Page 67 of 116 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2884

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Sara D'Arielli's voice and the style of the band reminds me a bit of the late 80s sound of Alice(at least in this track).
    https://www.facebook.com/Visaree.Band/
    Carla Bissi aka Alice worked with lots of Prog stars including members of KC, Peter Gabriel band, Battiato and Peter Hammill. And I was impressed by her on various levels

Last edited by TheH; 12-21-2018 at 04:47 PM.

I'm just in a Italian listening binge:

La Coscienza di Zeno- Una vita migliore

Very good new album (maybe their best so far) very melodic, very natural.

Baba Yoga – L’Uomo Progressivo

Wow, weirdest (in a good way) album I listend to in ages. Like Pink Floyd, Gong and Comus doing a ongoing Jam session with Italian singer/songwriters. Feat. lots of guests (members of Banco, Jumbo,
    R.R.R., Goblin, Osanna etc.).

What a trip, I f* love it!

Il Segno del Comando-L'Incanto dello Zero

Dark and heavy! I obey they Sign of Command!

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I'm just in a Italian listening binge:

Wow, weirdest (in a good way) album I listend to in ages. Like Pink Floyd, Gong and Comus doing a ongoing Jam session with Italian singer/songwriters. Feat. lots of guests (members of Banco, Jumbo,
    R.R.R., Goblin, Osanna etc.).

What a trip, I f* love it!

Il Segno del Comando-L'Incanto dello Zero

Dark and heavy! I obey they Sign of Command!
    Really good to hear about these. I was sort of on the fence about Zeno after their last one. Segno's last album was great too. And Baba Yaga is a new name to me, but sounds excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Really good to hear about these. I was sort of on the fence about Zeno after their last one. Segno's last album was great too. And Baba Yaga is a new name to me, but sounds excellent!
    I loved Zenos debut, wasn't to wild on the next two. The new one is great though.
    Segno is awesome as always.

Baba Yoga (misspelling is intentional) was a huge surprise, I didn't expect anything
    from this one. This album changes every minute but has a great flow like it's just one
    track. Awesome!

Very glad to hear this! I just ordered a copy, along with the new FEM one.

Vittorio Di Scalzi & Nico di Palo (of New Trolls) - Due di Noi

New ground isn't being broken here but it is an excellent comfort listen. Available on Spotify.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

anything new from Doracor?

My Italian collection is constantly growing. It's my favorite of all Prog at the moment. If you need any help with any of the titles, just ask.

https://rateyourmusic.com/collection...r/stag/italy/1

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    anything new from Doracor?
    Sadly no sign of life for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by progprinter View Post
    My Italian collection is constantly growing. It's my favorite of all Prog at the moment. If you need any help with any of the titles, just ask.

Nice collection Progprinter, feel free to share your thoughts here..

Hello Lew, nice to see you posting here.

Nice collection Progprinter, feel free to share your thoughts here..
    Thanks H. I've been gone a long time. Just kinda feeling my way around at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hello Lew, nice to see you posting here.
    Nice to see a familiar name!

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet. I wrote a review for this one. In my opinion, one of the most important Italian albums released in the last few years. I love this record.

Maurizio Di Tollo - Memorie di Uno Sparring Partner

Prog is a term that gets thrown around a bit too much lately. If it can't be pigeon-holed into a mainstream genre, it must be "Prog........."

Maurizio Di Tollo, the incredible drummer/multi instrumentalist that has graced many notable albums by Finisterre, Maschera Di Cera, Hostsonaten, Moongarden, Distillerie Di Malto, The Watch and L'Ombra Della Sera has once again made a foray into solo album territory and what an incredible album this is.

"Memorie Di Uno Sparring Partner" (Memoirs Of A Sparring Partner) is the second album by this talented artist. It's is by no means a "Prog" album, but it is however a great and stylishly elegant rock album.

Maurizio has shed all his previous band mates and embarked on an album with a new lineup ( I don't recognize any of the names, but I'm sure some are notable in the Italian Prog genre) and a fresh approach to the music that moves him.

I do not speak Italian, so I can only presume the title infers the duality that must exist in Maurizio's musical world; between the music he had to play with someone else, and the music he himself had within him the entire time. Somewhere, he had to strike a balance between those two worlds until he could bring this album to fruition.

I listen to this album quite frequently. I know a lot of music and I really try to draw comparisons in this music to other music I and many others enjoy. I always come back with the same feeling; that I've never heard anything like it. The album is in my opinion, one of the most important and original albums to come out of Italy in quite a long time.

Listen for yourself. Draw your own conclusions, but by all means LISTEN. Maurizio Di Tollo has arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nt...oBykTHh0mK2iG-

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    >Mad Fellaz 2018/2019

We have a release date for this one: January 26th. Unimaginatively titled "III"

Attachment 12499
    Hello Tom, thanks for the H.U.!
    I've been listening to their debut album: what a great piece of work IMO!!.

https://youtu.be/NJ8PexdDeJY

Pura vida!!
    Happy Holidays!.

Thanks for the info on Mad Fellaz. I've added them to my list.

Thanks for the info on Mad Fellaz. I've added them to my list.
    Hi Lew!.
    I'm glad to see you here!
    Tomas Casanova from Costa Rica:
    Great talk and memories shared at the Progressive Music Society yahoo group!.

Pura vida!.

Hello Tomas! Thanx for the welcome!

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet. I wrote a review for this one. In my opinion, one of the most important Italian albums released in the last few years. I love this record.

Prog is a term that gets thrown around a bit too much lately. If it can't be pigeon-holed into a mainstream genre, it must be "Prog........."

Maurizio Di Tollo, the incredible drummer/multi instrumentalist that has graced many notable albums by Finisterre, Maschera Di Cera, Hostsonaten, Moongarden, Distillerie Di Malto, The Watch and L'Ombra Della Sera has once again made a foray into solo album territory and what an incredible album this is.

"Memorie Di Uno Sparring Partner" (Memoirs Of A Sparring Partner) is the second album by this talented artist. It's is by no means a "Prog" album, but it is however a great and stylishly elegant rock album.

Maurizio has shed all his previous band mates and embarked on an album with a new lineup ( I don't recognize any of the names, but I'm sure some are notable in the Italian Prog genre) and a fresh approach to the music that moves him.

I do not speak Italian, so I can only presume the title infers the duality that must exist in Maurizio's musical world; between the music he had to play with someone else, and the music he himself had within him the entire time. Somewhere, he had to strike a balance between those two worlds until he could bring this album to fruition.

I listen to this album quite frequently. I know a lot of music and I really try to draw comparisons in this music to other music I and many others enjoy. I always come back with the same feeling; that I've never heard anything like it. The album is in my opinion, one of the most important and original albums to come out of Italy in quite a long time.

Listen for yourself. Draw your own conclusions, but by all means LISTEN. Maurizio Di Tollo has arrived.

I think I own a ton of albums Maurizio is on. I never got into his second solo album,
    can't remember why… (too much other music…)

I will give another spin soon...

(and I wouldn't mind another Distillerie di Malto album...)

I think I own a ton of albums Maurizio is on. I never got into his second solo album,
    can't remember why… (too much other music…)

I will give another spin soon...

(and I wouldn't mind another Distillerie di Malto album...)
    Like I said, I listen to it often. I too would love another Distillerie di Malto album!

Released and though removed from the list
    FEM Prog Band -Geni Mutanti
    Ellesmere – From Sea And Beyond
    Tacita Intesa-"FARO"

Coming soon (some very soon)
    Celeste-IL RISVEGLIO DEL PRINCIPE
    Il Castello di Atlante-SIAMO NOI I SIGNORI DELLE TERRE A NORD (Oct.) rerecorded first album plus
    Conqueror
    Mad Fellaz - III (26th January)
    Pholas Dactylus - Hieros Gamos (January)
    PAOLO SIANI feat. NUOVA IDEA - The Leprechaun's Pot of Gold
    Fabio Gremo - DON'T BE SCARED OF TRYING

Sooner or later (or never)
    Ad Maiora
    ALLUMINOGENI Metafisico
    Asgard "Ragnarøkkr"
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso Orlando
    Entity "Il Naufragio della speranza" (rerecorded)
    Falena
    Fonderia
    Homo Ex Machina
    Höstsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    La Nuova Raccomandata con Ricevuta di Ritorno
    Logos
    Melting Clock (first half of 2019)
    Murple
    Psycho Praxis
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto
    Alphataurus Atto 3
    Ske second album
    Le Maschere di Clara
    Eris Pluvia - Tales from another Time
    Disequazione -"2084"
    Basta!
    Barock Project
    Phoenix Again
    G.F. Piazza Live (ex PFM)
    La Bocca della Verita
    Cellar Noise
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    Eveline's Dust - K [new]
    Macchina Pneumatica - Riflessi Maschere [new]
    Ianva [new]
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre [new]
    Sezione Frenante [new]
    Francesco di Giacomo (archival album) [new]
    Aerostation [new]
    Aqua Fragile [new]
    Last edited by TheH; 12-25-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Great, great album, although I love his first one, "L'Uomo Trasparane" even more.

He plays a very small role on the new Moongarden (just as another favourite of mine, Andrea Chimenti), but I'd love to see a new solo-album.
    https://www.facebook.com/MauriziodiTollo/ may hint on one in September next year (but I don't read Italian either).

A release that escaped me. This is Alex Carpani's new project.
    (and released by Aereostella a lable that I thought was gone…)

[QUOTE=TheH;866470]Released and though removed from the list

La Bocca della Verita

If you mean the album, "Avenoth," it's a must have in my opinion.

[QUOTE=progprinter;866665]
    Released and though removed from the list

La Bocca della Verita

If you mean the album, "Avenoth," it's a must have in my opinion.
    Avenoth is a great album for sure. As you see I listed them under "sooner or later".
    You can hear tiny bits from their upcoming second album on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/laboccadellaveritaprog
    Last edited by TheH; 12-26-2018 at 12:53 PM.