Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Lateral Blast's third album ("Lemniscata") to be released soon.

LateralBlast_Lemniscata.jpg

Here are 2 tracks from it (first one sounds very different than the first two albums):

Last edited by Zalmoxe; 6 Days Ago at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Lateral Blast's third album ("Lemniscata") to be released soon.

LateralBlast_Lemniscata.jpg

Here are 2 tracks from it (first one sounds very different than the first two albums):
    Oh i believed that one to be out for a few years, that is why I never found it

Still have to get the second one also...

It was released in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    It was released in 2019.
    Thought so also...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    It was released in 2019.
    On their website, they announced last year that the album is yet to be released (https://www.lateralblast.it/lb/2020/...ra-lemniscata/). I can't find any information that would confirm the release, hence my assumption that we are still to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I've searched a couple times in the last several weeks for the new Ezra Winston album, but can find nothing. I wonder if there's been a hold up, as it was supposed to release late June or early July?
    They wrote in Prog Italia's FB (with FB translation):
    Ezra Winston's non-datur Tertium (Progressively GMP 009), third release at 31 years from Ancient Afternoons, will be released on July 20, only on vinyl, as volume 99 of the Italian Prog Rock Necklace for De Agostini .. In issue 36 of Prog Italy, May 20 on the newsstand, there will be an interview with Ezra to enter this album and understand the resumption of their activity. Side A has three tracks, while B has two. Before the end of 2021 we'll also make the CD version with other tracks added, which in the 33 spins (42 minutes) version wouldn't have entered. The front and the back of the cover (gatefold, with interior bag in color and vinyl at 180 g) were made by the designer Lorenza Pigliosche Ricci, class 1997 music lover that we like, collaborator also of Prog Italy and who also made the cover of Dedicated to Frazz Live by Semiramis, as well as upcoming releases.

https://www.facebook.com/progitalia/...506383?__cft__[0]=AZVe90vU_DJd7M8JcXuDUzPr1MZz9imEbu6sHoIO3pG7kklyJ 2uqXY7oMday3LulDAFGR_UWqOK1kbVVfc05XDWBesxMRwnbq6-Q_-eCxbzgi1mD9Yby3HpgG1bad4MonmvVmc83LZXPFgQhyrkI7Nos &__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks for the info. It's not on Discogs yet, but will be. I am certain that I'll need to buy from an Italian seller, so if you can ask around, Paolo, that would be helpful. I could find nothing on it apart from the blog post that was linked earlier in this thread announcing it's forthcoming release.
    Ok so yes, it was only released in newsstands, it was printed in 500 copies which were sold out in a few days. I saw mention of the fact that they could not even satisfy all reservations made. No plans on reprinting the LP so far, but maybe a CD by the end of the year, different cover, more music.

Quote Originally Posted by ske View Post
    Ok so yes, it was only released in newsstands, it was printed in 500 copies which were sold out in a few days. I saw mention of the fact that they could not even satisfy all reservations made. No plans on reprinting the LP so far, but maybe a CD by the end of the year, different cover, more music.

I prefer the CD anyway, so I will wait for it and listen to your new album instead (which was in the mail today)

According to Ugo Vantini (drummer on the LP) they where working on an entirely new album some years ago.
    So maybe there will be something more to come.

^ Thanks Paolo. I think I read about an expanded CD coming too, but with these guys, who knows if it will happen. I'll search for the LP in the meantime. Ciao.
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Strange but interesting