Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

  1. #276
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,686
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Great band and a great Festival, would love to be there too.......
    Quebec City is incredible. Maybe next year!

    Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Yea.Have a good time
    Thanks!

  2. #277
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    99
    How many of these groups is Lanzetti involved in?

  3. #278
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    How many of these groups is Lanzetti involved in?
    Apart from some guest appearances here and there:

    Aqua Fragile
    PFM
    Mangala Vallis
    CCLR

    P.S. there will be a new album out in summer of Lanzetti with Cristiano Roversi (Moongarden,CCLR),
    as "Lanzetti & Roversi". This Album will also feature Jonothan Mover (Marillion,GTR) on drums.
    Last edited by TheH; 04-24-2014 at 07:28 AM.

  4. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Apart from some guest appearances here and there:

    Aqua Fragile
    PFM
    Mangala Vallis
    CCLR

    P.S. there will be a new album out in summer of Lanzetti with Cristiano Roversi (Moongarden,CCLR),
    as "Lanzetti & Roversi". This Album will also feature Jonothan Mover (Marillion,GTR) on drums.
    That's not Lanzetti in Narrow Path?

  5. #280
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    That's not Lanzetti in Narrow Path?
    No he aint.

    On the first two albums by Narrow Pass (not Path) the male vocals where from "Alessandro Corvaglia" the lead singer of
    "La Maschera di Cera".

    There will be a new Album soon, and this time we will have lead vocals by "Alessandro Serri" the original vocalist of
    Eris Pluvia (the guy who sang on the marvelous "Rings Of Earthly Light" Album)

  6. #281
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    No he aint.

    On the first two albums by Narrow Pass (not Path) the male vocals where from "Alessandro Corvaglia" the lead singer of
    "La Maschera di Cera".

    There will be a new Album soon, and this time we will have lead vocals by "Alessandro Serri" the original vocalist of
    Eris Pluvia (the guy who sang on the marvelous "Rings Of Earthly Light" Album)
    Then I'll look forward to the change. Corvaglia was so bad on "a room of fairy queens" that I couldn't even make it all the way through.

  7. #282
    Member Zalmoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    395
    Did not see Tacita Intesa mentioned here yet. Sounds quite interesting. The band offers their album as a free download on their Bandcamp page:

    You can also stream it on YouTube:


  8. #283
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Promenade new hopefulls soon to be on Altrock/Fading



    SEZIONE FRENANTE new on Ma.Ra.Cash



    Idee Confuse

  9. #284
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Brilliant return of LogoS


    Also on Andromeda Relix
    Astrolabio

  10. #285
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Some brilliant new bands

    Barnum's Freak


    Fabric


    La Bocca della Verità

  11. #286
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    99
    Got a mis-labeled CD which features a group called "Artista Sconosciuto"(unknown artist). It's really good in the retro-prog vein. Anyone know about this? Two of the best tracks are "The Pear-Shaped Man" and "The Curfew"

  12. #287
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Got a mis-labeled CD which features a group called "Artista Sconosciuto"(unknown artist). It's really good in the retro-prog vein. Anyone know about this? Two of the best tracks are "The Pear-Shaped Man" and "The Curfew"
    Sorry but to me that sounds a lot like being "The Worm Ouroboros" from Belarus.

    That one?

  13. #288
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    99
    that's the one. ^^^

  14. #289
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    La Torre dell'Alchimista started to record a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "Neo" was the best retro symph album of this millenium so far for me, so I have very great hopes for this one.

  15. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    La Torre dell'Alchimista started to record a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    "Neo" was the best retro symph album of this millenium so far for me, so I have very great hopes for this one.
    Awesome news. Also one of my favorite groups, I really dig both of their albums. Auto buy for me when it comes out.

    Bill

  16. #291
    Member ashratom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs CO
    Posts
    217
    La Torre dell'Alchimista. That is great news! I also thought "Neo" (and their debut) to be excellent.

