Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2898

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    ---FEM Prog Band

Wish they would go back to their original moniker of Forza Elettro Motrice. FEM Prog definitely gets lost in translation...

---Il Tempio delle Clessidre

Cool. Hadn't heard they had a new one on the horizon.

----Astrolabio (soon)

Excellent news. Really enjoyed their debut.

----Universal Totem Orchestra (December)

I read somewhere it's December 17th. Not sure how accurate the source is.

---La Torre dell'Alchimista (if they ever finish it :-) )

It's been almost 10 years since their last one. I listened to my CD of Neo not that long ago actually. Great album. I can't even remember the last time I pulled out the debut for a listen.

----Unreal City (September 2017)

Looks like the date has been set for November 17th, 2017. Well then, get the party hats out now!

Another CD I just pulled down from the stack is the last Logos album from 2014. Really good retro Italian prog. They seem to be quite active according to their FB page, but I didn't notice any new recordings coming up.

Oh - and I agree with Mark on your valuable contributions here!
    Forza Elettro Motrice I would prefer too, but it's a habit in Italy to cut down those band names like PFM, RDM or RRR. FEM is just silly as they had to add
    that Prog Band part to be not confused with female or gay Pop acts with similar names who exist in legions.

The Il Tempio delle Clessidre album was originally announced for summer 2016 so they are rather delayed. They filmed a support video some time ago so
    this one might be out soon.

I have no idea when Astrolabio's second one will be out but they keep posting tiny bits of the new album cover for months now (which will be a rather awful comic collage)

Universal Totem Orchestra: Massimo Gasperini one of the lable bosses of Black Widow told me it's going to be out in December. Although they are the nicest guys around
    in the business their marketing is the worst ever (for example I already own the new Presence album which not even mentioned on their website or Facebook account).

La Torre dell'Alchimista: Neo is a step forward from the debut (which is still very good). I remember an interview from 2007 where they said that the next album will be
    out in 2017, I thought that to be a joke back then. The band ensured me that they are still working on the album.

Unreal City: The release party will be in Holland in September 2017 as far as I know (might go there).

Logos are indeed very active, just not in recording new stuff...

Wow, that's a long wait for the Unreal City album! Oh well, fortunately we have two amazing albums to keep us going until then...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Banned
    A Journey As A Life by Drivhell

Bandcamp link

Awesome prog metal debut!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm getting it, but I wish I could also find Io E Il Tempo , the only one I am missing. I can't find it anywhere!
    There are 7 on Discogs as we speak.

EDIT: I see other people have made the same observation.
    Last edited by Zalmoxe; 12-07-2016 at 03:59 PM.

I really enjoy the new Moogg. Anyone else feeling the same?
    Last edited by Zalmoxe; 12-08-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I really enjoy the nee Moogg. Anyone else feeling the same?
    It almost made the cut in my last order, but I opted for new Nuova Era & LBDV instead, for the Italian portion of the order.

I just ordered it, I'll post my thoughts when I've had a chance to spin it. Definitely looking forward to it.

Bill

The CD is here awaiting my attention... maybe I'll check it out tonight. Loved the first one!

There are 7 on Discogs as we speak.
    Yes, it's on my want list there, but I'm hoping to not pay those inflated prices + the international shipping. I can't keep shelling out forty or fifty bucks for one album, sadly.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It almost made the cut in my last order, but I opted for new Nuova Era & LBDV instead, for the Italian portion of the order.
    Those two are very good too but you need to hunt down the Moogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yes, it's on my want list there, but I'm hoping to not pay those inflated prices + the international shipping. I can't keep shelling out forty or fifty bucks for one album, sadly.
    Unfortunately, all these OOP albums will always fetch insane prices. Just like you, I waited a long time to find a copy and when I finally broke down, I ended up paying a lot.

New album by Taproban out soon

taproban.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    New album by Taproban out soon

taproban.jpg
    Stunning cover. Let's hope it will match the music.

Stunning cover. Let's hope it will match the music.
    I liked their last one quite a bit, and their first one. They did a couple in between those I wasn't as fond of, got a bit too Neo-Proggy for me. I agree, that's a good cover and I'm hoping to enjoy this new one.

Bill

Banned
    Elemento Antropico by Basta!

Bandcamp link

Released December 4, 2016

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Assume this isn't the Joris Vanvinckenroye of Aranis solo project of the same name. Actually this sounds pretty good, always a sucker for clarinet.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Does anyone have the new Osanna, Pape Satan Allepe?

I bought the digital download, but something is amiss - this one is supposed to be a live CD, but the first 8 songs on the download are not Osanna, but another Italian band

The song listings look correct vs the rear of the CD inlay, but the music on the files doesn't match the titles

The concert picks up with the proper recordings, as titled, from tracks 9-20

The Itunes listing appears to be incorrect as well, as they show the exact same track times

Anyone have the actual CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Chichen Itza View Post
    Does anyone have the new Osanna, Pape Satan Allepe?

I bought the digital download, but something is amiss - this one is supposed to be a live CD, but the first 8 songs on the download are not Osanna, but another Italian band

The song listings look correct vs the rear of the CD inlay, but the music on the files doesn't match the titles

The concert picks up with the proper recordings, as titled, from tracks 9-20

The Itunes listing appears to be incorrect as well, as they show the exact same track times

Anyone have the actual CD?
    Not sure what is the track list for your digital download, but here is mine (also a digital download in anticipation of the physical purchase):

Osanna_PapeSatanAleppe.jpg

The second track is the title track, so it must be part of the album. This is a terrific album, highly recommended.

Not sure what is the track list for your digital download, but here is mine (also a digital download in anticipation of the physical purchase):

Osanna_PapeSatanAleppe.jpg

The second track is the title track, so it must be part of the album. This is a terrific album, highly recommended.
    The track listing is correct, but I don't believe the downloads contain what is listed.

I'm very familiar with the songs "Taka Boom", and their usual "L"uomo / Purple Haze medley, and those, while labelled as those cuts, they are not what is on the downloads

Track times match on Amazon It, and on Spotify, so it appears someone made a huge error

Tracks 1-8 sound like a different Italian band and in the studio - that is not Lino Viaretti singing

The "right" live tracks #9-20 are excellent, so I hope this gets sorted
    Last edited by Chichen Itza; 12-12-2016 at 05:57 PM.

The track listing is correct, but I don't believe the downloads contain what is listed.

I'm very familiar with the songs "Taka Boom", and their usual "L"uomo / Purple Haze medley, and those, while labelled those cuts, they are not what is on the downloads

Track times match on Amazon It, and on Spotify, so it appears someone made a huge error

Tracks 1-8 sound like a different Italian band and in the studio - that is not Lino Viaretti singing

The "right" live tracks #9-20 are excellent, so I hope this gets sorted
    Now that you mentioned, I listened more carefully and yes, the singer differs between the first 9 tracks and the rest of the album.

Now that you mentioned, I listened more carefully and yes, the singer differs between the first 9 tracks and the rest of the album.
    Thank you for confirming

Dying to know if the CD is pressed with this error as well

Thank you for confirming

Dying to know if the CD is pressed with this error as well
    Some more information on thia album:

The new and highly anticipated new album! Osanna release it with a beautiful papersleeve edition with photo book inside. The CD includes one unreleased studio track which is the song that gives the title to the entire work "Papè Satàn aleppe" while the other songs are recorded live during the concert last May at Club Il giardino in Lugagnano (Verona).
    The set list was chosen from the entire repertoire. It lasts over two hours and there are many excerpts from Palepolitana and some of the historical repertoire as L'uomo, Taka Boom, oro caldo (Fuje 'a chistu paese) plus some covers that are a tribute and a love quote to fellow travelers of the progressive rock world, such as Banco, PFM, Area, Nomadi, Equipe 84, Alan Parsons Project, but especially to those who have flown away like Francesco di Giacomo, Rodolfo Maltese, Demetrio Stratos and Augusto Daolio and lifelong friend Pino Daniele. The same "Pape Satan aleppe" is a tribute to Umberto
    Eco.
    It was recorded in multitrack with a great job of post-production, editing and mixing by Alfonso La Verghetta.
    The track Papè satan aleppe starts with a prologue on an ambient atmosphere in which Lino Vairetti reads the first six verses of the seventh canto of Dante's "Inferno". Then he gets to the heart of the song with a very rock rhythm (Led Zeppelin style) and develops a very dynamic choral song and full of rhythmic changes between even and odd.
    The lyric are all in neapolitan.

Tracklist:
    01. Castelcivita Caves (prologo)
    02. Pape Satan Aleppe
    03. Taka Boom
    04. L’Uomo Medley(L’Uomo/Purple Haize)
    05. Fenesta Vascia
    06. Michelemmà
    07. Santa Lucia
    08. Antotrain
    09. Anni di Piombo
    10. Poesia
    11. Canzone Amara
    12. Ciao Napoli
    13. Profugo
    14. Palepolitana
    15. Prog Garden Medley(Non mi Rompete /Il Banchetto/Luglio Agosto Settembre Nero )
    16. Vorrei Incontrarti
    17. Fuje Blues
    18. Oro Caldo
    19. Auschwitz
    20. Il Mare

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Ingranaggi della Valle: Track from the upcoming album Warm Spaced Blue

sounds very promising. If anybody got more details about that album, please update.

^^^

Wow, just had a chance to listen to this. It does sound promising! I have to give their first one a fresh spin, that's a new vocalist on the clip above, right?

Bill