Page 68 of 116 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2884

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Vittorio Di Scalzi & Nico di Palo (of New Trolls) - Due di Noi

New ground isn't being broken here but it is an excellent comfort listen. Available on Spotify.
    Amazing how many versions of New Trolls are out there (I think I came up with 12 last time I counted)

This one ain't the worst by far, nice but as you said not groundbreaking...

Some darker Krauty Spacerock

Surprise Comeback by 70s band Dalton. Good start into the new year.

^ That is a surprise!

Took me a bit to find info here, but it's a new AMS release and the title is Eden. Here's what the label says: "Among the names that no Italian prog enthusiast can do without we undoubtedly have the legendary Dalton, a band that in the early '70s left an indelible mark with the LP's "Riflessioni: Idea d'Infinito" and "Argitari". Their voice, guitar and one of the main composers was - and still is - Aronne Cereda, author of the recent "Memories" published by AMS Records in September 2017.

It seems that, thanks to that release, Aronne is now enjoying a second artistic youth, a fact proven by this new work that, after more than four decades, shows once again the name Dalton on the cover; this album sees in fact the collaboration of long-time members Alex Chiesa (flute, bagpipes, didgeridoo), Rino Limonta (bass) and Giancarlo Brambilla (keyboards), together with Nicoletta Gentile on vocals and guitar; it also features Eva Morelli from Il Bacio della Medusa (playing the flute in "Giardino dell'Eden" and "Guarda il Vento") and Fabio Zuffanti as artistic director in "Guarda il vento".

In "Eden", alongside the songwriting, folk and Celtic sides already present in "Memories", echoes of '70s progressive rock come back, unmistakably: an indelible sign of an era, that only those who have lived those years in first person can faithfully bring back to life; in particular, the songs "Giardino dell'Eden" and "La forza di Dio" will delight those who never forgot about Dalton, and still listen to their first two LP's regularly."

If the album-every-two-years pattern continues, there should be a new Unreal City this year. I know they were working on it a while back but it's been a bit quiet on the news front lately. Anyone know?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    If the album-every-two-years pattern continues, there should be a new Unreal City this year. I know they were working on it a while back but it's been a bit quiet on the news front lately. Anyone know?
    It has been quiet. I wonder if Unreal City will replace their guitarist since she left last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    It has been quiet. I wonder if Unreal City will replace their guitarist since she left last year.
    Yeah, strange... I wonder what happened there? I follow her as well as the band on the usual social media channels but I don't recall seeing any kind of formal announcement.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Unreal City just started writing new Songs. Maybe there will be a new Album at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Took me a bit to find info here, but it's a new AMS release and the title is Eden. Here's what the label says: "Among the names that no Italian prog enthusiast can do without we undoubtedly have the legendary Dalton, a band that in the early '70s left an indelible mark with the LP's "Riflessioni: Idea d'Infinito" and "Argitari". Their voice, guitar and one of the main composers was - and still is - Aronne Cereda, author of the recent "Memories" published by AMS Records in September 2017.

It seems that, thanks to that release, Aronne is now enjoying a second artistic youth, a fact proven by this new work that, after more than four decades, shows once again the name Dalton on the cover; this album sees in fact the collaboration of long-time members Alex Chiesa (flute, bagpipes, didgeridoo), Rino Limonta (bass) and Giancarlo Brambilla (keyboards), together with Nicoletta Gentile on vocals and guitar; it also features Eva Morelli from Il Bacio della Medusa (playing the flute in "Giardino dell'Eden" and "Guarda il Vento") and Fabio Zuffanti as artistic director in "Guarda il vento".

In "Eden", alongside the songwriting, folk and Celtic sides already present in "Memories", echoes of '70s progressive rock come back, unmistakably: an indelible sign of an era, that only those who have lived those years in first person can faithfully bring back to life; in particular, the songs "Giardino dell'Eden" and "La forza di Dio" will delight those who never forgot about Dalton, and still listen to their first two LP's regularly."
    Sorry should have included that...

Another 70s act with a new album
    (with guests from Saint Just, Osanna, Formula 3 etc.)

This new Mad Fellaz is really interesting. Here's the first track of the album:

Can't remember, where the first two releases also sand in English?

Quote Originally Posted by progprinter View Post
    My Italian collection is constantly growing. It's my favorite of all Prog at the moment. If you need any help with any of the titles, just ask.

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection...r/stag/italy/1
    Hi Lew, finally you got over your PMS phase and joined us here, LOL! Glad to see you around. Looking forward to your insight.

Welcome onboard,
    Eddie

the first one is the best cause it's mostly instrumental

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    This new Mad Fellaz is really interesting. Here's the first track of the album:

Can't remember, where the first two releases also sand in English?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

La Lista!

Released and though removed from the list
    Celeste-IL RISVEGLIO DEL PRINCIPE (CD Japan only so far)
    Mad Fellaz - III
    PAOLO SIANI feat. NUOVA IDEA - The Leprechaun's Pot of Gold
    Fabio Gremo - DON'T BE SCARED OF TRYING (TdC, Ianva etc.)
    Macchina Pneumatica - Riflessi Maschere
    Aerostation
    Donella di Monaco Opus Avantra

Coming soon (some very soon)
    Il Castello di Atlante-SIAMO NOI I SIGNORI DELLE TERRE A NORD (Oct.) rerecorded first album plus (don't know why it aint out yet)
    Conqueror (February)
    Pholas Dactylus - Hieros Gamos (January) (No further proof, I don't really believe it, Info is from band member)
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Transsiberiana (late April)
    Phoenix Again - Friends of Spirit (March)
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    Eveline's Dust - K
    Eris Pluvia - Tales from another Time
    Francesco di Giacomo (archival album) - La parte mancante (LP only?) (February)

Sooner or later (or never)
    Ad Maiora
    ALLUMINOGENI Metafisico
    Asgard "Ragnarøkkr"
    Entity "Il Naufragio della speranza" (rerecorded)
    Falena
    Fonderia (probability reduced)
    Homo Ex Machina
    Höstsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    La Nuova Raccomandata con Ricevuta di Ritorno
    Logos (probability reduced)
    Melting Clock (first half of 2019)
    Murple (probability reduced)
    Psycho Praxis (probability reduced)
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto
    Alphataurus Atto 3
    Ske second album
    Le Maschere di Clara (probability reduced)
    Disequazione -"2084"
    Basta! (closing in)
    Barock Project
    G.F. Piazza Live (ex PFM)
    La Bocca della Verita
    Cellar Noise
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    Ianva
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre
    Sezione Frenante
    Aqua Fragile

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    La Lista!

Released and though removed from the list
    Celeste-IL RISVEGLIO DEL PRINCIPE (CD Japan only so far)
    Mad Fellaz - III
    PAOLO SIANI feat. NUOVA IDEA - The Leprechaun's Pot of Gold
    Fabio Gremo - DON'T BE SCARED OF TRYING (TdC, Ianva etc.)
    Macchina Pneumatica - Riflessi Maschere
    Aerostation
    Donella di Monaco Opus Avantra

Coming soon (some very soon)
    Il Castello di Atlante-SIAMO NOI I SIGNORI DELLE TERRE A NORD (Oct.) rerecorded first album plus (don't know why it aint out yet)
    Conqueror (February)
    Pholas Dactylus - Hieros Gamos (January) (No further proof, I don't really believe it, Info is from band member)
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Transsiberiana (late April)
    Phoenix Again - Friends of Spirit (March)
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    Eveline's Dust - K
    Eris Pluvia - Tales from another Time
    Francesco di Giacomo (archival album) - La parte mancante (LP only?) (February)

Sooner or later (or never)
    Ad Maiora
    ALLUMINOGENI Metafisico
    Asgard "Ragnarøkkr"
    Entity "Il Naufragio della speranza" (rerecorded)
    Falena
    Fonderia (probability reduced)
    Homo Ex Machina
    Höstsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    La Nuova Raccomandata con Ricevuta di Ritorno
    Logos (probability reduced)
    Melting Clock (first half of 2019)
    Murple (probability reduced)
    Psycho Praxis (probability reduced)
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto
    Alphataurus Atto 3
    Ske second album
    Le Maschere di Clara (probability reduced)
    Disequazione -"2084"
    Basta! (closing in)
    Barock Project
    G.F. Piazza Live (ex PFM)
    La Bocca della Verita
    Cellar Noise
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    Ianva
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre
    Sezione Frenante
    Aqua Fragile
    Thank you for these updates. It's really hard to keep track of what's what in RPI so you are doing a fine service!!!
    The Prog Corner

Mad Fellaz III... thanks for reminding! though with A.Farronato they sounded fresher

the one I'm especially looking forward to above all others is the 2nd SKE
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

"Banco del Mutuo Soccorso" have signed with INSIDEOUT Music for their new album Transiberiana

New compi (remastered stuff) by Orchestre Celesti

https://orchestrecelesti.bandcamp.co...retrospectives

Surprise Comeback by 70s band Dalton. Good start into the new year.

Gotta put in a plug for this one. I don't have the first 2 Dalton albums. A cross between Deep Purple and Jethro Tull didn't have them high on my priority list. Anyway, I listened to this in it's entirety on Bandcamp, and then bought the CD and the limited vinyl editions. For me, a near masterpiece of pastoral beauty. I would say it's like a cross between the first Reale Accademia di Musica album, and Loreeena McKennitt circa The Mask and the Mirror. If that sounds like something you'd like, definitely give this a listen. If you're looking for something edgy or jarring, this is a definite pass. I don't usually buy enough current to have a year end 10 best, but if I did, this would certainly make mine this year.

https://daltonprog.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Gotta put in a plug for this one. I don't have the first 2 Dalton albums. A cross between Deep Purple and Jethro Tull didn't have them high on my priority list. Anyway, I listened to this in it's entirety on Bandcamp, and then bought the CD and the limited vinyl editions. For me, a near masterpiece of pastoral beauty. I would say it's like a cross between the first Reale Accademia di Musica album, and Loreeena McKennitt circa The Mask and the Mirror. If that sounds like something you'd like, definitely give this a listen. If you're looking for something edgy or jarring, this is a definite pass. I don't usually buy enough current to have a year end 10 best, but if I did, this would certainly make mine this year.

https://daltonprog.bandcamp.com/
    I also streamed the Album and was pleasently surprised. Very lovely stuff, will be part of my next order in Italy.

"Banco del Mutuo Soccorso" have signed with INSIDEOUT Music for their new album Transiberiana
    That is great news!!! Man I hope they release something worthy of the name...
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    the one I'm especially looking forward to above all others is the 2nd SKE
    Absolutely!!!
    The Prog Corner