Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

My review of La Curva Di Lesmo
    Www.progradar.org/?s=lesmo

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    That is not the only album we are still waiting to be released. Whatever happened to the new Moogg and the new Grand Turismo Veloce? I thought those were supposed to be released many moons ago.
    Absolutley no info on those two.

Moogg where like "Oh our new album is almost ready" months ago and then nothing about it any more.

"Grand Turismo Veloce" still owe me this Album (I crowdfounded it). There is absolutley no activity from the band for about one and a half year now.

I'll tell you what though, when I was in Rome last week I realized that vinyl is HUGE there, and the two record shops I went into both had Italian prog sections.

"Grand Turismo Veloce" still owe me this Album (I crowdfounded it). There is absolutley no activity from the band for about one and a half year now.
    No wonder. When I saw the the sum they wanted to raise (20 000 euro or more) I knew that with such expenses they would be in trouble.

Anyone know if Pandora will be releasing another album anytime soon? I absolutely love them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Anyone know if Pandora will be releasing another album anytime soon? I absolutely love them.
    In the works for some time now, but as almost all the albums I been waiting for there seems to be no progress.

P.S. There is some News. Next Album will be out in Spring and is called "10 Years Like in a Magic Dream..."
    4 older Tracks by the band rerecorded (and sung in English) plus 5 cover Versions.
    Last edited by TheH; 11-19-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    In the works for some time now, but as almost all the albums I been waiting for there seems to be no progress.

P.S. There is some News. Next Album will be out in Spring and is called "10 Years Like in a Magic Dream..."
    4 older Tracks by the band rerecorded (and sung in English) plus 5 cover Versions.
    Interesting, thanks for the info!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Did somebody listen to the new Cherry Five release yet? I'm still looking forward to it, hoping they have come back with that same energy and exciting spirit of their 75 release, I love that album!
    "Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Robson View Post
    Did somebody listen to the new Cherry Five release yet? I'm still looking forward to it, hoping they have come back with that same energy and exciting spirit of their 75 release, I love that album!
    Although I like it, the new Album is very different in style to the classic one. That whole Genesis with Squire bass 70s feeling is gone.
    They play more Italian modern symph Prog with Italian vocals now (and the singers voice hasn't got better in time).

Although I like it, the new Album is very different in style to the classic one. That whole Genesis with Squire bass 70s feeling is gone.
    They play more Italian modern symph Prog with Italian vocals now (and the singers voice hasn't got better in time).
    Thanks TheH, and interesting your feelings about their debut, I will try to figure that out when listening to it again. Anyway, I just can't wait to get the hands on their new album, as like most italian prog bands their '75 release feels to me somehow distinctive, a more loose focus on the theatrical conceptual story-telling thing, letting to the lyrics singing just the straight (and hooking) melodies, and man it really rocks when the full mix of instruments take the scene. Just three words: what a freakin dynamic music!

So, it's good to know they veered into a more modern approach now, even though I know nothing at all italian wise except for La Coscienza di Zeno - 'Nei Cerchi Del Legno' and 'Un Insolito Baratto Alchemico' were the ones I liked more from their 2011 debut.
    Last edited by Rick Robson; 11-21-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    "Beethoven can write music, thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. ". Ludwig van Beethoven

Looks like Semiramis is working on a new Album (without Michele Zarrillo)

It seems like Le Orme have rerecorded "Felona and Sorona" (both Versions!) with the actual line up.
    (to be out in January).

A new Studio Album is also announced for December 2016.

It seems like Le Orme have rerecorded "Felona and Sorona" (both Versions!) with the actual line up.
    (to be out in January).

A new Studio Album is also announced for December 2016.
    Wow! On both counts!

(to be out in January).
    I'm guessing by "actual," you mean "current," rather than the lineup that "actually" recorded the original version. (In other words, no Aldo Tagliapietra or Tony Pagliuca.)

Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    I'm guessing by "actual," you mean "current," rather than the lineup that "actually" recorded the original version. (In other words, no Aldo Tagliapietra or Tony Pagliuca.)
    Yes, sorry. Sometimes very similar German words have a slightly different meaning.

Lineup on these Albums will be: Michi Dei Rossi, Michele Bon, Fabio Trentini

Thanks TheH, always keeping us informed with RPI news . I love Le Orme's last releases as well, especially L'Infinito and Elementi, but regardless of the current lineup I'm glad to know they are releasing a brand new album.

Felona e Sorona is my Le Orme's favourite, which I cherish as an outstanding work of art, indeed. It would be interesting to see the new lineup interpretation of it, sure just their personal 'variations' on the original 'score' makes it worth checking out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Robson View Post
    Thanks TheH, always keeping us informed with RPI news
    I second this! It's much appreciated.

Ut New Trolls "é" new Album out now.

First solo Album by Elisa Montaldo (Il Tempio delle Clessidre)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Bump

Thanks for the bump mozo. I must be losing my memory though, as i even posted here a few of weeks ago.

Managed to get my hands on a copy of the 2-disc longbox edition of PFM's Dracula. Wasn't cheap, but hey, I had to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Managed to get my hands on a copy of the 2-disc longbox edition of PFM's Dracula. Wasn't cheap, but hey, I had to have it!
    Cool, I didn't know that something like that existed. What's on the second disc?

Cool, I didn't know that something like that existed. What's on the second disc?
    I didn't know either, until a member of my group posted a photo of it! I was really surprised... Record Heaven had two copies left, which myself and Greg Walker ordered (he didn't know about it either!)... BTF has never had it as far as I know, and if the other major online vendors had it, it would have been several years ago.

Studio Album, released in 2006

Songs / Tracks Listing

Atto I
    1. Ouverture
    2. L'ultima notte d'amore
    3. La visione del pazzo
    4. Non e' un incubo e' realta'
    5. La promessa
    6. La danza degli orologi
    7. La canzone dell'innocenza
    8. Il mio nome e' Dracula
    9. Il Castello dei perche'
    10. Vieni Jonathan vieni
    11. Terra Madre
    12. Il Demeter
    13. Rose e sangue
    14. Due labbra della stessa ferita
    15. Non guardarmi

Atto II
    1. Il tuo sorriso la tua voce
    2. Male d'amore
    3. L'incubo di Lucy
    4. Il vero nemico
    5. Non avrai pace
    6. Due donne in me
    7. Il punto debole
    8. Una nuova carezza
    9. La morte non muore
    10. Ho mangiato il vampiro
    11. Un destino di rondine
    12. Andarsene per amore
    Line-up / Musicians

- Franco Mussida / guitars
    - Franz Di Cioccio / drums & percussions
    - Flavio Premoli / keyboards
    - Patrick Djivas / bass guitar

Vocals:
    Dracula: Vittorio Matteucci
    Mina: Sabrina De Siena
    Lucy: Maria Grazia Di Valentino
    Jonathan: Davide Benedetti
    Renfield: Fabio Privitera
    Van Helsing: Gio' Tortorelli
    Seward: Max Corfini
    Releases information

2CD Complete Opera Version - Original Cast Recording

There are copies on Discogs, and some nice images of the set... I wanted to grab the copy that's going for 12 Euros, but that guy has only 1 rating and I was wary.

http://www.discogs.com/Premiata-Forn...elease/7337190

Awesome release plan of Altrock/Fading Records

Deus ex Machina early albums reissues
    La Bocca della Veritą "Avenoth"
    La Coscienza di Zeno "La notte anche di giorno" Vinyl
    Macroscream new album
    Mamma non piangere "3"
    Panzerpappa "Pestrottedans" (non Italian)
    Promenade
    Ske "1000 Autunni" reissue expanded
    Syndone new album
    Yugen new album