Page 34 of 116 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hmmm... strange, as it's not there now. Nor is it at Lasers Edge, Synphonic, Kinesis, BTF, Record Heaven, Amazon or their own website.

Ahh well! I can be patient.
    Watch their lables site for the release...

http://www.maracash.com/store.htm

There will be some live Albums by Maschera di Cera very soon.

There series is called "Live from the Past" and will feature single concerts.

Update from Banco del Mutuo Soccorso official:

A few time ago, we had the idea to release a new concept album, inspired to 1532 Ariosto's poem "Orlando Furioso"... an ideal continuum with the first album released 44 years ago.

In the meantime, lot of things happened, but we can't stop that idea. That's how we have now new music for 3 albums.

We're almost there with one of these in particular, and it sounds like one of our big shouts.

Orlando is about peace between people coming from different religions. We do play for Instanbul today.

13495204_488854221312750_7782625828939246711_n.jpg

Additionally, it was announced today Banco will come back to live activity on July -line-up not revelead yet. Show in Italy, of course.

OAK best known as a Jethro Tull cover band (they often perform with past JT members).

They also do some Albums with original Music which are very good indeed (and not just JT clone stuff)

Le Maschere di Clara with a cool Interpretation on Walt Disney's Fantasia

Some updates

The new Ingranaggi della Valle Album seems to be postponed to September (and may feature a different (much darker) cover than the one i've posted earlier).

There will be a "Il Baccio della Medusa" live Album in autumn (October I think). I hoped for a new Studio one, but at least something new from them.

Il Rumore Bianco will also have their first full length Album out in November

Also in November there will be the first Album by La Promenade (what I heared so far sounded awesome)

I allready gave this one up, but finally there will be a new Album by UNIVERSAL TOTEM ORCHESTRA ! Most likley in September.

and finally Il Cerchio d'Oro are also working on a new Album...
    Last edited by TheH; 07-06-2016 at 09:28 AM.

Decent retro rock: Focus Indulgens - "Vespri"

After five years of silence threre will be a new Album by DORACOR soon..

Syncage a new band about to release their debut, very cool mix of styles

Banned
    Menimals s/t, 2016

Bandcamp link

"The record is quiet but not ambient, more necromantic than psychedelic, very distinctive and damn hard to describe."
    thequietus.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Syncage a new band about to release their debut, very cool mix of styles

Yeah hey I dug that !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    An amazing jazz rock / fusion full-lenght album entitled Italian Luxury Style by Moogg from Italy
    Favourite track: Ieri / Italian Luxury I

http://mellowrecords.bandcamp.com/al...xury-style-new

Personnel:
    Marco Dolfini - drums, percussion, vocals
    Toni Gafforini - keyboards
    Roberto Matiz - bass
    Ivan Vanoglio - guitars

Released May 16, 2016
    So.... what's the deal with this one anyway? I love Le ore, i giorni gli anni, which is about the best Canterbury styled Italian album I've ever heard, this side of Picchio dal Pozzo's debut anyway. And was excited to buy this one on CD when I first heard about it. But.... best I can tell, it's download only? What the Helga? I'll admit the title scares me a bit too. It sounds like a Shibuya-Kei album similar to Fantastic Plastic Machine! If it's great, most assuredly it will be released in a physical asset form (LP/CD)?

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    So.... what's the deal with this one anyway? I love Le ore, i giorni gli anni, which is about the best Canterbury styled Italian album I've ever heard, this side of Picchio dal Pozzo's debut anyway. And was excited to buy this one on CD when I first heard about it. But.... best I can tell, it's download only? What the Helga? I'll admit the title scares me a bit too. It sounds like a Shibuya-Kei album similar to Fantastic Plastic Machine! If it's great, most assuredly it will be released in a physical asset form (LP/CD)?
    Mellow Records changed their release modus mainly to Downloads since some time. Most of the few new releases they do usually come out on CD somewhat later.

I'm waiting for the CD release, so let's hope it will be out soon.

Mellow Records changed their release modus mainly to Downloads since some time. Most of the few new releases they do usually come out on CD somewhat later.

I'm waiting for the CD release, so let's hope it will be out soon.
    That's a pity regarding Mellow's release strategy. Nothing for me to buy I guess. Oh well. Like yourself, I'll await patiently for a CD - or even LP - issue. I'd rather not hear it until then. Thanks for the response!

Banned
    Monarca s/t debut (physical CD available)

Bandcamp link

Attachment 8057

Released July 13, 2016

I asked Greg Walker about this release and he said he should get it fairly soon. So, fingers crossed everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I asked Greg Walker about this release and he said he should get it fairly soon. So, fingers crossed everyone
    Cool - thanks Eddie for the update!

Apparently the Submarine Silence disc is due out in September now.

Picked up the two La Maschera Di Cera live discs as well as the new Il Castello Di Atlante album... looking forward to enjoying all of them this weekend!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Cool - thanks Eddie for the update!
    Tom, I re-read Greg's reply to make sure I am not misinforming you. He actually said that he last heard the Moogg is delayed, but he does plan on stocking it when it will become available. So again, let's all hope that it will materialize after all.

Apparently the Submarine Silence disc is due out in September now.

Picked up the two La Maschera Di Cera live discs as well as the new Il Castello Di Atlante album... looking forward to enjoying all of them this weekend!
    Please let me know what you think of them then.

Meseglise (follow up band to Sithonia) have a new Album out.

Entity will rerelease a slightly reworked older Album that was recorded years before "Il falso centro" on Tape only.

Meseglise (follow up band to Sithonia) have a new Album out.
    Most curious about this one. I always thought Sithonia to be unheralded, and released some superb material, including their last reformation album 5 years ago. Any idea what direction Meseglise will present?

Most curious about this one. I always thought Sithonia to be unheralded, and released some superb material, including their last reformation album 5 years ago. Any idea what direction Meseglise will present?
    I'm not 100% sure if they are a side project or the follow up to Sithonia. But it is their second Album allready, you can find a lot of samples from the first one on YT.

From the new one

Please let me know what you think of them then.
    Listened to the two La Maschera Di Cera live discs, and while the performances/material are great, they are basically 'official bootleg' quality. Rather hollow sounding IMO. Nice to have them, but I feel they should be a few bucks cheaper.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Listened to the two La Maschera Di Cera live discs, and while the performances/material are great, they are basically 'official bootleg' quality. Rather hollow sounding IMO. Nice to have them, but I feel they should be a few bucks cheaper.
    Thanks for the info, that's what I expected. They are indeed pricey for that, so I will reconsider buying them.