Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    ^^^

Wow, just had a chance to listen to this. It does sound promising! I have to give their first one a fresh spin, that's a new vocalist on the clip above, right?

Bill
    Yep, that is the new vocalist. The new album is very different from the first one, the Italian 70's influences are almost gone. Instead they play a
    more komplex jazzy modern Prog now. Most of the tracks are instrumental, I think there are about 4 tracks sung in English.

The album is based on themes around the Cthuhlu Mythos (H.P. Lovecraft) and is much darker than the first.

I like both albums, but would prefer the first one.
    Last edited by TheH; 12-17-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yep, that is the new vocalist. The new album is very different from the first one, the Italian 70's influences are almost gone. Instead they play a
    more komplex jazzy modern Prog now. Most of the tracks are instrumental, I think there are about 4 tracks sung in English.

The album is based on themes around the Cthuhlu Mythos (H.P. Lovecraft) and is much darker than the first.

I like both albums, but would prefer the fist one.
    Darn it, this was on Walker's recent update and I missed it. I'll order it soon.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Chichen Itza View Post
    Does anyone have the new Osanna, Pape Satan Allepe?

I bought the digital download, but something is amiss - this one is supposed to be a live CD, but the first 8 songs on the download are not Osanna, but another Italian band

The song listings look correct vs the rear of the CD inlay, but the music on the files doesn't match the titles

The concert picks up with the proper recordings, as titled, from tracks 9-20

The Itunes listing appears to be incorrect as well, as they show the exact same track times

Anyone have the actual CD?
    You are correct the downloads have a different band on the first 8 tracks. Not any band I heared before, maybe some other MaRaCash band
    like Fluido Rosa or something in a similar softer vein.

Would like to know who they are?

You are correct the downloads have a different band on the first 8 tracks. Not any band I heared before, maybe some other MaRaCash band

I'm curious if the CD was pressed in error as well

The tracks on Spotify are also incorrect

Me too. They sound quite good!

this just makes me wanna don some slippers by an open fire and roast my chestnuts

i.ain't.dead.irock

To answer my own question, just found this review on Amazon.it concerning the new Osanna

Sounds like the CD has the wrong tracks as well

"The CD is great for fans of the genre prog-rock, deadlines met as usual, perfect packaging, too bad it being understood AutoRip and then the music tracks to mp3 downloads, the first 8 does not correspond to the titles, but they are songs an Italian artist unknown to me, while the ninth song on (they are 20 total) there are the right tracks. Retired CD December 15 I made a complaint and I was told that by 21 I'd heard, but no one has contacted me and to my third phone call I keep saying that it is a technical problem being solved, but I wonder if need much time to send 8 right files?"

here's a couple of good ones worth noting b4 the year is gone. both are available from CD Baby. Bengala is download only. Alchemy Daze is both CD and download

Bengala - Kokoko (Bengala 12/10/2016) jazz/fusion/funk

"Rock with a progressive twist influenced by soul, funk and blues. For fans of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and The Black Crowes, "Along for the Ride", the debut album by ALCHEMY DAZE will keep you grooving"

Alchemy Daze - Whiskey Pam (Along for the Ride 11/18/2016)

i.ain't.dead.irock

Semiramis will release a live CD/DVD next year including 2 new tracks

"Locanda delle Fate" have some new tracks, but it's not clear in which form they will be released

Teaser of the new (after 20 years) "Ancient Veil" album "I am Changing" (Ancient Veil was founded by 2 original "Eris Pluvia" guys)

Nexus by Taproban feat. A. Marangolo (Flea on the Honey, Flea, Etna)

Last edited by TheH; 12-25-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Banned
    Unreal by And Virtual

Bandcamp link

a2512807150_16.jpg

New song by Locanda delle Fate

^ Very nice, thanks!
    I like the part where Icarus hijacks the Little Red Hen.

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

New song by Locanda delle Fate

That sounds pretty great! How much of the original line-up is still with the band these days?

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    That sounds pretty great! How much of the original line-up is still with the band these days?
    If I'm not mistaken I would say 4. Lead Vocalist, one of the Keyboardists and Bass Player and Drummer.

70's band Cincinnato now active as Thauma Cincinnato

There will be a live CD/DVD by UT New Trolls soon..

The Electric Swan (Wicked Minds spin off) will have a new album "Windblown" out soon

happy new years to everyone i do not write often but this is my favorite page i read you all the time and it is fun that this page continue

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    here's a couple of good ones worth noting b4 the year is gone. both are available from CD Baby. Bengala is download only. Alchemy Daze is both CD and download

Bengala - Kokoko (Bengala 12/10/2016) jazz/fusion/funk

"Rock with a progressive twist influenced by soul, funk and blues. For fans of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and The Black Crowes, "Along for the Ride", the debut album by ALCHEMY DAZE will keep you grooving"

Alchemy Daze - Whiskey Pam (Along for the Ride 11/18/2016)

"For fans of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and The Black Crowes..."

so not at all prog?

Quote Originally Posted by clauper View Post
    happy new years to everyone i do not write often but this is my favorite page i read you all the time and it is fun that this page continue
    Happy new Year! Glad you like this thread.

I think the Ingranaggia Della Valle - Warm Spaced Blue is definitely in my Top 10 for 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by 100423 View Post
    I think the Ingranaggia Della Valle - Warm Spaced Blue is definitely in my Top 10 for 2016.
    Ingranaggi Della Valle will be in mine too.

I always feel like a child on Christmas Eve when that happens

Stupid as I am I forgot to order the Il Bacio della Medusa live album on my last BTF shopping...
    Did you end up getting it? It is fantastic, 80 minutes of pure bliss. Been playing it intensively over the Christmas break and I liked it more with every new spin. Another worthy contender for Top 10 of 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Did you end up getting it? It is fantastic, 80 minutes of pure bliss. Been playing it intensively over the Christmas break and I liked it more with every new spin. Another worthy contender for Top 10 of 2016.
    Yes, I got it. I just had time to spin it once, but really liked it. BdM are in my top 10 ten of current Italian bands.
    This one will surly get many more spins.

If I'm not mistaken I would say 4. Lead Vocalist, one of the Keyboardists and Bass Player and Drummer.
    What happened to Leonardo Sasso, he lost so much weight? Not a bad thing in general, unless the loss is caused by some illness. I hope that is not the case. Check the video below from only three years ago: