Thread: McLuhan-Anomlay

McLuhan-Anomlay

Any fans of this excellent American proto-prog/horn-rock album from 1972? As far as I know, this has never been reissued.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuSKn1F82xM

Picar CD 2010 is not legit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Picar CD 2010 is not legit ?
    Noooo. Picar is a known pirate concern (Picap from Spain, however, is legit)

The legal rights to the McLuhan album are tied up with the old Brunswick label. Paul Cohn called the owners of the rights for a CD reissue about 6 years ago, but they basically told him to go away.

Uppps, got the pirate one on the strenght of the ameriprog thread. Didn't kow it wasn't legit.
    Should consult Ashratom before placing orders

I really dig this Album. If you consider the original release date, this one was ahead of time at bit, at least in recording standards.
    Yery enjoyable and original mix of styles.

The original (and only) LP is worth searching for, not just for the music, but for the phenomenal gatefold!

Quote Originally Posted by saulgoodman View Post
    The original (and only) LP is worth searching for, not just for the music, but for the phenomenal gatefold!
    Agree!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Agreed on the vinyl. There are two presses. The original is on Brunswick (USA). This is the only progressive album I know on the label. They were primarily an RnB label. The album was also licensed to Bellaphon in Germany. I own the Brunswick LP myself. This is the kind of album you might stumble on relatively cheap. Not so much on ebay, but in thrift stores and good used record shops. It's still quite unknown. And many of the old guard psych guys hate horns, so that's helped keep the price down. Their loss as far as I'm concerned! I love this album.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    This is the kind of album you might stumble on relatively cheap. Not so much on ebay, but in thrift stores and good used record shops. It's still quite unknown. And many of the old guard psych guys hate horns, so that's helped keep the price down. Their loss as far as I'm concerned! I love this album.
    I'm waiting to come across one like this. I like the album a lot, but not enough to drop $40 on it.