  17. #292
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Apart fom La Torre dell'Alchimista what's still to come this year or early next year

    Promenade - tba (Altrock/Fading)
    Barock Project - tba (about 75% recorded)
    Breznev Fun Club - tba (Altrock) (half of it is recorded (for 3-4 years now)
    VIII Strada - Babylon (if it is ever going to happen)
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre - Live in Korea DVD (still with Galifi)
    Fonderia - tba
    Egonon - "IN VITRO" (mixing)
    Abash -tba (mixing)
    Lagartija - tba (mixing)
    Narrow Pass (recording)
    DAAL - "Dances of the drastic navels" (with Tirill Mohn (White Willow) and a 30 min Suite)
    Gran Turismo Veloce - tba (with Tony Levin, Colin Edwin, Craig Blundell and synphonic orchestra)
    Cherry Five - Il Pozzo dei Giganti (No Joke!!!!!!!!)
    Delirium (already named but silly me has forgotten it) (P.S. it's "L’era della Menzogna")
    Spettri - MMCMLXXIII…LA NEMICA DEI RICORDI
    Unreal City - tba (January 2015)
    Il Castello di Atlante - ArX Atlantis
    CATAFALCHI DEL CYBER - tba
    Maxophone - tba
    Alluminogeni - tba (actually 3 albums in the works!)
    Il Giardino Onirico - tba (Work in Progress)
    MOOGG - tba (WIP)

    IANVA has something cooking maybe alive DVD

  18. #293
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    what's still to come this year or early next year
    Cherry Five - Il Pozzo dei Giganti (No Joke!!!!!!!!)
    Is the Cherry Five an archival release?

  19. #294
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    Is the Cherry Five an archival release?
    No, brand new formation of Toni Tartarini and Carlo Bordini with Gianluca De Rossi (Keys, Taproban)

  20. #295
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    44
    Wow. So now actual Goblin members I guess.

  21. #296
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    Wow. So now actual Goblin members I guess.
    They always where! Tartarini (maybe better known as Toni Gionta of L'UOVO DI COLOMBO) was fired after recording the "Cherry Five" Album.
    Carlo Bordini refused to sign the record contract so he fired himself.

    "Cherry Five" never existed of course, so this new formation is really the first real band with that name (and it was free, though).

    There is also a rumor of "Reale Impero Britannico" reforming with Walter Martino and Fabio Frizzi, but I don't think that's real.

  22. #297
    Member Zalmoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Apart fom La Torre dell'Alchimista what's still to come this year or early next year

    Promenade - tba (Altrock/Fading)
    Barock Project - tba (about 75% recorded)
    Breznev Fun Club - tba (Altrock) (half of it is recorded (for 3-4 years now)
    VIII Strada - Babylon (if it is ever going to happen)
    Il Tempio delle Clessidre - Live in Korea DVD (still with Galifi)
    Fonderia - tba
    Egonon - "IN VITRO" (mixing)
    Abash -tba (mixing)
    Lagartija - tba (mixing)
    Narrow Pass (recording)
    DAAL - "Dances of the drastic navels" (with Tirill Mohn (White Willow) and a 30 min Suite)
    Gran Turismo Veloce - tba (with Tony Levin, Colin Edwin, Craig Blundell and synphonic orchestra)
    Cherry Five - Il Pozzo dei Giganti (No Joke!!!!!!!!)
    Delirium (already named but silly me has forgotten it) (P.S. it's "L’era della Menzogna")
    Spettri - MMCMLXXIII…LA NEMICA DEI RICORDI
    Unreal City - tba (January 2015)
    Il Castello di Atlante - ArX Atlantis
    CATAFALCHI DEL CYBER - tba
    Maxophone - tba
    Alluminogeni - tba (actually 3 albums in the works!)
    Il Giardino Onirico - tba (Work in Progress)
    MOOGG - tba (WIP)

    IANVA has something cooking maybe alive DVD

    Gosh, I already want more than half of these titles.

  23. #298
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Gosh, I already want more than half of these titles.
    Gosh, I need them all.... (started looking for a second job )

  24. #299
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    Looks like there will be some new Banco in September (looking forward to whatever that will be, a very hard task..)


  25. #300
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,547
    ^^

    It's going to be a 2CD live tribute concert recording with a lot of guest on vocals

    TONI SERVILLO, MONI OVADIA, GIUSEPPE CEDERNA, ALESSANDRO HABER, VALERIO MASTANDREA, ROCCO PAPALEO, FRANCA VALERI, GIULIANA DE SIO


    banco.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •