Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2884

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=9953#reviews
    read the review of Aussie-Byrd-Brother
    totally agreed

Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    I found this album to be a big disappointment. I had high expectations, but after 2 listens I was done. Anyway, their four "seasons" albums are all way better than Cupid and Psyche. But by far their best album is the 2012 release "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", which has some pretty rocking moments. I'm still hoping for a follow up to "Rime".
    The music to part 2 is already written, so hopefully it won't take to long before it's recorded.

Funny, just a few days ago I listened to Hostsonaten's Winterthrough and Autumnsymphony. Good stuff.

Been checking out Warm Spaced Blue by Ingranaggi Della Valle, and that is some seriously good music! May scoop this one up soon.

Has anyone heard anything about La Torre Dell'Alchimista? I'd heard they were working on a third album, but that was a while ago. Neo is a pinnacle achievement in classical-infused symphonic rock, IMO. Really would like to hear more from those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about La Torre Dell'Alchimista? I'd heard they were working on a third album, but that was a while ago. Neo is a pinnacle achievement in classica
    Third album is still in the making, they just need ages to finish it.
    Last edited by TheH; 03-19-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emperorken View Post
    I found this album to be a big disappointment. I had high expectations, but after 2 listens I was done. Anyway, their four "seasons" albums are all way better than Cupid and Psyche. But by far their best album is the 2012 release "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", which has some pretty rocking moments. I'm still hoping for a follow up to "Rime".
    Thanks for the feedback. I might try Rime - definitely would like to hear some rock influence.

EDIT: I tried buying Rime (live album?) from Hostsonaten's website but they were sold out. I bought Autumnsymphany instead.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 03-19-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    What a voice.
    That reduced me to tears, then I go on YouTube and watch a 1977 concert by them followed by Live In Bloom and well i've been using lots of tissues. Not sure why the vocals move me so much, but yes, what a voice.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

New album by Kalisantrope

New album by Cantina Sociale (now instrumental, their vocalist is with Arti & Mestieri)

Upcoming new album by Oscillazioni Alchemico Kreative (better known as O.A.K. (Jerry Cutillo))
    They (he) might be better known as a Jethro Tull cover act, but they do some brilliant original stuff (with lots of Star guests).

Yeaahh!

Very nice!

New album by Mogador

A slightly revised what's to come list (of course rather incomplete)

Astralia
    Fonderia
    FEM Prog Band
    Gran Turismo Veloce (already mixed last year)
    PFM (in the Studio right now)
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso - Orlando
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre - Il'Ludere (Early May)
    Egonon (album is finished, they are looking for a lable)
    SynCage - Unlike Here (May 5th)
    Il Fauno Di Marmo
    Ianva (in the studio right now)
    Il Giardino Onirico (status unkown)
    La Tore dell'Alchimista (if they ever finish it :-) )
    Mad Crayon (in the works for over 2 years now)
    Quarto Vuoto - Illusioni (Spring)
    SKE - Live (if he ever releases this one)
    Laviàntica
    Verganti - Atlas
    Accordo dei Contrari - Violato Intatto (april 21rst)
    Una Stagione all'Inferno - Il Mostro di Firence
    Unreal City (September 2017)
    Il Cerchio d'Oro
    DAAL - Decalogue of Darkness
    DAAL - (second project)
    Mauro Montobbio (Narrow Pass)
    Höstsonaten - Ancient Mariner Part 2
    PHOENIX Again - Unexplored (soon)
    Garden Wall (maybe)
    Malibran - 'Live Anthology' (1994-2001) (May)
    Dropshard (in the studio right now)
    Entity (reworked (unreleased) early album (just a maybe))
    Semiramis Live DVD (to be recorded next week, including two new songs)
    Il Bacio della Medusa (in the studio right now)
    Il Segno del Comando (in the studio right now)
    Syndone (just started writing new songs)
    Asgard - "Ragnarøkkr"
    Black Jester

P.S.
    Not a Good Sign
    Last edited by TheH; 04-16-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    [...]
    FEM Prog Band
    [...]
    There's new material in the works from those guys? I loved Sulla Bolla di Sapone, and would really like to hear some more stuff from them.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    SKE Live would be great
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    There's new material in the works from those guys? I loved Sulla Bolla di Sapone, and would really like to hear some more stuff from them.
    Looks like it. They have also their first vocalist back in the fold, so it's going to be their 3rd release with 3 different vocalists each.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    SKE Live would be great
    Would love that! But I don't really believe it will be released (just hoping).

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Am I missing something with Hostsonaten. I bought the last released and bought a second that has to do with Autumn. It has nice violin and pleasant music but it just don't fully resonate. Should I be looking at a different release?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Am I missing something with Hostsonaten. I bought the last released and bought a second that has to do with Autumn. It has nice violin and pleasant music but it just don't fully resonate. Should I be looking at a different release?
    Most of their stuff is rather in the way of that "Autumn" release (somewhat folky symph Prog). Ancient Mariner ist really different with lots of vocals.

A slightly revised what's to come list (of course rather incomplete)...
    Thanks for all these updates, it is appreciated. i keep my "to look for" list updated based on a lot of these.

Do you happen to know if Progenesi are working on anything? Just listened to their debut last night and enjoyed it, and wondered if they had plans for another one.

Cheers,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Thanks for all these updates, it is appreciated. i keep my "to look for" list updated based on a lot of these.

Do you happen to know if Progenesi are working on anything? Just listened to their debut last night and enjoyed it, and wondered if they had plans for another one.

Cheers,

Bill
    Sorry I think they are gone with the wind. I looks like the were going for some live dates after their album, but some members refused
    to do so, so that was their end.

Sorry I think they are gone with the wind. I looks like the were going for some live dates after their album, but some members refused
    to do so, so that was their end.
    Bummer. Not shocking, but still a bummer. I thought they were among the best of the more recent crop. Thanks for the info, disappointing as it is to hear.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    That one is part of a four album series about the seasons... all of those are fairly similar in style. I'd recommend their first two (the debut is actually still credited in part to Finisterre). Mirrorgames is one of my favourites.

More than half of this list makes me very excited! Thanks for compiling that.

I wish Unreal City wasn't all the way to September. Oh well, I have no choice but to wait...

Agreed that the Progenesi disc is fantastic. A shame there won't be a second.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I wish Unreal City wasn't all the way to September. Oh well, I have no choice but to wait...
    It seem they want to wait for the Vinyl to be pressed, wich is the reason for the delay.
    The album itself seems to be already recorded and mixed, so maybe they release the CD earlier.

Most of their stuff is rather in the way of that "Autumn" release (somewhat folky symph Prog). Ancient Mariner ist really different with lots of vocals.
    I call it "The Zuffanti touch", though, it must be said, his "La Quarta Vittima" eludes the norm:

Would love that! But I don't really believe it will be released (just hoping).
    It will. Beleive it or not, i have the master of this one since july or august 2016. Still not sure why it is stuck. It will be included as a second disc to the long due reissue of 1000 Autunni. As a matter of facts, it will be called 1001 Autunni.
    Quick update of SKE-related projects:
    ATM we are rehearsing the 3rd Not a Good Sign, we have booked the studio the end of June.
    In September Yugen will come back live, opening for Miriodor in Milano. More Yugen related soon.
    Homunculus Res are releasing a new one this year, it will be called "Della stessa sostanza dei sogni"

Thanks!