Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

  1. #1451
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    As not to much is going on a classic from the past (for fans of Goblin):


  2. #1452
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I don't know who filmed this, but after seeing these guys at ROSfest this weekend I have a new favorite Italian prog band.

    Barock Project is my wife's favorite Italian Band. She's addicted to Detachment. I got to admit the keyboardist is an amazing composer. Needless to say new BP albums are autobuy.

  3. #1453
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    As not to much is going on a classic from the past (for fans of Goblin):

    Most of the time, I opt for Movie DVD's In lieu of purchasing "soundtrack of films" by Directors: Mario Bava, Lucio Fulci, Werner Herzog, and Jesus Franco.

    Dario Argento is the exception. When it comes to Argento, I buy the Movie and the soundtrack.

    Does my heart good to see H post "The Beyond".

  4. #1454
    I've been devouring the debut album by Arca Progjet.


  5. #1455
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    I've been devouring the debut album by Arca Progjet.
    On the shopping list for some time, if even for Pagani, Venegoni and Vitale only.

  6. #1456
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    On the shopping list for some time, if even for Pagani, Venegoni and Vitale only.
    After a slight 2018 Italian drought, we got a drizzling of Italian bands on Progstreaming. "Seven of the last Nine" are Italian, with "Marygold"- ( a Fishy Marillion feeling band with vocals reminiscent of David Bowie's lower register ) providing a neo retro soaker of an album.

    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 05-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.

  7. #1457
    New debut album...


  8. #1458
    Just picked up 2 of Macroscream albums. Symphonic/Folk Eclectric

    Very good indeed!.........

  9. #1459
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    Just picked up 2 of Macroscream albums. Symphonic/Folk Eclectric

    Very good indeed!.........
    Juup, the second one is awesome and a little bit like a relaxed Gentle Giant. First one is nice too, but the vocalist is somewhat to bluesy.

  10. #1460
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    R.I.P. Sergio Lattuada (Maxophone Keyboards)

    Maxophone also disbanded finally as a reaction...

  11. #1461
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    R.I.P. Sergio Lattuada (Maxophone Keyboards)

    Maxophone also disbanded finally as a reaction...
    Sad news indeed!.....

  12. #1462
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,451
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    R.I.P. Sergio Lattuada (Maxophone Keyboards)

    Maxophone also disbanded finally as a reaction...
    A great loss. I'm surprised no one's talking about this or how great Maxophone was. So sad.
    Prog's Not Dead

  13. #1463
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    R.I.P. Sergio Lattuada (Maxophone Keyboards)

    Maxophone also disbanded finally as a reaction...
    That is sad news.

    That first Maxophone disc was one of my favorites, in no small part due to his keyboard playing.

  14. #1464
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Although not really much changed since last time: A new list of things to come (maybe)
    (Una Stagione all'Inferno finally managed to get their album out)

    Albums deleted since the last list where released.

    Astralia
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso Orlando
    Black Jester
    Conqueror (recording)
    DAAL Decalogue of Darkness
    DAAL (second project)
    Egonon In Vitro (album is finished, they are looking for a lable)
    Entity (reworked (unreleased) early album (just a maybe))
    Falena
    FEM Prog Band
    Fonderia
    Gran Turismo Veloce
    Hollowscene (former Baanau)
    Homo Ex Machina
    H÷stsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Bacio della Medusa (in the studio right now) Seme*
    Il Fauno Di Marmo
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    Il Segno del Comando
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    La Tore dell'Alchimista (if they ever finish it :
    Lamana´f
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    LaviÓntica The Experience
    Leviathan
    Logos
    Mad Crayon (in the works for over 2 years now)
    Mauro Montobbio (Narrow Pass)
    Melting Clock (2018)
    Moongarden
    Murple
    Old Rock City Orchestra
    Psycho Praxis
    RanestRane Starchild 31th May
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    SKE 1001 Autunni (Remaster of 1000 Autunni plus live album)
    Syndone Mysoginia
    The Winstons And the Stars above (May 25th)
    La Coscienza di Zeno Una vita migliore
    Mad Fellaz 2019

  15. #1465
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Although not really much changed since last time: A new list of things to come (maybe)
    (Una Stagione all'Inferno finally managed to get their album out)

    Albums deleted since the last list where released.

    Astralia
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso Orlando
    Black Jester
    Conqueror (recording)
    DAAL Decalogue of Darkness
    DAAL (second project)
    Egonon In Vitro (album is finished, they are looking for a lable)
    Entity (reworked (unreleased) early album (just a maybe))
    Falena
    FEM Prog Band
    Fonderia
    Gran Turismo Veloce
    Hollowscene (former Baanau)
    Homo Ex Machina
    H÷stsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Bacio della Medusa (in the studio right now) Seme*
    Il Fauno Di Marmo
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    Il Segno del Comando
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    La Tore dell'Alchimista (if they ever finish it :
    Lamana´f
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    LaviÓntica The Experience
    Leviathan
    Logos
    Mad Crayon (in the works for over 2 years now)
    Mauro Montobbio (Narrow Pass)
    Melting Clock (2018)
    Moongarden
    Murple
    Old Rock City Orchestra
    Psycho Praxis
    RanestRane Starchild 31th May
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    SKE 1001 Autunni (Remaster of 1000 Autunni plus live album)
    Syndone Mysoginia
    The Winstons And the Stars above (May 25th)
    La Coscienza di Zeno Una vita migliore
    Mad Fellaz 2019
    Wow H, you're a bastion of Italian information! Thanks for doing thy heavy lifting.

  16. #1466
    Member Since: 3/27/2002 MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of YHVH
    Posts
    2,338
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Although not really much changed since last time: A new list of things to come (maybe)
    (Una Stagione all'Inferno finally managed to get their album out)

    Albums deleted since the last list where released.

    Astralia
    Banco del Mutuo Soccorso Orlando
    Black Jester
    Conqueror (recording)
    DAAL Decalogue of Darkness
    DAAL (second project)
    Egonon In Vitro (album is finished, they are looking for a lable)
    Entity (reworked (unreleased) early album (just a maybe))
    Falena
    FEM Prog Band
    Fonderia
    Gran Turismo Veloce
    Hollowscene (former Baanau)
    Homo Ex Machina
    H÷stsonaten Ancient Mariner Part 2
    Il Bacio della Medusa (in the studio right now) Seme*
    Il Fauno Di Marmo
    Il Giardino Onirico
    Il Paradiso degli Orchi
    Il Segno del Comando
    Imagin'Aria E X E L I G E R E
    La Batteria
    La Tore dell'Alchimista (if they ever finish it :
    Lamana´f
    LatteMiele 2.0 (a spin off from Latte Miele)
    LaviÓntica The Experience
    Leviathan
    Logos
    Mad Crayon (in the works for over 2 years now)
    Mauro Montobbio (Narrow Pass)
    Melting Clock (2018)
    Moongarden
    Murple
    Old Rock City Orchestra
    Psycho Praxis
    RanestRane Starchild 31th May
    Raven Sad Leaf and a Wing 2019
    SKE 1001 Autunni (Remaster of 1000 Autunni plus live album)
    Syndone Mysoginia
    The Winstons And the Stars above (May 25th)
    La Coscienza di Zeno Una vita migliore
    Mad Fellaz 2019
    it would be great f you would please indicate which of those are instrumental... I absolutely adore the SKE
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

  17. #1467
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    it would be great f you would please indicate which of those are instrumental... I absolutely adore the SKE
    Not to many are instrumental: Most likely: "Il Giardino Onirico" and Daal, Fonderia and La Batteria (which are of course almost the same band) . That rerelease of that Ske album is written in the stars as Ske himself doesn't have to seem any influence on this one (see recent posts by himself), although he said (here) that another Ske studio album might be his next task.

  18. #1468
    Member Since: 3/27/2002 MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Kingdom of YHVH
    Posts
    2,338
    thanx H!

    that Fonderia is over a decade old is it not? I have one and ISTR it was a long time ago I got it
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

  19. #1469
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    thanx H!

    that Fonderia is over a decade old is it not? I have one and ISTR it was a long time ago I got it
    Yes I think their debut was from 2002 and their latest one from 2010 (or close). La Batteria are the same guys with a
    different drummer (I think).

  20. #1470
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Out on the 15th! Looking Forward to this one (don't like the cover though)




    Already out new Album by Marchesi Scamorza - Gemini (not to wild about this band but others are)

  21. #1471
    Il Bacio della Medusa! Great news H. That's an automatic auto-buy....I hope the album cover isn't a harbinger of the music ensconced inside.


    I've been listening to the Debut album by "Parafulmini", RIO/Avant-Prog Surf band featuring the "Patrizio Fariselli"- keyboardist for Area, for "going on" six months. Parafulmini refer to their style as "Progsurf". I concur and add "definite Zappa influence."

    Greg Walker carries the album. Link to Parfulmini's bandcamp page...
    https://parafulmini.bandcamp.com/alb...ta-dei-bambini

    Parafulmini posts Youtube promos instead of entire Youtube videos.





    Promo 2 out of 6 teasers.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3cZ...-AMLQO&index=2
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 06-02-2018 at 11:10 AM.

  22. #1472
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Some news by DAAL: They will have two new CDs out in different styles

    "Decalogue of Darkness" will be much (in my preferred) style of the "Dodecahedron" album
    and
    "Navels falling into a living Origami" in the their usual more electronic Prog style. A suite of rearranged and new stuff (50 min.)

  23. #1473
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    Il Bacio della Medusa! Great news H. That's an automatic auto-buy....I hope the album cover isn't a harbinger of the music ensconced inside.


    I've been listening to the Debut album by "Parafulmini", RIO/Avant-Prog Surf band featuring the "Patrizio Fariselli"- keyboardist for Area, for "going on" six months. Parafulmini refer to their style as "Progsurf". I concur and add "definite Zappa influence."

    Greg Walker carries the album. Link to Parfulmini's bandcamp page...
    https://parafulmini.bandcamp.com/alb...ta-dei-bambini

    Parafulmini posts Youtube promos instead of entire Youtube videos.
    Parafulmini are on my (rather long) backlist of things to buy, I think I posted about them some time ago.

    Il Bacio della Medusa are one of my fav Italian new bands and I'm very excited about this release.
    But I was told that they dropped their classical Prog approach for a more adventurous one, whatever this means.

  24. #1474
    Hey TheH, do you know of any CDs/artists that are comparable to La Torre Dell'Alchimista's Neo? That one still blows me away whenever I revisit it, and the wait for their follow-up has been killing me.

    Anyone here listen to Il Pianeta Degli Uomini Liberi by Macromarco? That was possibly my favorite release of 2009 by anyone.

  25. #1475
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Hey TheH, do you know of any CDs/artists that are comparable to La Torre Dell'Alchimista's Neo? That one still blows me away whenever I revisit it, and the wait for their follow-up has been killing me.
    I rate La Torre Dell'Alchimista's Neo still as the strongest Synph Prog release of this millennium, but there ain't much to compare.
    Maybe Egonon's Risveligio is close, but different.

    La Torre Dell'Alchimista where working on a new album for some time lately , but I giving up any hope for that one to be ever released.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •