Page 47 of 116 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2898

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

I recently made the switch from buying at BTF to buying from Pick Up Records. Not only is the shipping much cheaper, it's MUCH faster. Anyone else use them?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I recently made the switch from buying at BTF to buying from Pick Up Records. Not only is the shipping much cheaper, it's MUCH faster. Anyone else use them?
    Is it cheaper than buying from Laser Edge/Wayside/Greg Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I don't see how it could be, as it's still coming from overseas, right? Besides, it seems to me that the sellers you mentioned have already cut their margins about as much as can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I don't see how it could be, as it's still coming from overseas, right? Besides, it seems to me that the sellers you mentioned have already cut their margins about as much as can be done.
    Exactly! I was trying to understand why would someone buy from there instead of the usual NA sellers. Granted, the Italian stuff will get into your hands sooner than if you were to buy it from here, but I am willing to wait a little bit if I can save money.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Exactly! I was trying to understand why would someone buy from there instead of the usual NA sellers. Granted, the Italian stuff will get into your hands sooner than if you were to buy it from here, but I am willing to wait a little bit if I can save money.
    I'm talking about a lot of Italian-specific titles that are not always carried by the NA vendors (some of which I still do order from on a fairly regular basis). And for me, being in Canada, yes it is cheaper (or comparable). Shipping from the U.S. to Canada skyrocketed a couple of years ago.

That being said, I received a surprise customs bill from FedEx today, so it is not quite as worth it as I initially thought. :/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Shipping from the U.S. to Canada skyrocketed a couple of years ago.:/
    Tell me about it!!! With the low value of the Canadian Dollar, is getting even more brutal. Nowadays, all my Wayside and Laser Edge orders have 10+ albums, so the shipping charge per CD averages as low as possible. But buying 10 CDs at once almost inevitable brings my CC charge over the $200 CAD mark.

That being said, I received a surprise customs bill from FedEx today, so it is not quite as worth it as I initially thought. :/
    I assume you used FedEx for a rather large order. I think that recent changes in their policy force them to look at the value of goods that are shipped and then charge the dreaded custom fees. One can never win!!!

A new work by Quarto Vuoto - Illusioni

Seems to be an instrumental album. The band had a very good vocalist (and violin player) before, don't know what happend to him.

New track by Il Giardino Onirico live, hope the new album isn't to far away...

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I like both clips but Il Giardino Onirico resonates more with me.

New album by L'Albero Del Veleno - 'Tale Of A Dark Fate' in October (somewhat like Goblin)

The teaser sounds nice. have you heard their first album?

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I did hear a stream once, I think I wasn't to impressed back then. This new teaser sounds more interresting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I did hear a stream once, I think I wasn't to impressed back then. This new teaser sounds more interresting to me.
    Cool. Thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I have "Le Radici Del Male". It is ok, not top shelf, but a decent effort. Here are two songs:

I relistened these two songs and they must be the best on the album

I have "Le Radici Del Male". It is ok, not top shelf, but a decent effort. Here are two songs:

I relistened these two songs and they must be the best on the album
    Well, the teaser for the new album sounds nice.
    Thanks for posting those.

Is that most recent Taproban album all re-recordings? I should grab that soon. No luck finding the middle albums which are out of print and not even for sale on Discogs. Only for about a hundred bucks each on E-bay, last I checked.

Is that most recent Taproban album all re-recordings? I should grab that soon. No luck finding the middle albums which are out of print and not even for sale on Discogs. Only for about a hundred bucks each on E-bay, last I checked.
    No, most of the stuff is new, I think there are 4 remakes (but those are the longest tracks). Very good album.
    Last edited by TheH; 07-02-2017 at 01:36 PM.

^^^ My most anticipated album this year!

I'm looking forward to it too.

^^^ My most anticipated album this year!
    I have Egonon, Gran Turismo Veloce, La Torre del'Alchimista, Mad Crayon and Ezra Winston higher on my list...

But this one maybe the only one to really (ever) happen, so (realistic) number one for this year too!

Teaser for Homunculus Res' third album "Della stessa sostanza dei sogni"

Accordo Dei Contrari
    Ske
    Endless Season
    La Bocca della Verità

are my top 4 of the past few years
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Accordo Dei Contrari
    Ske
    Endless Season
    La Bocca della Verità

are my top 4 of the past few years
    Yes, Accordo Dei Contrari and SKE are Top artists. Waiting for the reworked SKE Album.

La Bocca della Verità's Album was really solid.

I didn't spend to much time one Endless Season, have to check them again. Weren't they some Mad Fellaz spin off?

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Teaser for Homunculus Res' third album "Della stessa sostanza dei sogni"
    That is the most un-listenable trailer I've ever heard. Way too little music previewed, and those fades between sections are super annoying.

I'm going to need to hear more of this album before making a decision on it. I like their first release, but was disappointed by the second one, which I felt was more of the same but just not as good as the debut. I know some preferred the second one, but I just spun it again recently and I just can't get into it. So I'll try the new one, but will definitely need to hear more before purchasing.

Bill