Page 26 of 116 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    With Ged Lynch on drums and David Rhodes on guitar Di Tollo has 2/3 of The David Rhodes Band ;-)
    Just received the new Maurizio Di Tollo-CD and I have to correct myself: Rhodes and Lynch only play on one track, on all other songs the Italians rule.
    Fine CD again, although less symphonic.

How come no one has made any announcements on the new Armonite. I like a lot what I hear.

First track of the album:

The line-up:

Jacopo Bigi - electric violin
    Paolo Fosso - keyboards
    Colin Edwin - bass
    Jasper Barendregt - drums

The entire album can be downloaded for free from the band's website!

^^

Good to see them back, I'm sure this release was mentioned somewhere here (not on this thread) that's why I didn't post it.
    (I'm always glad someone else takes care, so thank you Zalmoxe)

VIII Strada teaser

La fabbrica dell'assoluto CD out now

Collettivio Ginsberg - second album soon

Malibran . Le porte del silenzio (remixed) out now

MARCHESI SCAMORZA - Hypnophonia CD out now

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

Good to see them back, I'm sure this release was mentioned somewhere here (not on this thread) that's why I didn't post it.
    (I'm always glad someone else takes care, so thank you Zalmoxe)
    The only mention of the new album was in a post for the Gagliarchives show on Saturday evenings. Not sure how many people look at it. Such important news must be hosted here, on the RPI thread.

thank you for the info

La fabbrica dell'assoluto CD out now

I' ve heard La fabbrica dell'assoluto on spotify and you tube.....great band!!!
    Maybe one of the most beautiful releases of this year....very '70, i'll buy the album very soon, thank you for let me know this band.
    P.S i've read that they have recorded a song called "La canzone del castagno" with the original singer of rovescio della medaglia Pino Ballarini great here a link to youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHZvr_dThOQ

Hello all,
    First of all this is my first post on this great forum!

Anybody have an idea when the new album of Egonon will surface? Info about them is quite scarce on the net. I remember that it was gonna be called In Vitro but nothing else...

Risveglio was one hell of a debut for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Returnity View Post
    Hello all,
    First of all this is my first post on this great forum!

Anybody have an idea when the new album of Egonon will surface? Info about them is quite scarce on the net. I remember that it was gonna be called In Vitro but nothing else...

Risveglio was one hell of a debut for sure!
    Hmmm...

I really don't know, but it doesn't look good. Fact is that the album was recorded and already mixed in summer 2014.

Since then there was no real info. Their Facebook site seems to be gone..

Before that they posted something like "In Vitro is seeping in, in murky Drops" (loose Translation from Italian) early this year.

I'm realy looking forward to this one, but I'm afraid that something is wrong here...

You really think this belongs to the best current Italian prog?

Quote Originally Posted by aplodon View Post
    No, I don't. But I know many people like this band.

Suspended
    There is apparently a new Nosound album in progress:
    Is going to be a more stark and unsettling affair, exploring the origin of feelings (love, fear etc.), this time not only celebrating but questioning as well their very nature and place in our life.
    Sounds interesting.

I believe Nosound qualify as Italian, even though the band is now based in the UK.

I want to thank all the folks who have kept this thread going and current. I applaud and appreciate your efforts.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by aplodon View Post
    "The best" is a highly subjective term, and no, it's NOT something we can all agree on. For instance, some folks are totally enthralled by Homuculus Res, just because it exhibits some trappings of the Canterbury sound. To me,that does not get you a free pass. For my tastes, some of the best include Distillerie di Malto, RanestRane, H2O, Oxhuitza, Camera Chiara, etc, but I certainly don't expect everyone to share my views. If so, this fantastic thread would not have run 26 pages and still be going strong. Keep 'em coming, Mr. H!

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    "The best" is a highly subjective term, and no, it's NOT something we can all agree on.
    Of course, no one will argue with that. But the OP asked for recommendations on what people think is The Best Current Italian Prog, which you would expect to be a not overly long list of personal favorites. He didn't ask for recommendations on Any Current Italian Prog, Whether You Like It Very Much Or Not. No wonder it's run for 26 pages. But if the OP is happy, so am I.

Le Orme and UT (New Trolls) are working on new Albums.

Le Orme and UT (New Trolls) are working on new Albums.
    Good to hear Le Orme are still active. I actually quite liked their last album, though it seemed to bore a lot of people.

The La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto album arrived in the mail this week. Lovely, classic-sounding RPI from a modern band on the Black Widow label.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

La Curva Di Lesmo is stunning! One of the years best albums.

La Fabbrica deĺl'assoluto is also really great

Quote Originally Posted by David Elliott View Post
    La Fabbrica deĺl'assoluto is also really great
    Yes, I'm really enjoying it. Highly recommended to any RPI lover. I like the photo on the inside of the CD where an LP copy of Crimson's "In The Wake Of Poseidon" is prominently displayed among their gear.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

does somebody know when castello di atlante gonna release their new cd it was suppose to be finished long time ago they recorded again with the guy from le orme
    but it been a lot time if somebody have new ???

Quote Originally Posted by clauper View Post
    does somebody know when castello di atlante gonna release their new cd it was suppose to be finished long time ago they recorded again with the guy from le orme
    but it been a lot time if somebody have new ???
    They are not very informative (like most italian bands). Toni Pagliuca was somewhat busy to Play on the anniversary tour of Le Orme as guest and writting and recording a Prog album for his holiness the Pope.

Guess it will take some more time.

Quote Originally Posted by David Elliott View Post
    La Curva Di Lesmo is stunning! One of the years best albums.
    You got me excited. I have ordered it yesterday from Wayside and I am waiting to get it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    The La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto album arrived in the mail this week. Lovely, classic-sounding RPI from a modern band on the Black Widow label.
    Ever since I got it, I can't stop playing it. Such a great example of what RPI can still do to us.

Hmmm...

I really don't know, but it doesn't look good. Fact is that the album was recorded and already mixed in summer 2014.

Since then there was no real info. Their Facebook site seems to be gone..

Before that they posted something like "In Vitro is seeping in, in murky Drops" (loose Translation from Italian) early this year.

I'm realy looking forward to this one, but I'm afraid that something is wrong here...
    That is not the only album we are still waiting to be released. Whatever happened to the new Moogg and the new Grand Turismo Veloce? I thought those were supposed to be released many moons ago.