there so we sincerely ask you to come to a show if you like the above artist(s). These aren't "run of the mill" club shows but well thought out, well grouped bands in nice venues. Even the show 3RDegree is doing alone in NYC-while not in an excellent location-will consist of 5 prog rock bands in one night from PA, NJ and NY (Long Island). In fact the promoter (Emily Rock) only booked one of the bands-she let Robert (of 3RDegree) scour the area for some prog bands who wanted to be part of the show.

Advance tickets for 5/11 and 5/13 are cheaper than "day of" tickets.

May 11 NJ Proghouse @ Roxy & Dukes Dunellen, NJ w/Pinnacle
    http://www.njproghouse.com/shop/may-...gree-izz-lite/

May 13 Scott Corcoran's Prog On The Sound @ Marisa's of Trumbull, CT
    http://www.fanfueled.com/Event/Detai...ver/?created=1

May 18 Mike Potter's Orion Sound Studios Baltimore, MD
    http://www.orionsound.com

May 29 Alphabet Lounge New York City (East Village) *3RDegree only at 10:00* w/The Yellow Box (Chris Merlo's and Charlie Lab's band), Inner Situation, Out Of The Beardspace and Linus In The Sapphire
    http://www.alphabetnyc.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man oh man would we ever like to attend one of these, but with trips to both RoSFest and Terra Incognita in May, we won't be able to manage it. I'm sure all who can attend are in for an amazing time.

Any chance of making it up to Boston? The Magic Room in the Brighton area has held some prog shows
    hosted by NewEARS.

http://newears.org/

PE Favorite? LOL! Not that I'm aware of. But seriously, everyone in Pinnacle are thrilled to open for 3rdegree and IZZ Lite. Thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    Any chance of making it up to Boston? The Magic Room in the Brighton area has held some prog shows
    hosted by NewEARS.

http://newears.org/
    Famously impossible to get a hold of and most shows up there have not been well attended as can be attested by many here on PE. Not that it's his fault. We would be up for it but minus us coming up and playing a less than perfect venue that I can probably scrounge up, probably not. I suggest you come on 5/13 if you can swing it. It's the most north anyone is comfortable with setting up presently.

One more stop (officially) for IZZ...this Saturday at Orion Sound Studios. 3RDegree have an NYC stop without us (but with The Yellow Box and others) on the 29th. We're looking into the possibility of adding dates, as this bill is too fun to let go.

I'm sorry to say we can't attend this one, though we surely would........and stop calling me Shirley!

Lila and I will be in Quebec for Terra Incognita and we're quite stoked for that.

Hope there is a good turnout. Mike is a fine host! Orion Rocks!!!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by izz_brian View Post
    One more stop (officially) for IZZ...this Saturday at Orion Sound Studios. 3RDegree have an NYC stop without us (but with The Yellow Box and others) on the 29th. We're looking into the possibility of adding dates, as this bill is too fun to let go.
    More dates?! The bill is too fun to let go of?! I thought you ducks were all married already...

More dates? I would actually try to come!

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    More dates?! The bill is too fun to let go of?! I thought you ducks were all married already...

More dates? I would actually try to come!
    Ugh, the puns! Make it stop! That would be cool, but even cooler if we could do another triple-bill.

Oh GOD yes, I'd be totally down for that!

Jefferson James
    Wishing everyone involved a FANTASTIC gig at The Orion this weekend -- my word, the things I've been hearing about this pairing have been nothing short of astounding. Tear it up!

It's all over for now. It was a great trio. 3 shows in 8 days! 3RDegree plays NYC with FOUR other prog bands next Wednesday the 29th but you know how NYC gigs are. Let's just say "less fun" (for the band logistically) but that doesn't mean people shouldn't come!

The show is at Alphabet Lounge. I'll make a new post about it soon.