Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

  1. #926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,882
    Li Vuoi Quei Kiwi? by Campo Magnetico

    Bandcamp link



    Favourite track: La fiera di Dusseldorf

  2. #927
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,803
    I've just ordered the new Submarine Silence, along with the new live disc from Il Bacio della Medusa. Always a great day when a package from BTF arrives!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  3. #928
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I've just ordered the new Submarine Silence, along with the new live disc from Il Bacio della Medusa. Always a great day when a package from BTF arrives!
    I always feel like a child on Christmas Eve when that happens

    Stupid as I am I forgot to order the Il Bacio della Medusa live album on my last BTF shopping...

  4. #929
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Stupid as I am I forgot to order the Il Bacio della Medusa live album on my last BTF shopping...
    Well now you'll have to place another order - what a shame.
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  5. #930
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Locanda delle Fate will start to tour again in 2017. They also announced that there will be new releases (plural)!

  6. #931
    Member ashratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    The new Submarine Silence will now be released at the end of this week (7th).
    Does the new one have vocals? (I'm too lazy to look up). I have to admit I wasn't as keen on the second as the instrumental debut. It seemed more like a UK neo prog album similar to the parent band Moongarden.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Finally, the Cd issue of Moogg's Italian Luxury Style will be out on the 17th October.
    Yes, finally indeed! Great news. Thanks TheH.

  7. #932
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Does the new one have vocals? (I'm too lazy to look up). I have to admit I wasn't as keen on the second as the instrumental debut. It seemed more like a UK neo prog album similar to the parent band Moongarden.
    Yes it does have vocals. They have a new singer who is much better than the one on the second album, but not great though.
    Last edited by TheH; 10-13-2016 at 03:55 PM.

  8. #933
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    I'm afraid all titles are in English, also not to wild about the cover (at least it's not that ugly as the Alvaro Fella & CAP one)

    nuova.jpg

  9. #934
    Member ashratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Yes it does have vocals. They have a new singer who is much better than the one on the second album, but not great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I'm afraid all titles are in English, also not to wild about the cover (at least it's not that ugly as the Alvaro Fella & CAP one)

    nuova.jpg
    2 Ugh's. Oh well. I'll try to keep an open mind.....

  10. #935
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    2 Ugh's. Oh well. I'll try to keep an open mind.....
    I see your 2 Ugh's and raise you one "Bleh!"

    I'll sample it when it comes out, and like you try to keep an open mind, but I too was hoping for a return to their earlier sound, including Italian vocals. We'll see.

    Bill

  11. #936
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Painting that will be the basis of the new Universal Totem Orchestra cover

    uto.jpg

    and the new band Logo (which will be on the cover to I think)

    uto2.jpg

  12. #937
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by ske View Post
    And we are working hard on the new album, we'll record it next year.
    thanks for the thread and keep it up!
    Good to hear that.

    Hi Paolo, I've heard that you been working on a live album of SKE material, is that true???

    (wouldn't mind a second studio one too )

  13. #938
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Does the new one have vocals? (I'm too lazy to look up). I have to admit I wasn't as keen on the second as the instrumental debut. It seemed more like a UK neo prog album similar to the parent band Moongarden.
    Well, I may be in the minority(I usually am), but I much preferred the second. In fact, I thought it was one of the best CDs of 2013! Didn't mind the vocals at all.

  14. #939
    Member ashratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I see your 2 Ugh's and raise you one "Bleh!"


    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Well, I may be in the minority(I usually am), but I much preferred the second. In fact, I thought it was one of the best CDs of 2013! Didn't mind the vocals at all.
    Actually it's good to know this, as it'll encourage me to revisit.

  15. #940
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    6,179
    That Nuova Era cover reeketh of cheese, but it's still an autobuy.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  16. #941
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    The first full time album by Il Rumore Bianco will be on AltRock/Fading Records in November

    rmb.jpg


    The second album by Panther & Co. will be out in March 2017

    Il Babau & I Maledetti Cretini new fonodrama "Il cuore rivelatore" (The Bogey man & the dam' Idiots - The Tale Tale Heart) will be out soon.

  17. #942
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    New 2CD by Sophya Baccini's (Aradia, Osanna, Delirium) main band "Presence" - "Masters and Following"

    pres.jpg

    It maybe already out, or not.. It's not like Black Widow Records would tell anyone when they release an album..
    (awesome lable, worst information politic - marketing ever)

  18. #943
    Progressive/Folk band from Como, Italy Trewa - Beware the Selvadic (10/31/2016)

    White Sails

    i.ain't.dead.irock

  19. #944
    Member Zalmoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Next to Eris Pluvia releasing their third album soon (with only the bass player left of the original lineup)
    This is quite a disappointment, based on the first three spins I gave the "Different Earths" album so far.

  20. #945
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    This is quite a disappointment, based on the first three spins I gave the "Different Earths" album so far.
    Wasn't expecting much from this one. only heard one track so far which was rather boring.

    I have higher hopes for the new Ancient Veil, featuring 2 members from Eris Pluvia that played on "Rings of earthly Light", plus the lady who sang the B-Vox
    on hat album (plus a latter guitarist from that band).

  21. #946
    Although not really music that fits the title of this thread I'm sure some of us are as delighted as I am to see a live-DVD/CD from Alice with Franco Battiato:
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01LX4PP0O

    I'm sure we'll get a better view than on this one:


  22. #947
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    Gran Turismo Veloce are back!!!! second album is being mastered right now. Didn't think this was ever going to happen.

  23. #948
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,648
    After the return of GTV some other short news

    Höstsonaten's "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" will be continued soon..

    Fonderia are back in the studio after their detour as La Batteria...

    FEM Prog Band are in the studio

    Sophya Baccini will appear on "Orlando" by Banco dell Muttuo Soccorso

    CHRISTADORO are a new project feat. Zuffanti, SKE and Pier Panzeri (Biglietto Per l'Inferno)

  24. #949
    Member FredOCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    After the return of GTV some other short news

    Höstsonaten's "The Rime Of The Ancient Mariner" will be continued soon..

    Fonderia are back in the studio after their detour as La Batteria...

    FEM Prog Band are in the studio

    Sophya Baccini will appear on "Orlando" by Banco dell Muttuo Soccorso

    CHRISTADORO are a new project feat. Zuffanti, SKE and Pier Panzeri (Biglietto Per l'Inferno)
    Fonderia is one my favorite modern progressive bands. I can't wait for this!!

  25. #950
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    73

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •